you let me down, you let you friends down and

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

you let me down, you let you friends down and

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 pm

Most of all you let your club down......

Mr Heckingbottom, having only just signed a new contract LAST WEEK....

all of us rant on here, me included, I have a rather soft spot for Barnsley

not only their enthusiasm for reporting on our regular demises but also being with us when we had the best goal ever scored @ Loftus Road - Sinclair's.

Plus I find something endearing of a club that tries it's best and punches above it's weight - much like ourselves - so in these days of players renaging on deals and contracts for money it was obviously a shock to see dear old Mr H do exactly the same thing in joining Leeds.

To be honest, I really thought, in my little happy world, that managers were above such behavior, leastways not a week after signing a contract. Put another way, I feel rather sorry for Barnsley supporters - they deserve better.

we may bitch and moan about our own players, manager and owners, but I wonder how we'd feel if anyone of them picked up their purse and walked away?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: you let me down, you let you friends down and

Post by SM » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 pm

Yep, I would love to know if his extension included any bonus or signing-on fees. Very common with players and potentially managers too?

I may have missed something, but I thought Barnsley were in a horrible run of form. Surprised he’s attracted any interest with the way they’ve been playing recently...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Yes, I thought that too SM, but apparently they were happy with him
I'd forgotten they'd come up from the "old" 3rd Division so he must have impressed to warrant the deal in the first place

Leeds appreciate the "Northern Yorkshire Grit" profile apparently

Put another way that equals to stupidity, my guess is he wont be there by Christmas - given their manager turnover. On another day they could have got something out of their game with us, can see the merit in offering him another contract and the security for both therein.....until today.

For those too young to remember, smacks of Don Revie doing the same on England, although now knowing what our FA is like I can fully understand aniwall

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm

He's done a great job there. Won promotion and the Football League trophy in his first season, then a 14th place finish in the Championship last season, above several teams with considerably bigger budgets, ourselves included. And that despite having to sell virtually all of his best players during the course of the season. They're struggling this year, but it's a pretty thankless task having to continually rebuild your squad with limited funds.

Leeds is a great opportunity for him, although a bit of a poisoned chalice too. You can't blame him for taking it, but I do feel sorry for Barnsley, as that will very likely be another nail in their coffin for this season. Good for us though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:24 pm
Most of all you let your club down......

all of us rant on here, me included, I have a rather soft spot for Barnsley

not only their enthusiasm for reporting on our regular demises but also being with us when we had the best goal ever scored @ Loftus Road - Sinclair's.

Plus I find something endearing of a club that tries it's best and punches above it's weight - much like ourselves - so in these days of players renaging on deals and contracts for money it was obviously a shock to see dear old Mr H do exactly the same thing in joining Leeds.

To be honest, I really thought, in my little happy world, that managers were above such behavior, leastways not a week after signing a contract. Put another way, I feel rather sorry for Barnsley supporters - they deserve better.

we may bitch and moan about our own players, manager and owners, but I wonder how we'd feel if anyone of them picked up their purse and walked away?
He clearly knew a week ago and I assume Barnsley did is it not possible he signed the contract to help Barnsley with compensation. Don't know if true or not just another way to look at it

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:32 pm

Doesn't look good, but half a mil is good business for the Tykes if they can stay up.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:16 pm

As someone who remembers when Stan left the club for Cloughie's Forest and Tel got his El departing for the Nou Camp....

Both went with most fans blessings as both were opportunity's neither could turn down at that point in their career's...

Read that the contract signed had a release clause that Leeds activated....

Going to a hated rival and also taking all your coaching staff in February is really quite disgusting IMO....

Let's hope Barnsley survive (though not at our expense!) and Leeds fail to make the playoffs again...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Trojan
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Trojan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:14 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm
He's done a great job there. Won promotion and the Football League trophy in his first season, then a 14th place finish in the Championship last season, above several teams with considerably bigger budgets, ourselves included. And that despite having to sell virtually all of his best players during the course of the season. They're struggling this year, but it's a pretty thankless task having to continually rebuild your squad with limited funds.

Leeds is a great opportunity for him, although a bit of a poisoned chalice too. You can't blame him for taking it, but I do feel sorry for Barnsley, as that will very likely be another nail in their coffin for this season. Good for us though.
Agree. Leeds are probably paying him double what Barnsley can afford. He'd be nuts not to do it.
Sorry in advance.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:20 am

QPR John's comments may have more than a ring of truth to them,

from out of no where comes a contract offer and low and behold his employers are £500K better off

there may have been more than a whiff of collusion there.....methinks they do protest too much?

either way he was doing a pretty good job there...what price loyalty?

If we were top 4 and last 8 in a Cup run ( never going to happen ) then Ollie would be under the same consideration for a move away. Which begs the question, maybe this torrid season is all some Management Cunning Plan to keep Ollie on board naughty

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:22 am

Sorry about this, I appear to have broken out with a dose of the "Daily Mails" adding CAPITALS for false emphasis.

Pathetic I know, :oops: :oops:

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:23 pm

He clearly knew a week ago and I assume Barnsley did is it not possible he signed the contract to help Barnsley with compensation. Don't know if true or not just another way to look at it
Possibly, but it's unlikely given that Christiansen wasn't sacked until Sunday evening, and Heckingbottom signed the contract last week. Had Leeds not been thrashed at home by Cardiff, it would probably have been business as usual for both clubs.

Barnsley may known that he might be in the frame if Leeds were to decide to make a change, and tried to cover themselves a bit financially, but their official reaction does seem to suggest they were taken by surprise.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:46 pm

Trojan wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:14 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Agree. Leeds are probably paying him double what Barnsley can afford. He'd be nuts not to do it.

Didn't Barnsley recently get themselves some mega-rich owners? Providing they don't follow the QPR template (and there were no signs of that in the transfer window)there could be some exciting times ahead for them. He is Leeds' 9th manager since 2014.

I think give their track record with managers ... he has probably made a big mistake.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 pm

Yep, Barnsley did get some new owners as I recall

more importantly they'll be reet chuffed we're spending some much time contemplating their future on our messageboard instead of the other way around