Curtis Fleming leaves for middlesboro

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: Curtis Fleming leaves for middlesboro

Post by Crabsandwich » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:51 pm

Don't understand the worry, our defence has been awful all season, injuries have played a large part but even our best defenders are prone to horrible blunders, Smithies has made so many worldies because he's a great keeper but also because we gift so many opportunities. We're conceding more per game than we did last season and only 6 sides have conceded more than us. Surely we can find someone to do a better job?

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:53 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:56 pm
Gerry Francis as a replacement?
Good shout. I'm sure Holloway needs some support and Fleming most likely provided that at times. So I hope we get someone in fast. If Clint Hill can be that person and provide that support then great. If not, then lets welcome Francis back.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Crabsandwich wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:51 pm
Don't understand the worry, our defence has been awful all season, injuries have played a large part but even our best defenders are prone to horrible blunders, Smithies has made so many worldies because he's a great keeper but also because we gift so many opportunities. We're conceding more per game than we did last season and only 6 sides have conceded more than us. Surely we can find someone to do a better job?
Or Curtis realised you can't polish a t........

Crabsandwich
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Crabsandwich » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:26 am

Well, our record was better last season, he's had a full pre-season to work with them and they've gone backwards.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:29 am

Let's add a former R, someone who knew how to organise the defense and read the game. For my money that's Ryan Nelsen.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 am

For those who want to see Steve McLaren back you'll be disappointed as he was in the Directors Box at Leeds on Saturday

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:29 am

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 am
For those who want to see Steve McLaren back you'll be disappointed as he was in the Directors Box at Leeds on Saturday
And with them sacking their manager, sorry, head coach he must be a shoo-in for the job. Leeds get through more managers than us I reckon.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:05 am

Quite disappointed to see him go, but perhaps a shake up in that area isn’t the worst thing that could happen.

I don’t think Francis is an option - if he wanted work I’m sure he would have been Pulis’ first choice. And Clint Hill is playing regularly for Carlisle so we can rule him out too.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:11 pm

GF wouldn't be a good appointment in my opinion. I couldn't see him adapting to the flexible formations which Ollie seems to be putting in place, and which I think we need. He always seemed to play exactly the same formation if I remember rightly. That was OK back in the day but things work differently now.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Good luck to Curtis Fleming, Premier League bound.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Frank Clarke wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:09 pm
During Flemings stay, Robinson has improved immeasurably.
Not being injured will help that. I don't think it's possible to judge what, if any affect Fleming has had on Robinson. That said, i think he's done an ok job, we are better at the back, although we've had to switch to a fairly defensive interpretation of the wingback system to achieve that. I don't think it's the end of the world to lose him but we will need a decent replacement.

QPR1976 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Hope we got a decent fee for him, probably 'undisclosed' though.....

Bring in Clint Hill ASAP, imo.

Why don't we actually look at someone with decent coaching experience and some demonstrable success rather than another popular ex-player. Clint Hill might turn out to be an excellent coach but there is no evidence of that yet. He also is seemingly uninterested in getting involved in that side of the game, for us, on the terms offered.

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:18 pm

Good luck to CF. He had a really positive impact when he arrived and made the defence much better. Injuries have rocked us at the back.

The chance to be with his family more often would have been a big pull no doubt
QPR & Ireland

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:34 pm

Doesn't exactly say much for his commitment to the QPR 'project', or working with Ollie, I'd suggest. Won't be shedding too many tears about his departure. But I do think IH does/will need new help.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:43 pm

He's done well, and it's a bit daft to not recognise that during a season in which we have had major injuries to Onuoha, Hall, Perch, Lynch and Furlong. The scratch defence with Robinson and Baptiste at its heart performed better than could have been expected. Fleming and Olly have also made the back 3/5 system work a lot better than Redknapp and Hoddle managed with Rio Ferdinand and various other internationals at their disposal.

Pulis knows what he is doing with his coaches - Fleming is being rewarded for a more than decent job.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Greyhound wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:43 pm
He's done well, and it's a bit daft to not recognise that during a season in which we have had major injuries to Onuoha, Hall, Perch, Lynch and Furlong. The scratch defence with Robinson and Baptiste at its heart performed better than could have been expected. Fleming and Olly have also made the back 3/5 system work a lot better than Redknapp and Hoddle managed with Rio Ferdinand and various other internationals at their disposal.

Pulis knows what he is doing with his coaches - Fleming is being rewarded for a more than decent job.

aniclap
Come on you Sooopa ........