Today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Today

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:26 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:53 pm
12,400 and that’s a figure that includes all season ticket holders being in attendance, so it could be less than that.
I reckon about 11,000-ish which includes 5-600 Barnsley fans. Lots of season ticket holder seats empty around me in SAR. So 10.5k Rs turned up which is worrying but not entirely unexpected. Great, great result and thanks to Scowen for the only bit of quality in a p.isspoor game - it was an awesome strike. Washington could’ve - and should’ve - scored a couple. His confidence is shot. We could quite easily have own 3 or 4-0. Yesterday was all about the result so we’ll done to IH and the team for getting the three points.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:44 am

Regarding the attendance, I think the normal figure could have been even lower as I heard a lot of high pitched chanting from the Ellerslie Rd stand which leaves me to be believe local schools may have been allocated some cheap or free tickets.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:00 am

Which leaves me to my biggest question NEW STADIUM..

I get the whole to move forward you need to move with the times offer more corporate & midweek conferencing & events, generate revenue 7 days a week not just on match days etc, but my god we’re gonna be like the rest of those empty shells of a stadiums with pockets of fans scattered around, it will be awful.

I’ve seen and had a look around all three levels of hospitality at LR and although a luxury way to enjoy your matchday you couldn’t swing a cat above the SA Rd stand so I see the need to move on that front but as for the rest of us actually in the ground it’s gonna be lifeless on a Sat afternoon.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:13 am

Bournemouth - ninth in the Premier League, attracted 10,614 yesterday. That is not far off a full house for Bournemouth, but, they still had fewer watching than were at Plymouth in League One. Not sure what this proves, but, I am sure that we can do much better than 12,000 if the team is entertaining.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:21 am

I think it will take some time for a turnaround in attendances. Another point is the lack of atmosphere. The few half hearted cries of “come on you Rs” seem to fade away after the second intonation. There are so many issues - FFP, unsucessful and boring football, no faith in owners or the manager, few real characters in the side to enthuse the crowd, and indeed no guarantee the club will still be in existence after the FFP decision. It's going to be a long haul I'm afraid.

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 am

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:26 am
westlondonlalala wrote:
12,400 and that’s a figure that includes all season ticket holders being in attendance, so it could be less than that.
I reckon about 11,000-ish which includes 5-600 Barnsley fans. Lots of season ticket holder seats empty around me in SAR. So 10.5k Rs turned up which is worrying but not entirely unexpected. Great, great result and thanks to Scowen for the only bit of quality in a p.isspoor game - it was an awesome strike. Washington could’ve - and should’ve - scored a couple. His confidence is shot. We could quite easily have own 3 or 4-0. Yesterday was all about the result so we’ll done to IH and the team for getting the three points.
Barnsley had about 1,500 there and that may be overstating it...
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Decent crowd IMO .... It was Barnsley, it was February, it was miserable weather wise....

Atmosphere? Blame the last home game coupled with the capitulation against 10 man Brizzle Citeh last week... I wasn't full of cheer that was sure at the start of the game...

Worrying about filling a new stadium? Not happening anytime soon with FFP still hanging over us.

Got THREE important points so I'm happy enough this morning despite the game being a bit drab...

Positives for me was believe it or not was Perch back at RB and Pawel played as a WINGER....

Smith also put a real shift in yesterday... Would love to see Smyth fit again playing off him some more...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:29 am
Northolt_Rs wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
727 Barnsley

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:53 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:06 pm
Decent crowd IMO .... It was Barnsley, it was February, it was miserable weather wise....

Atmosphere? Blame the last home game coupled with the capitulation against 10 man Brizzle Citeh last week... I wasn't full of cheer that was sure at the start of the game...

Worrying about filling a new stadium? Not happening anytime soon with FFP still hanging over us.

Got THREE important points so I'm happy enough this morning despite the game being a bit drab...

Positives for me was believe it or not was Perch back at RB and Pawel played as a WINGER....

Smith also put a real shift in yesterday... Would love to see Smyth fit again playing off him some more...
Surely FFP increases the need for a new stadium. The cost of a new stadium is not counted towards FFP debt and the hopeful income will help us in the future. The income from LR will always put us in danger of breaking FFP

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:13 am
Bournemouth - ninth in the Premier League, attracted 10,614 yesterday. That is not far off a full house for Bournemouth, but, they still had fewer watching than were at Plymouth in League One. Not sure what this proves, but, I am sure that we can do much better than 12,000 if the team is entertaining.
I think it's fair to say we are a boutique club.

8)

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 pm

LanCat wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm
bigbobb wrote:
Northolt_Rs wrote:

727 Barnsley
Thanks Lancat - I didn't want to just make up a fanciful number as some might to try to make some misguided point as that would be just dumb wouldn't it... :roll:
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Thought that 700 was a good effort from them. As much as we moan it, it'd be even worse being a Barnsley supporter. I hope they have enough to stay up but they must be concerned.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:20 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Northolt_Rs wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:
Nowhere near....

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 am

Attendance-wise, I thought that it looked the lowest that I can recall (for a Saturday) in a long time.

Atmosphere was non-existent.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss