Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss

Post by westlondonlalala » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm

On target today for rangers in a 1-2 defeat, played 90 mins so good on him long may it continue.

Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Son of Robin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:20 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm
On target today for rangers in a 1-2 defeat, played 90 mins so good on him long may it continue.
Long may the Hi-bees rule over them!
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:35 pm
Apologies just finished refin my first ever game, men’s 11 aside, I’m still getting over the emotional torture.

Didn’t see Goss or Rangers.
Welcome to the dark side lala ... 😂😂

My pre match instructions to the Captain's on a Sunday morning?

You can call your teammates a caaaaant but not me or the opposition and play to the whistle as I'm likely to say "it's a man's game, get up you tart"...
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:26 pm

https://youtu.be/qF3OuPYrBgY

His goal is at 2:10. Decent strike.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:15 pm

Last edited by deadendjob on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:07 pm

And Yeni Ngbakoto scores a rather nice one too: https://streamable.com/1qamt

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:16 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Apologies just finished refin my first ever game, men’s 11 aside, I’m still getting over the emotional torture.

You can call your teammates a caaaaant but not me or the opposition and play to the whistle as I'm likely to say "it's a man's game, get up you tart"...
It’s an interesting transition from footballer for 20yrs to referee for my first two games, my estimation & respect for refs has gone up 10 fold.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:26 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

It’s an interesting transition from footballer for 20yrs to referee for my first two games, my estimation & respect for refs has gone up 10 fold.
My Dad was a local ref for 30 years and loved it. If he was ever harassed by players for his perceived bad decisions (Most players don't know the rules of the game) he would wait until they made a mistake and whisper 'and you think I'm cr@p' and that normally got a smile back. He would also say that if he was as good as they wanted him to be he wouldn't be reffing this rubbish.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:26 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Systemsguy wrote:

My Dad was a local ref for 30 years and loved it. If he was ever harassed by players for his perceived bad decisions (Most players don't know the rules of the game) he would wait until they made a mistake and whisper 'and you think I'm cr@p' and that normally got a smile back. He would also say that if he was as good as they wanted him to be he wouldn't be reffing this rubbish.
Sounds like a top man, I could have certainly done with him at HT & FT the last two Sunday’s for a chat.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
westlondonlalala wrote:

Sounds like a top man, I could have certainly done with him at HT & FT the last two Sunday’s for a chat.
Where do you ref?
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
SheepRanger wrote:

Where do you ref?
Within berks and bucks & middx areas so all over, I’m in the process of doing my five games I then go back for an exam Apr and should then Hopefully be qualified.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:26 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 pm
Bear-Grills wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:55 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

Where do you ref?
Within berks and bucks & middx areas so all over, I’m in the process of doing my five games I then go back for an exam Apr and should then Hopefully be qualified.
Good luck with that
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 am

From an HITC report of Rangers v Hibs:

There was still plenty to admire about Goss's free-kick, yet that fine strike should not disguise the fact that he was overrun by the Hibs' midfield, with the QPR loanee and Jason Holt unable to get a foothold on the game. Goss was highly rated at Manchester United and will bring additional quality to this Rangers side. The issue comes when he is tasked with doing the dirty work when he is far better with the ball at his feet. Rangers fans have now seen that for themselves and it will be interesting to see if he can add more steel to his game while Murty waits for Jack to return. The latter could be out for the rest of the season and that means the pressure is on Holt to up his game, acting as the tough tackler and potentially pushing Goss further forward as a consequence.

If he came back to LR, I am not sure how we would use him at the moment, but, maybe the spell at Rangers will add something to his game and eventually make him more useful to us.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

QPR1976
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR1976 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:53 am

kernowhoop wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 am
If he came back to LR, I am not sure how we would use him at the moment, but, maybe the spell at Rangers will add something to his game and eventually make him more useful to us.

Er....As a Wing back obviously.

(or a Striker, possibly)

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:04 am

Is it any surprise? The lad has played 9 competitive football matches in his whole career.

Wrapped in cotton wool at Utd now chucked in the deep end English championship looked Lightweight & now north of the border playing in the equivalent of league1.

Obviously has talent but if your gonna be a luxury player & not do the dirty work then you need to be something very special indeed.

But as I said he’s 9 games into his professional career a lot to learn, he’s playing catch up at the age of 22 as he was never loaned out anywhere.