FFP

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin

thebigfatchef
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

FFP

Post by thebigfatchef » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:28 pm

When is this FFP going to happen and we can start to build up and plan for the future. It's just getting on my bloody nerves every time we are going to sign/release or practically anything we try to do it comes up.
When is it going to happen for God's sake😠

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: FFP

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:34 pm

It can be sorted Monday if we write a cheque for £56m. But I guess it will drag on until the end of next season which will be how long it takes to finally get a cheap squad together. Hopefully they say well done and no fine will be necessary. Hopefully.....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:46 pm

I'll bet it's "boiling the piss" out of them at the FL, that we look like we won't be relegated. Spiteful cnuts :twisted:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:19 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:34 pm
It can be sorted Monday if we write a cheque for £56m. But I guess it will drag on until the end of next season which will be how long it takes to finally get a cheap squad together. Hopefully they say well done and no fine will be necessary. Hopefully.....
And where would we get £56M from (I thought it was £40M). There is no way we can pay the fine so if the FL win any appeal and demand payment we are finished

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 pm

The owners have said they'd pay it - or so I'm led to believe. We as a club will never be able to. Still hoping we make the FL look like a the vindictive sods they are and get a lesser slap on the wrist. We broke the rules and deserve to be punished - but this fine is punitive, and as I've said before... spiteful. Same as they did to Luton.

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 pm
The owners have said they'd pay it - or so I'm led to believe. We as a club will never be able to. Still hoping we make the FL look like a the vindictive sods they are and get a lesser slap on the wrist. We broke the rules and deserve to be punished - but this fine is punitive, and as I've said before... spiteful. Same as they did to Luton.
They are a bunch of *u**s
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Damien wrote:
I think the point is that the fine is supposed to be paid by the club and it may not be permissable for the owner(s) to pay from their own wealth. Clearly the Rangers cannot possibly pay it and nor would any other club in our position unless we sell the ground and ground share from then on. Nobody really knows because the FL haven't outlined the procedure. They really are a shambles of an organisation. Our main hope reposes in the fact that the league would surely not want to be seen to be driving a member club out of business with all that entails.

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:54 pm
Damien wrote:
I think the point is that the fine is supposed to be paid by the club and it may not be permissable for the owner(s) to pay from their own wealth. Clearly the Rangers cannot possibly pay it and nor would any other club in our position unless we sell the ground and ground share from then on. Nobody really knows because the FL haven't outlined the procedure. They really are a shambles of an organisation. Our main hope reposes in the fact that the league would surely not want to be seen to be driving a member club out of business with all that entails.
Fernandes said on talksport a couple of months ago the owners have all agreed to take the hit should any fine be handed out.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm
222gers wrote:
Damien wrote:
Fernandes said on talksport a couple of months ago the owners have all agreed to take the hit should any fine be handed out.

There is a difference between what the owners say and what the FL allow. If you think about it not allowing owners to pay the fine is the only logical thing about FFP otherwise owners can break FFP with impunity and pay the fine themselves.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 pm

Football is geared to its favourites and the Premier League - we stepped out of line by trying to compete with the larger clubs.

Cardiff flogged out £6 million on Gary Madine and cannot be carrying a reasonable wage bill in the championship, yet they go merrily.on their way?

The bank rolling there has to be via Tan and Co but why are we singled out as the only ones under the old rules?

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 pm
Football is geared to its favourites and the Premier League - we stepped out of line by trying to compete with the larger clubs.

Cardiff flogged out £6 million on Gary Madine and cannot be carrying a reasonable wage bill in the championship, yet they go merrily.on their way?

The bank rolling there has to be via Tan and Co but why are we singled out as the only ones under the old rules?
We're well known enough that everyone knows us, and small enough to make an example of without the risk of us tearing them a new one in court like Chelsea, City, Manure etc would do - bullies only beat up the ones they think can't fight back
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:26 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:20 pm
Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:54 pm

We're well known enough that everyone knows us, and small enough to make an example of without the risk of us tearing them a new one in court like Chelsea, City, Manure etc would do - bullies only beat up the ones they think can't fight back
I think you've got it in one or at least that is what the FL were betting on. The time it has taken the situation to be resolved suggests maybe they have misjudged the owners

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:19 pm
SheepRanger wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:34 pm
And where would we get £56M from (I thought it was £40M). There is no way we can pay the fine so if the FL win any appeal and demand payment we are finished
We dont have it and that's why we are cutting our cloth to show we're playing the game. Who know what the real figure is...?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.stan ... html%3famp

Southgate Hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Southgate Hoop » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:43 pm
Southgate Hoop wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm
222gers wrote:

There is a difference between what the owners say and what the FL allow. If you think about it not allowing owners to pay the fine is the only logical thing about FFP otherwise owners can break FFP with impunity and pay the fine themselves.
Fair point. But then the point of FFP is to stop teams spending beyond their means and resulting in administration and eventually bust.
Slapping a fine like that on the actual club would go against everything FFP was bought in for.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:30 pm

Southgate Hoop wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm

Slapping a fine like that on the actual club would go against everything FFP was bought in for.
You know it and I know it pity the FL is run by people who have had a common sense bypass