Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Sean Goss

Post by 222gers » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:36 pm

Played in Rangers' win against Aberdeen tonight. That puts them into 2nd place. He couldn't get a kick for us.....are we a better team than Glasgow Rangers ?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss

Post by stainrod's elbow » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

More importantly, how did he do?

Was amazed they came in for him, though I wish him all the luck - which will only help both him and us.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 am

Played well if this is to be believed https://www.footballinsider247.com/rang ... -aberdeen/
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

stainrod's elbow
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainrod's elbow » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:08 am

So why can he (already) tear it up in the Scottish Prem (close to Champ standard) while Ollie never gave him a game? It's f***ing maddening.
"There's a blue light/in my best friend's room" -Mazzy Star

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 am

It's early days but I think the general standard of the Scottish Premiership is below the Championship. Goss will enjoy a little more time and space on the ball.

In other news, both Grego-Cox and Ngbakoto scored in games for their new clubs this week.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am

dm wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 am
It's early days but I think the general standard of the Scottish Premiership is below the Championship. Goss will enjoy a little more time and space on the ball.

In other news, both Grego-Cox and Ngbakoto scored in games for their new clubs this week.
Against PSG as well... albeit a penalty.

I expect Goss to do pretty well up there. One of the stronger teams in a very poor division.

Wouldn’t have put in him in over Scowen or Luongo though.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:55 am

SM wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 am
dm wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:15 am

Against PSG as well... albeit a penalty.

I expect Goss to do pretty well up there. One of the stronger teams in a very poor division.

Wouldn’t have put in him in over Scowen or Luongo though.
Agreed, it's hard to blame Holloway for this one. It's a poor division, proven by Clint Hill but hopefully, it will do Goss the world of good to get game time.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 am

It's difficult for us to guage how poor a division the Scottish Prem is apart from the almost comical defending we see when they show Celtic clips on the news. I wonder how our team would get on against them......perhaps even our “ strikers” would have a field day.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:18 am

This is not really so complicated, is it?
He was reported to be a great, but unproven, talent and was bought by QPR at (probably) a reasonable price for the potential on offer. But, we were not entirely sure what we were going to do with him when we got him home and even less sure when the nature and style of the team for 2017-2018 began to shape up. So, rather like a 'bargain' in the sales - we try to convince ourselves that the jacket fits well, when it doesn't and never will - we made the purchase in the hope that it would work out. It didn't.
I am inclined to believe that Goss is as talented as we were told. He knows he is and he didn't want to go to Yeovil on loan (would he have been playing against Man Utd tomorrow, if he had?) because he knows he can do better than that. So, going to Rangers makes a great deal of sense for him. It also makes sense for us, if only financially. If he succeeds up there, he will not want to come back to Loftus Road and we shall probably sell him and make a few bob on the overall transaction. I would have been happier if he had become a star at QPR, but, if he is just a traded commodity that makes us a profit during difficult times, then so be it.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:51 pm

222gers wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 am
It's difficult for us to guage how poor a division the Scottish Prem is apart from the almost comical defending we see when they show Celtic clips on the news. I wonder how our team would get on against them......perhaps even our “ strikers” would have a field day.
I'd hazard a guess that the top 4 teams in the SPL would comfortably beat QPR. The primary reason is the quality of management rather than the players (Celtic being the exception there).
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm

For those interested I believe Glasgow Rangers match is live on Sky tomorrow. I don't have Sky but would be interested in how Goss plays if anyone would care to report.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:52 am

“There are loads of teams with different styles,” he said. “It can be difficult for a player like me in the Championship because I like to get the ball down and pass it. But that’s why Rangers was the perfect fit for me – after hearing how the gaffer wants to play, it was a no-brainer. QPR definitely had to change the way they were playing in order to try and pick up some results."

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football ... -1-4674448
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 am

222gers wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:10 pm
For those interested I believe Glasgow Rangers match is live on Sky tomorrow. I don't have Sky but would be interested in how Goss plays if anyone would care to report.
I’ll gladly watch some of the game & report on him, hopefully he has a blinder & gives us something positive to talk about this wknd.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:12 pm

BBC football site saying he tested the Ross County 'keeper with a rasping drive. Blimey, when's the last time any of our lads hit a “rasping drive” ?

Over to LaLa for match report.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:35 pm

Apologies just finished refin my first ever game, men’s 11 aside, I’m still getting over the emotional torture.

Didn’t see Goss or Rangers.