Transfer Rumour Thread: Jan 2018

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread: Jan 2018

Post by dm » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 am

I see Furlong has said he'd be open to a loan in this window. I'd be disappointed if he had to go out to get games. He not only was great last Saturday but has always shown excellent promise and really should be playing for us more. In my opinion, he's just as good a right wing back as Wszolek.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:55 pm

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

dm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 am
I see Furlong has said he'd be open to a loan in this window. I'd be disappointed if he had to go out to get games. He not only was great last Saturday but has always shown excellent promise and really should be playing for us more. In my opinion, he's just as good a right wing back as Wszolek.
Agree totally with this. Furlong is more than good enough to be starting for us IMO.

On Wszolek... “Reports in Pawel Wszolek’s native Poland say Legia Warsaw are looking to sign the winger from QPR.”
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:40 am

SM wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am
dm wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:36 am
Agree totally with this. Furlong is more than good enough to be starting for us IMO.

On Wszolek... “Reports in Pawel Wszolek’s native Poland say Legia Warsaw are looking to sign the winger from QPR.”
I'd be sad to see Wszolek leave. When he's on song he's very good. However, a combination of a system that doesn't particularly suit his abilities and a lack of consistency this season has meant he's not 'singing' all that often. I'd still prefer him to stay though.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 am

I think the latter is related to the former and being dropped for no reason.

I'd much prefer him play further forward and Furlong as a proper fullback.

I'd be very surprised if LW could afford him or he had much interest in returning to the Polish league.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:01 am

Satch wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:10 am
I think the latter is related to the former and being dropped for no reason.

I'd much prefer him play further forward and Furlong as a proper fullback.

I'd be very surprised if LW could afford him or he had much interest in returning to the Polish league.
I suspect he'll do whatever it takes to play more often and get into the Poland World Cup squad. If that involves moving - either permanently or on loan - then so be it.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am

I remember how thrilled we all were a year ago when we signed Wszolek on a permanent deal but his form this season has been disappointing. Hopefully he can turn it around and Legia Warsaw can take Borysiuk.

I see Remy is available again. :D

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:53 am
I remember how thrilled we all were a year ago when we signed Wszolek on a permanent deal but his form this season has been disappointing. Hopefully he can turn it around and Legia Warsaw can take Borysiuk.

I see Remy is available again. :D
Apart from the three golden boys in midfield the whole team has been disappointing, Pav has been used as a wing back when in truth he’s an out & out winger.

Ollie persists with wingbacks when we don’t have any, He’s fast ruining Cousins & Pav by playing them out of position.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:55 pm

Give young Furlong a run at RB. We have plenty of wingers who can do Pav's job. A good offer for him might be best for him and us.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Think we have the personnel to be flexible between say a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.

Bidwell is not the ideal wing back but would slot in a left back in a back four- Furlong at right back and the midfield three with say Bright Osayi-Samuel one side of the striker and Pawel or Wheeler on the other side.

Think Furlong is the best bet at right wing back if we go 3-5-2.

Surely that would give us a Plan A and B or am I missing a trick here?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:05 pm
Think we have the personnel to be flexible between say a 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.

Bidwell is not the ideal wing back but would slot in a left back in a back four- Furlong at right back and the midfield three with say Bright Osayi-Samuel one side of the striker and Pawel or Wheeler on the other side.

Think Furlong is the best bet at right wing back if we go 3-5-2.

Surely that would give us a Plan A and B or am I missing a trick here?
If we ever play a back 4 my preference at LB would be Robinson.

I'd also like to see what Smyth and Samuel either side of a striker would look like.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 am

I agree that as good as Robinson has been at CB, it would be a better use of personnel to play him at left-back. With Furlong at right-back, you'd then have two players able to overlap with more advanced wingers. Imo that would stretch play and cause a lot of problems for teams at this level, as well as providing opportunities for our central midfield trio to get into goal scoring positions, rather than being reliant on them to create most of our chances and to break down a tightly packed defence through the middle.

I'd have Wszolek on the right initially with Smyth, Samuel and Oteh in competition for the other berth. With a view to bringing additional pace off the bench against tired legs.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am

Satch wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 am
I agree that as good as Robinson has been at CB, it would be a better use of personnel to play him at left-back. With Furlong at right-back, you'd then have two players able to overlap with more advanced wingers. Imo that would stretch play and cause a lot of problems for teams at this level, as well as providing opportunities for our central midfield trio to get into goal scoring positions, rather than being reliant on them to create most of our chances and to break down a tightly packed defence through the middle.

I'd have Wszolek on the right initially with Smyth, Samuel and Oteh in competition for the other berth. With a view to bringing additional pace off the bench against tired legs.
We have the personnel. The current tactic of using wing backs isn’t working - as evidenced by the low number of clean sheets we are keeping and the lack of goals scored. So, why is our experienced coach sitting on his hands and doing nothing? This is as clear as day, yet, expect same old same old this afternoon.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:29 am
Satch wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 am

We have the personnel. The current tactic of using wing backs isn’t working - as evidenced by the low number of clean sheets we are keeping and the lack of goals scored. So, why is our experienced coach sitting on his hands and doing nothing? This is as clear as day, yet, expect same old same old this afternoon.
Didn't you think the tactics against Burton were a bit different - at least in the second half?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:04 pm

Dave Mc's suggesting we're unlikely to sign anyone with the threat of relegation further away
@davidmcintyre76 are the club looking to sign anyone at all? Or are clearing the deadwood and maybe sign a deadline day loan deal as a crowd pleaser?

7:33 AM - 23 Jan 2018
David McIntyre
‏@davidmcintyre76
Jan 23
Less so since the win at Burton. Decent gap, every reason to carry on with what they've got before doing serious business in the summer. Selling Sylla would definitely have changed things but so far only real interest in him is on loan, which doesn't suit anyone.
LINK