Three managerial suggestions

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Post Reply
User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12536
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Three managerial suggestions

Post by dm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 am

Many on here feel Ollie should be replaced. Who might that be? And the challenges of zero available transfer funds, a £40m FFP fine hanging over the club and a squad that currently has worrying deficiencies are real considerations. Here are three suggestions:

Chris Powell. Out of work for past two years so would probably jump at the chance. Did a decent job at Charlton.

Simon Grayson. Out of work following his sacking at Sunderland. Your standard Championship manager who in the past did well at Leeds and PNE.

Paul Hurst. Current Shrewsbury manager. An up and coming name doing very well in Division 1. Seemed to be interested in the Sunderland job. Will be watched by other clubs.

There are others - any thoughts?

I should say I am not one who thinks we should sack Ollie at this point, even with his baffling tactical decisions.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 am

Powell sacked by Charlton when bottom of the league, i remember them having a League1 type squad in the championship and he struggled.

Grayson dull as dishwater, coudnt inspire or motivate an under 8's side.

Shrewsbury gaffer your joking right, the way things are going they will be swapping divisions with us, taking the Qpr job could well mean him dropping down a division.

Nope sorry DM I'll take Ollie over those three.

The cold hard truth of the matter is.. being the Qpr manager is not for a young up & coming coach it will ruin them, no money & a bottom 8 squad it will last 5mins with a young inexperienced gaffer. It will take a Warnock type character to come in under the current circumstances.

There is only one Warnock & he's looking like being premier league next season with basicly the same squad as us plus a Canadian reject.

For me there is nobody really out there that I can think of that can wave a magic wand.

User avatar
Son of Robin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2999
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Deepest, Darkest Bedfordshire
Contact:

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by Son of Robin » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:04 am

Some sense at last.

Not sure Pep could do better if you took 5 of his defenders away and told him his star central defender would be the left back who'd been injured for 2 years.

It's not like the past where there weren't any transfer windows. We either have to tough it out or just keep changing it every season like Sunderland like to do.

Up to you?
Saint Jude, Hope of the Hopeless, Pray for me

http://kieranrobinson.com/tag/qpr/

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by n22hoop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 am

Part of the problem with this 'but who' conversation is that folks on here only seem to be talking about (and dismissing) the usual established names. Grayson etc.

There has to be a host of potential managers from the lower leagues & outside of the UK too that our club should be able to reach out to.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town seems to be doing a very decent job. Etc.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 am
Part of the problem with this 'but who' conversation is that folks on here only seem to be talking about (and dismissing) the usual established names. Grayson etc.

There has to be a host of potential managers from the lower leagues & outside of the UK too that our club should be able to reach out to.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town seems to be doing a very decent job. Etc.
Haven't you learnt from the high flying JFH the Burton genius that lasted less than a year at Qpr & is now heading the same way in League1.

Quickest way to ruin a young manager with potential, Give him the Qpr job.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3265
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by old pauline » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:14 am

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 am
Part of the problem with this 'but who' conversation is that folks on here only seem to be talking about (and dismissing) the usual established names. Grayson etc.

There has to be a host of potential managers from the lower leagues & outside of the UK too that our club should be able to reach out to.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town seems to be doing a very decent job. Etc.
The standard is much higher in the Championship. Wolves, Villa, Leeds, Boro, Derby, Cardiff, both Sheffs, Fulham. The list of clubs bigger than us goes on. And Sunderland and Birmingham haven't even got going yet.

Ollie still easily the best man available for the job.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4109
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by Giorgio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:22 am

..I have no idea. I only see that whoever came in the last few seasons failed to deliver what the fans were expecting....
Surely it is a hard task....

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 3231
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Agree with need not to kick Holloway out right now.

The problem lies mostly with these 3:

Matt Smith: Saw him try to control a bouncing ball with his feet yesterday - comical!
Idrissa Sylla: Very very lazy, not technically gifted, usually has not impact.
Conor Washington: Cow's arse and banjo come to mind... need I say more.

If you can't score goals you're going down.
Staff Benda Bilili

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by T-Block » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:42 pm

Agree with Andy.

Problem is not the Manager .Problem is the forward line.

Ollie has managed quite well since he has come-back.

T-Block
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1204
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by T-Block » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:43 pm

Nice to see that twat LaLa being positive again.Just slagging no suggestions.

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:52 pm

T-Block wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:43 pm
Nice to see that twat LaLa being positive again.Just slagging no suggestions.
Slagging? Just a constructive response to a question!

Anyway how's your Gerry Francis campaign going, got any backers yet :roll:

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9448
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 pm

"Constructive" ? You wrote off Grayson in 12 words.

He's done a good job wherever he's been, with the exception of Sunderland, who are a basketcase of a club.

As things stand, we'd be lucky to get him.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:33 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:28 pm
"Constructive" ? You wrote off Grayson in 12 words.

He's done a good job wherever he's been, with the exception of Sunderland, who are a basketcase of a club.

As things stand, we'd be lucky to get him.
You can count then.

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: bounds green

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by n22hoop » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 am
Part of the problem with this 'but who' conversation is that folks on here only seem to be talking about (and dismissing) the usual established names. Grayson etc.

There has to be a host of potential managers from the lower leagues & outside of the UK too that our club should be able to reach out to.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town seems to be doing a very decent job. Etc.
Haven't you learnt from the high flying JFH the Burton genius that lasted less than a year at Qpr & is now heading the same way in League1.

Quickest way to ruin a young manager with potential, Give him the Qpr job.
So on that basis you wouldn't give the job to any younger / youngish manager from the lower leagues? They're all the same right?

Luton are scoring for fun. He must know something about strikers.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6607
Joined: Thu May 20, 2010 7:07 pm

Re: Three managerial suggestions

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:42 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:53 am
n22hoop wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:32 am
Part of the problem with this 'but who' conversation is that folks on here only seem to be talking about (and dismissing) the usual established names. Grayson etc.

There has to be a host of potential managers from the lower leagues & outside of the UK too that our club should be able to reach out to.

Nathan Jones at Luton Town seems to be doing a very decent job. Etc.
Haven't you learnt from the high flying JFH the Burton genius that lasted less than a year at Qpr & is now heading the same way in League1.

Quickest way to ruin a young manager with potential, Give him the Qpr job.
So on that basis you wouldn't give the job to any younger / youngish manager from the lower leagues? They're all the same right?

Luton are scoring for fun. He must know something about strikers.
But he wouldn't be bringing Luton with him, he would be taking over a side two divisions above that are totally shot to pieces devoid of a game plan a goalscorer & spiraling down the table, he'll probably be operating in the same division as us next season anyway.

I agree there are many decent managers out there in the Lower leagues but imo Qpr is not a job for a rookie, your on a hiding to nothing taking over at Qpr, the job will eat someone inexperienced alive.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FinRanger and 10 guests