Centre backs v Leeds

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Rod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Centre backs v Leeds

Post by Rod » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Assuming no one returning from injury realistically what options do we have as a partner for Robinson?
Am not aware of any youngsters who can step up?
Scarily I see Cousins as the only possibility as I think he played a couple of games there for Charlton

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Centre backs v Leeds

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Robinson and Caulker.

Rod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Rod » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:35 pm

I assumed he was on the "not fit" category,but for different reasons,but needs must I suppose and you are probably right

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 pm

I thought Caulker had got all huffy about being a sub and is training with the under 23s

carrotstick
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Matt Smith

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:00 pm

Surely there must be a half decent centre back in the under 23s. Can anyone who has seen them play comment?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:32 pm
I thought Caulker had got all huffy about being a sub and is training with the under 23s
I hadn't heard that, would be ridiculous from either side if that's the case.

I can't imagine Cousin's playing centreback at all, even with Holloway's keenness to include him, he's not a defensive player and he's not very tall.

If no one from the youth team can step up then i can only really see Bidwell there and either Manning at LB or Scowen there and Manning in midfield or possibly Goss, but it seems unlikely.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Lumley & Smithies.

Stick Smith or JET in goal.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:20 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:55 pm
Matt Smith
The thought of those little rats alioski & Saiz running at Smith that has put a smile on my face.

Mind you smith in the air at the back would be great, just a shame about the running part.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Rod wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:35 pm
I assumed he was on the "not fit" category,but for different reasons,but needs must I suppose and you are probably right
Caulker played in the league cup since his issues. If he doesnt play on Sat then surely he will leave in Jan or just sit it out till the summer. Surely he must be ok to play by now, its not as if hes been sectioned. Get him out there and perhaps it will do him some good?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 pm

If it's one of the U23s it'll be Giles Phillips or Chris Paul. Hamalainen can play CB too though he's left footed.

I don't know where Lynch or Furlang are in their recoveries from injury but I suppose one of then might be fit to play.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 am

dm wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 pm
If it's one of the U23s it'll be Giles Phillips or Chris Paul. Hamalainen can play CB too though he's left footed.

I don't know where Lynch or Furlang are in their recoveries from injury but I suppose one of then might be fit to play.
Goss has also played there and at LB. Hämäläinen is injured i believe, but if not, it would probably make the most sense for him to drop in at LB and Bidwell take the CB slot or just stick a winger there. As far as we are concerned wingers are the new fullbacks and fullbacks the new centre-halves.

How about Borysiuk in midfield and Scowen at CB?

Obviously, Baptiste isn't injured but the club need to be looking into this, can it be a coincidence that we've so many injuries?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:28 am

Satch wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:16 am
dm wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Goss has also played there and at LB. Hämäläinen is injured i believe, but if not, it would probably make the most sense for him to drop in at LB and Bidwell take the CB slot or just stick a winger there. As far as we are concerned wingers are the new fullbacks and fullbacks the new centre-halves.

How about Borysiuk in midfield and Scowen at CB?

Obviously, Baptiste isn't injured but the club need to be looking into this, can it be a coincidence that we've so many injuries?
Totally agree fullbacks are glorified wingers they spend most of there time in the opposing half anyway.

Goss I'm surprised actually because I would say looks wise and build that he's got fullback written all over him yet Ollie still hasn't given him a kick this season & played Cousins there who was clearly out of his depths.

For me

Bidwell & Robinson should be CB, they'll understand each other's accent if nothing else, I'd have Petrasso all day long as a RB & then take your pick at LB, Goss Pawel Wheeler Manning basicly the one you trust to be the most disciplined, for me it would be Manning.

Goss i would imagine is that frustrated at not getting a kick that he would play anywhere to prove to Ollie what he's about, he looked ineffective in midfield away to Brentford last season and was hauled off at HT but full back you never know he needs to be given a chance atleast in the side, major question mark for me why he hasn't played and yet the likes of Chair have.

In all honesty I can see furlong or Caulker make an appearance I'm sure one of the crocks will magically appear and play.

And with the speed in which Leeds counter attack we're gonna need legs at the back, everything is to feet & in behind the defence with Leeds they ooze pace, nothing will be played in the air apart from set pieces, general play they just run at you and exploit space.

beaglebum
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm

According to the offish, Onouha may be in contention https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ollie-on-injuries/

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:43 pm
According to the offish, Onouha may be in contention https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ollie-on-injuries/
I kinda hope he doesn't make it for this one. He'll be rusty against a good, fast side, won't have anyone really reliable next to him, and will likely get caught out at some point and then the usual suspects will be on saying how poor he is, overrated, just picking up his wages blah, blah, blah
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question