LGBT initiative by the club

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: LGBT initiative by the club

Post by the big IP » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 am

Myself personally I totally accept all QPR fans gay, straight, black and white. plus all the other categories, just can be bothered to write them all out.

I'm sure if you ask most fans they will say the same.

I wonder if QPR actually asked anyone from the LGBT community to see if the actually wanted to be put into a different category and not just be labelled as just a fan like everybody else.

Or just wanted to be seen as being PC and current.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 am

the big IP wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 am
Myself personally I totally accept all QPR fans gay, straight, black and white. plus all the other categories, just can be bothered to write them all out.

I wonder if QPR actually asked anyone from the LGBT community to see if the actually wanted to be put into a different category and not just be labelled as just a fan like everybody else.

Did you read the article?

the big IP
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:49 am

Must admit I didn't,just saw some stuff on Facebook, it was all going off on there

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:06 am

Seems to be in consultation with members of the LGBT community, who were presented to the crowd at the match, so it's at least representative of the views and needs of some members, i'm sure others will feel it isn't for them. Either way, it sounds like there was a need for this and the club have done well.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 am

the big IP wrote:

I'm with you but it's progressive innit? Not pigeon holing at all. Yawn. :roll:
Question everything.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:10 am
the big IP wrote:

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 am

the big IP wrote:

I'm sure they would. Then when we play Brighton, you'll see a different side to some. Imagine how you'd feel as a LGBT QPR fan hearing that.

Just "bants" though, eh ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 am

Satch wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 am
WA Hoop wrote:
the big IP wrote:

Is there an echo around here? Yes I did...boring. The club haven't even included the newly "fashionable" LGBTQI extension, how remiss of them. Personally, I've always wondered who exactly enjoys being labelled part of an all encompassing "community" based simply upon nothing other than their sexual orientation(s)? Like the Big IP stated I accept all QPR fans irrespective of race, religion or sexual orientation, I just don't feel the need to categorise them. As long as we are united in our petty prejudices regarding opposing teams & their players all is good in the World! :wink:
Question everything.

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Doesn't it breach the rules of Wallamaloo University?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 am
Satch wrote:
WA Hoop wrote:

Is there an echo around here? Yes I did...boring. The club haven't even included the newly "fashionable" LGBTQI extension, how remiss of them. Personally, I've always wondered who exactly enjoys being labelled part of an all encompassing "community" based simply upon nothing other than their sexual orientation(s)? Like the Big IP stated I accept all QPR fans irrespective of race, religion or sexual orientation, I just don't feel the need to categorise them. As long as we are united in our petty prejudices regarding opposing teams & their players all is good in the World! :wink:
Yep an echo, given it's in consultation with LGBT fans it suggests that rather than pigeonholing it's warranted. In an ideal world i'm sure there would no need for such a group, but we're not in one.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Satch wrote:
WA Hoop wrote:

Identity politics is a bit more complicated than you're suggesting and is a response that reminds me of the phrase "I don't see colour"

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Questioning and Intersex?

Is question people who don't now? Intersex, is that incest or something? Can sheepshaggers join this group?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm
Questioning and Intersex?

Is question people who don't now? Intersex, is that incest or something? Can sheepshaggers join this group?
I believe so...on all counts! F**k me this is ridiculously and unnecessarily complicated! :roll:
Question everything.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:43 pm

It may seem strange to those of us who are born with certainty about our sexuality and with a male or female set of genitalia. However, there are more who don't possess such 'norms' than we'd imagine. They don't neatly fit into our usual categories and consequently their lives are often very difficult.

I dare say there may be some who frequent this MB who would identify as Questioning or Intersex. But whoever and wherever they are they deserve the same dignity and respect as anyone else.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:47 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pm
WA Hoop wrote:
Satch wrote:

Identity politics is a bit more complicated than you're suggesting and is a response that reminds me of the phrase "I don't see colour"
With all due respect you should be careful where you tread. You've made a big assumption already.
Question everything.