Prediction update

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Prediction update

Post by IJM » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Based on the 7 games played to date against equivalent opposition from last season, my latest prediction, which hasn't changed a great deal from my last update, now reads :

P46 W15 D9 L22 F52 A61 Pts 54 - position 17th.

With the better performances now being witnessed, I hope we will see an improvement in these stats as the season progresses, but I can only base it on who we have played to date.

I'm really pleased that I have semi-retired and have all this spare time on my hands to use wisely !!

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Prediction update

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:57 pm

You should get out more IJM :wink:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Pointless post .

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:13 pm

sohamranger wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:04 pm
Pointless post .
Looks like 54points to me.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:23 pm

Avg points per game last season: 1.15
Avg points per game (so far) this season: 1.57 (+37% per game better than last season)

Avg points per game to win the division last season (Newcastle): 2.04
Avg points per game to finish 6th in the division last season (Fulham): 1.73

An avg of 1.57 points per game last season and we would have finished 8th (in between Leeds & Norwich).

Current standing 10th.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:31 pm

IJM wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 pm
Based on the 7 games played to date against equivalent opposition from last season, my latest prediction, which hasn't changed a great deal from my last update, now reads :

With the better performances now being witnessed, I hope we will see an improvement in these stats as the season progresses, but I can only base it on who we have played to date.

I'm really pleased that I have semi-retired and have all this spare time on my hands to use wisely !!
Use the time to learn python and you could do a proper prediction!

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:31 pm
IJM wrote:

Or something completely different.

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 pm

I'm doing this for a bit of harmless fun, but the truth of the matter is we are ONLY ONE POINT ahead of where we were last season against the same opposition.

There have been countless times over recent seasons when we have allowed ourselves to get carried away by a string of results only for the season to come crashing down again.

I admit that recent performances look encouraging but I also remember with dread our 2x6 match losing sequences last season, so until I witness real progress this season as regards points on the board, I will keep on with my 'usual' prediction update but will keep the information for my own interest you miserable buggers !!!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm

IJM wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 pm
I'm doing this for a bit of harmless fun, but the truth of the matter is we are ONLY ONE POINT ahead of where we were last season against the same opposition.

There have been countless times over recent seasons when we have allowed ourselves to get carried away by a string of results only for the season to come crashing down again.

I admit that recent performances look encouraging but I also remember with dread our 2x6 match losing sequences last season, so until I witness real progress this season as regards points on the board, I will keep on with my 'usual' prediction update but will keep the information for my own interest you miserable buggers !!!
I'm not being miserable about it. i like the idea.

I just think the methodology appears flawed. Correct me if i've missed it, but are you accounting for the quality of the teams played or the average points per game of other teams?

How is our goal F/A per game looking SoS?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 am

IJM wrote:

No IJM keep it coming mate, ignore them.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:56 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:58 am
IJM wrote:

No IJM keep it coming mate, ignore them.
It'll only make us more miserable...

IJM
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:20 am

Satch wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm
IJM wrote:

I just think the methodology appears flawed. Correct me if i've missed it, but are you accounting for the quality of the teams played or the average points per game of other teams?

I'm ignoring the quality of other teams totally and am just concentrating on our results.

I don't understand your last sentence re: SoS ?

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LanCat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 am

dm wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 pm
Satch wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:31 pm
IJM wrote:

Or something completely different.
aniclap

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:11 am

IJM wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:20 am
Satch wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm
IJM wrote:

I'm ignoring the quality of other teams totally and am just concentrating on our results.

I don't understand your last sentence re: SoS ?
Goals for and against season on season.

Surely having played the top teams vs the weakest would make a big impact?