Stoke and Brighton watching Onuoha

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Stoke and Brighton watching Onuoha

Post by 222gers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm
I like Chief, i suspect he is considered to be error prone due to the sheer amount he has to be involved. It would be a shame to see him go but i wouldn't blame him if he wanted another shot in the PL. I can't see it being a huge offer given he's only got a year left, it's going to leave us pretty shor if he goes.
I think that's it. He doesn't have the luxury of playing alongside quality CBs so has to be a player and a half. My memory is shot....but it seems he wasn't so error prone with Hall consistently beside him. Although he still had manky full backs to worry about.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:50 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:15 pm

hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical hysterical
Makes you wonder how any Man Ure fans knew about his abilities, let alone his coaches.
What ability, youth football at Utd never got a single kick in the first team, hardly had a kick at Qpr since signing.

I'm waiting for this highly rated highly talented footballer to burst onto the scene but it's not happened..

22yrs old in October & started three professional football matches in his career.

But it's ok folkes coz he's highly rated just like Will Keane & Macheda were :shock:
You were claiming he had never kicked a ball. QPR fans at the Stan Bowles game were mostly impressed by his ball kicking skills and posited an idea that he would make a decent CB. People who have actually seen him play.
So why didn't he get a game last night then or even make the bench.

I hope he turns out to be a world beater & I eat humble pie, but if he's that highly rated why is he struggling to get near the first team.

Oh and I've actually seen him play @ Brentford he was subbed at HT after being given the run around by the bees midfield.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm

222gers wrote:
Satch wrote:
I like Chief, i suspect he is considered to be error prone due to the sheer amount he has to be involved. It would be a shame to see him go but i wouldn't blame him if he wanted another shot in the PL. I can't see it being a huge offer given he's only got a year left, it's going to leave us pretty shor if he goes.
I think that's it. He doesn't have the luxury of playing alongside quality CBs so has to be a player and a half. My memory is shot....but it seems he wasn't so error prone with Hall consistently beside him. Although he still had manky full backs to worry about.
His moments of madness have nothing to do with who plays in the back four with him, sat & last night it was just him comfortably in control of the situation he wasn't left in the shit by a team mate just a general piece of defending & distribution yet somehow he seems to play the best through ball an opposition striker could dream of.

Don't make excuses for him because of what back four he plays with, if his team mates were that bad then he'd look great right..?

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm
222gers wrote:
Satch wrote:
His moments of madness have nothing to do with who plays in the back four with him, sat & last night it was just him comfortably in control of the situation he wasn't left in the shit by a team mate just a general piece of defending & distribution yet somehow he seems to play the best through ball an opposition striker could dream of.

Don't make excuses for him because of what back four he plays with, if his team mates were that bad then he'd look great right..?
You mean he would be like a rose among thorns ?

"As heroes proudly stand
Like a rose that grows
In spite of it all
A simple rose among thorns"

Sorry, I've been at the Scottish lubricant.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 pm

222gers wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:41 pm
222gers wrote:

You mean he would be like a rose among thorns ?

"As heroes proudly stand
Like a rose that grows
In spite of it all
A simple rose among thorns"

Sorry, I've been at the Scottish lubricant.
lovely real nice piece that, I'll sing that when he royaly f*ck's up on Saturday :wink:

deadendjob
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 am

222gers wrote:
Satch wrote:
See, I think he has become more error prone with 'worse' defenders. He played well next to Dunne and Nelsen.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 am

deadendjob wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 am
222gers wrote:
Satch wrote:
See, I think he has become more error prone with 'worse' defenders. He played well next to Dunne and Nelsen.
Both good CB that knew where to be and when to go row Z

KildarePete
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by KildarePete » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Nick_Hammersmith wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:07 am
deadendjob wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:37 am
222gers wrote:

Both good CB that knew where to be and when to go row Z
Dunne was a great CB but also is the current record holder of the most EPL career own goals - 10.

http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_go ... gentore/1/

I think he scored 2 or 3 OGs while with us.

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:16 pm

dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 am
He's in the last year of his contract. If these two clubs really are interested and make a bid of several million I don't think the club would be able to turn it down.
If they are interested in Onuoha, I'll drive him to the negotiations so we can get some dosh for him!
Staff Benda Bilili

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:16 pm
dm wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:26 am
He's in the last year of his contract. If these two clubs really are interested and make a bid of several million I don't think the club would be able to turn it down.
If they are interested in Onuoha, I'll drive him to the negotiations so we can get some dosh for him!
Let's hope the scouts missed today's calamity

Systemsguy
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Doubt the mejah team can edit out this mistake from the extended highlights like last Saturday's game....

3rd time unlucky.....
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 pm

His minimum one feck up a game was bound to cost a goal sooner rather than later.....
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:40 pm

It wouldn't have been as costly if Lua Lua didn't miss a gift; just as bad surely? or is just make sure we can slag off Chief? I bet the error wasn't his sole contribution to the game.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Nick_Hammersmith
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Nick_Hammersmith » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:40 pm
It wouldn't have been as costly if Lua Lua didn't miss a gift; just as bad surely? or is just make sure we can slag off Chief? I bet the error wasn't his sole contribution to the game.
Please Esox! You would argue the grass is blue
Can you just admit that Ned is making at least one important mistake per game?

stainesranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Players miss chances. Very few defenders present the opposition with a goal scoring opportunity through a poor mistake on a once a game basis. He often looks like he just escapes making more than one mistake. For a footballer he's incredibly uncomfortable on the ball (although I've definitely noticed periods for us when that aspect of his game has improved- not currently obviously. Perhaps it's a confidence thing.

We simply won't do very well if we invite pressure on ourselves/concede from these kind of mistakes all season.

I'm not saying he's totally rubbish, but it seems to me to be a bit unsustainable.

The big problem is that he's a pro footballer and it's his ability with the ball at his feet that is the problem, so it looks very obvious. That's not to say he doesn't have other attributes, but his passing and control is pretty poor. It's not just the mistakes, it's our ability to hold the ball more generally. I hold my breath every time he's on it and apparently dithering/not getting it under control.