Kensington & Chelsea council

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Kensington & Chelsea council

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Some astounding stories about these people, some too bizarre to be true ? The initial response was to give £10 ( yes, a tenner ), to those displaced by the fire. Also, because the council came in under budget last year they gave a £100 rebate on council tax, but only to the higher rate payers, the sort of people who wouldn't bother to bend over and pick up a hundred quid if they found it in the street.
The council elections take place next spring, I doubt that many of the present incumbents will be up for election.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Kensington & Chelsea council

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:30 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm
Some astounding stories about these people, some too bizarre to be true ? The initial response was to give £10 ( yes, a tenner ), to those displaced by the fire. Also, because the council came in under budget last year they gave a £100 rebate on council tax, but only to the higher rate payers, the sort of people who wouldn't bother to bend over and pick up a hundred quid if they found it in the street.
The council elections take place next spring, I doubt that many of the present incumbents will be up for election.
K&C council have a projected reserve of £209 million for 2016/17. They have given the survivors £10, the government have,(belatedly )given £5000.00 each.
Is it right the taxpayer should be bailing out K&C Council ?
"Strong and stable my arse". (L'pool grafitti)

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:32 pm

The government should place K&C council into "special measures" as they do with schools that are incompetently run. That said the government itself is incompetantly run so I don't know what will happen. Perhaps Hammersmith should take over as it is with the emergency measures.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Are they incompetently run? Until this incident i'd imagine many saw them as the prototype of the perfect Council, running at a surplus. They're a bunch of malevolent fool-born ratsbanes. But that isn't the same as incompetence.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:07 am

Satch wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 pm
Are they incompetently run? Until this incident i'd imagine many saw them as the prototype of the perfect Council, running at a surplus. They're a bunch of malevolent fool-born ratsbanes. But that isn't the same as incompetence.
Or criminals if the investigation highlights they knew the cladding wasnt suitable for a block that height. I thought thr council is now being run by civil servants so those in power have been stood down?

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Whilst there have clearly been a number of serious pribbling idle-headed giglet ups, for which people need to be accountable, i dearly hope nothing as explicitly intentional is found to have occurred.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:18 pm
Whilst there have clearly been a number of serious pribbling idle-headed giglet ups, for which people need to be accountable, i dearly hope nothing as explicitly intentional is found to have occurred.
Like using cladding designed for use to 100ft only on the entire block?

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:44 pm

a
222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm
That borough's been a scandal for decades, the southern end of the place is millionaires row.
Before 1990 the north end above Holland Park Ave was a nasty slum, now they're trying to push
out the rest of the working class. A watershed moment for the place I think.
Staff Benda Bilili

Andy_N19
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 pm
Apparently so, Ealing have stepped in in a limited fashion to help out and the improvement has been
noticed by locals I'm told.
Staff Benda Bilili