QPR Territory

Admin stuff, CHAT ROOM and other links, how to pay/donate, post images, downloads, etc etc.
Got a question? LOOK HERE FIRST
EssexSuperHoop

QPR Territory

Post by EssexSuperHoop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm now in Essex where there are very few Hoops and just wondered what parts of London (and the home counties) will you find large amounts of QPR fans.
I assume you will find Hoops around Shepherd's Bush and parts of Acton but do not regularly visit West London so am not entirely sure.
Where else is 'QPR territroy?'

Thanks in advance. :o

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Plenty throughout Kent.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

EssexSuperHoop

QPR territory

Post by EssexSuperHoop » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:54 pm

I'm sure there are a few in Kent, just like in Essex but we're scattered all over. wondering what areas have a large congregation and are known for Hoops fans.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: QPR territory

Post by DAVEf » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 am

EssexSuperHoop wrote:I'm sure there are a few in Kent, just like in Essex but we're scattered all over. wondering what areas have a large congregation and are known for Hoops fans.
Define "large".

Rangers fans in London might seem "scattered all over" if you took relative densities of population into consideration?

I know there are plenty in Kent because I've seen shirts being worn and cars with Rs stuff. And I've been told there are always some on the trains on matchdays. But there are a lot of trains. And different times, for different reasons, for arriving at LR? And even with cars, there are three or four (or more?) main ways into the Bush from Kent.

There are a handful of organised groups elsewhere (but Kent being so close to London allows people to do their individual things).

And even on messageboards people often tend to not want to reveal too much about themselves.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

EssexSuperHoop

QPR Territory

Post by EssexSuperHoop » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:59 am

Soory if I didn't make myself clear. I meant areas where QPR would be the third/second or most supported team. In Essex I can't think of any to be honest but I'm sure there must be some in London??

Attarturk
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Attarturk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:12 pm

Three in Leek Staffs.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: QPR Territory

Post by DAVEf » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:57 pm

EssexSuperHoop wrote:Soory if I didn't make myself clear. I meant areas where QPR would be the third/second or most supported team. In Essex I can't think of any to be honest but I'm sure there must be some in London??
Define "supported". An awful lot of London kids "support" a team but have never seen that team play?

I'd say anywhere west (and maybe a bit north and north-west) of the Bush would have plenty of Rs fans (but if you did a straw poll it wouldn't surprise me if chels, manu and Arsenal/Liverpool topped it).

Thanet has a majority of fans who claim to support Spurs but very few have ever seen them play live and that goes back 20/30 years to when Margate drew Spurs in the FA cup and increased ticket prices considerably. Probably for the future good of the club but the fans felt slighted and a great many switched their (passive) allegiance to Spurs in protest.

Steiner
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Steiner » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:16 pm

There's more than one R in Harrow...