RIP Fawny

Admin stuff, CHAT ROOM and other links, how to pay/donate, post images, downloads, etc etc.
Got a question? LOOK HERE FIRST
The Sasn
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by The Sasn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:49 am

Sad to hear this terrible news - I unexpectedly received a couple of friendly messages from Fawny that he was kind enough to go out of his way and send to me about whisky and ales when he discovered we shared a similar interest. Seemed like the kind of bloke he was to go out of his way to be nice.
Rest peacefully Fawny.

dave B
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by dave B » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 pm

such sad news, heard about this yesterday, like many i don't think I met the guy but always enjoyed his views on here, i think he used to write in akutrs many moons ago as well.

A top man RIP

L E Super Hoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by L E Super Hoop » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Very sad to hear, lovely bloke.

R.I.P Fawny :cry:

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 pm

The Sasn wrote:Sad to hear this terrible news - I unexpectedly received a couple of friendly messages from Fawny that he was kind enough to go out of his way and send to me about whisky and ales when he discovered we shared a similar interest. Seemed like the kind of bloke he was to go out of his way to be nice.
Rest peacefully Fawny.
Loved (and knew) good food and drink did Fawny. Quite possibly that's what did for him but I reckon he'd have known all about that and still happily stuck with his choices. Hopefully St Peter was stood at the Pearly gates with a hand-raised Pork pie, some perfectly ripe Brie de Meaux and a glass of a top single Malt to welcome him in.

jan stejskal
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by jan stejskal » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:58 pm

R.I.P Fawny

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

DAVEf wrote:Loved (and knew) good food and drink did Fawny. Quite possibly that's what did for him but I reckon he'd have known all about that and still happily stuck with his choices. Hopefully St Peter was stood at the Pearly gates with a hand-raised Pork pie, some perfectly ripe Brie de Meaux and a glass of a top single Malt to welcome him in.
The last texts I exchanged with him were about pork pies. Our last email conversation was him doing some notes for the Devizes Beer festival programme. Some would say 'spooky', but no - he just liked the good things in life.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:16 pm

You know how we talk but don't meet and that.
Just been looking at the web for his shop. Amazing. Looks like I died and went to heaven.
Ah well.
QPR shit but local

Viva_Morrissey86 (qprlad)
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Viva_Morrissey86 (qprlad) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:49 pm

So very sad to hear about the passing of Fawny who was such a wonderful person.

He was very comforting when I was going through my Cancer battles and recovering from my serious car accident.. He was always in regular contact asking if all things were going well with my treatments.

He often invited me up to his deli but I never got a chance to go. (Which is something I will regret now)

RIP Fawny.

Benj
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Benj » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:02 pm

I visit the site every day, but don't often post.
Why do I visit? To read opinions, to be stimulated, to find out information, and to generally subsume myself in all things QPR.
I do that because of posters like Fawny. As others have said, he was an excellent poster, and sounds like he was a really well-liked, kind and popular bloke.
Rest in peace, mate.

SteveA
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SteveA » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Sad sad news ... RIP Fawny.

scottjones1978
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by scottjones1978 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am

Very rare that I post on here (indeed I forgot my username - cheers DG for sorting that)

Just wanted to add to the tributes that have already been posted, and emotional they certainly are.

Fawny was a tops tops man. I actually first met him (and Alibabes) via dot.org originally....a loooong time ago it now seems. Fawny never got involved in the messageboard "wars" of time gone by, never really took sides of the whole Pro/anti GP debate stuff. He just wanted to talk about QPR but then other things...food, wine, whisky, politics, whatever. Frequently used to meet him in Tommy Flynns after a game for a natter and I always wondered how he beat me to the pub! No matter how quickly I dashed out of HQ, sometimes even getting a cab, there would be Fawny & Ali sitting up on the right of the bar in Flynns ready for the post match analysis of what had happened that day.

The amount of advice he gave me about so so many things ill never forget. The chinwags about whisky were probably boring as hell to those around us but whatever.

One thing not massively mentioned is yes, he was a nice bloke....a really really nice bloke, yes he was an amazing conversationalist....interesting, Insightful etc But, bloody hell did he know his football.

All i can say he was genuinely one of lifes good guys. A fellow R? Yes. But a f'cking nice man? Even more so And even more importantly.

RIP Fawny - you'll be missed

ngb_qpr
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by ngb_qpr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:38 am

Haven't been on here for a while - absolutely stunned when I saw the news on LFW, and had to come straight over here to read these moving tributes

Like so many of us, I didn't know him personally, but certainly felt I did 'virtually'

Just before the start of the 2002-3 he brought tears to my eyes with a very moving post to his dad headed "Rangers til he died" (I'd just gone through a particularly traumatic family bereavement too so we exchanged emails). So tragic he's joining his dad just 10 short years later.

Fondanti Dave
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Fondanti Dave » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:46 pm

a sad day indeed whenever we lose part of the rangers family
RIP

alibabes
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by alibabes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:34 am

Fawnys funeral is this friday, nov 9th in northampton at 9.30am if any of you can come. Counties Crematorium, Towcester Road.

Another short service will be held at the ground for those of you wishing to pay respects,trying to sort out a date with the chaplain who is fab

I have sent my QPR scarf to the undertakers and it will be on Fawnys coffin

Come on u r'sssssssssssssssssssssssss

sharps lane r
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by sharps lane r » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 am

Thanks for the update Ali, and well done for your efforts in organising.

Hope there are plenty there to give Fawny a suitable send-off.