Grace Murphy Update / Operation will take place on 28th June

Admin stuff, CHAT ROOM and other links, how to pay/donate, post images, downloads, etc etc.
Got a question? LOOK HERE FIRST
ROOKEY 10
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Grace Murphy Update / Operation will take place on 28th June

Post by ROOKEY 10 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:11 pm

#QPR // Grace Murphy's SDR operation will be happening in America on the 28th June, I have passed on a huge good luck from us all here on dot.org to Grace's Mum and Dad. I will be keeping in touch with the Murphy's via Skype while they are in America as they want to keep everyone informed with updates, which I will pass on to you. The Murphy family send you all loads of love and a huge thank you for helping get little Grace to America for her life changing operation. Here is the link to Grace's website for anyone who may have missed this amazing story so far http://bit.ly/fiqYnv , good luck Grace, God bless and Come on U R's.

WE ARE QPR :D

Loan Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Loan Ranger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:48 am

with all the board room / ticket price crap going on at the moment, what happened last season with the Gracie fund and everything makes you proud to be QPR.

Good luck with the operation. Glad my little bit helped.
Didn't like the Premiership anyway.

Loan Ranger, Hi Ho Silver, Away!

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

Good luck to Grace - massive respect to all the Rs fans who did their bit to help. Never did hear if the Club came across...

ROOKEY 10
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by ROOKEY 10 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:46 am

Just received an e-mail from the Murphy's who are in the USA, Grace's opertation is tomorrow. They are all understandably nervous about tomorrow but the people in St Louis are taking good care of them all. The Murphy's have sent a link to an article about the St Louis Semi-proffesional soccer team hosting a day for Grace. The Day went really well and Grace's Mum will send some photo's as soon as she can.

So a collective, everything crossed for Grace tomorrow then. U R's aniclap

http://www.stltoday.com/suburban-journa ... fbef6.html

Alvarado
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Alvarado » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:53 pm

Great to hear Rookey, thanks for the update. I never quite get round to checking their own website so it's good to hear the progress!

ngb_qpr
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by ngb_qpr » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:11 am

Suggest we keep bumping this to the top through today, as mentioned keeps everything else in perspective

Dr Zoidberg
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Dr Zoidberg » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:43 am

Best wishes to the Murphys. Grace's op is scheduled for 9.00pm BST and our thoughts will be with you all.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:07 pm

Good luck Grace.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:18 pm

Here we go, everything is crossed.

Virginia_R

Post by Virginia_R » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Stickying the topic - fingers crossed all goes well.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 am

Grace is now in intensive care. She was in a lot of pain in recovery. They have since sorted out her pain medication and she is sleeping on and off. It's going to be a very long night for both of us. She is quite tearful and when she looks at you with her huge brown eyes your heart wants to break.

Dr Park came to see us straight after her surgery and is very pleased with how it all went. I did ask if a cuddle from him was inappropriate he just smiled, so I did it anyway.

The next couple of days are going to be very stressful so I may not be able to update you as much as I have been.

So very proud of our little "Lilly Lou".

God Bless everyone and thank you all so much for your messages today.

Lots of Love

C x

Claudette Murphy

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:42 am

Got all teary reading that - sounds like it went well for Grace - hope we'll see her on the pitch at LR before too long :)

ZENITH R

Grace ...

Post by ZENITH R » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:13 am

Any further news?

Is Grace still in Intensive Care?

I've been following her story, and it makes me so proud of my fellow Hoops fans, I really hope that when she's recovered and back home in England, that the club have her and her family along to a game as their guests.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 am

Not back in England until the end of this month. The fundraising only covered the cost of Grace's operation, there is continual physio and a trip back to America next year to check on Grace's progress.

Here are a few snippets of the latest news.

Grace was discharged from hospital yesterday, after a physio session in the morning. We were very apprehensive leaving the hospital as they have looked after us so very well. It is lovely to be back as a family once again. We have also changed room's in the hotel so we now have a balcony, which was lovely this evening as we had a brilliant view of the St Louis fire work display.

I am so very shocked at how weak Grace is and she is still very resentful about the SDR surgery. To her, she now can't walk and before she could. It's very hard to keep reassuring her and trying to explain why. She hasn't really regained her fighting spirit yet, but we are keeping positive and trying to get it back. When we came home this evening, she had a bath and we did some physio, including Ted as we do at home, so it turned into a competition. What is lovely is to have Ed here to help, we take it turns so it's just not Mum that is always the task master!

We now start our physio at the hospital everyday so am hoping that her strength will start to come back. Unfortunately, both of the kids don't seem to be enjoying American food, yes, I know, hard to believe. Especially Grace, so this isn't helping with her stamina. Ed on the other hand is loving it!

Feeling rather emotionally drained at the moment and a little stressed, but am positive with some good nights sleep away from the hospital we will all regain our strength and positive outlook.

Claudette Murphy

Loan Ranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Loan Ranger » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 am

Whilst it is tough now, you will look back at all this and see that it was the best thing you have done for Gracie.

As a proud supporter and donater, thanks for letting us be involved in your truly remarkable story.
Didn't like the Premiership anyway.

Loan Ranger, Hi Ho Silver, Away!