brexit

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

brouillax

brexit

Post by brouillax » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:13 am

I like the explanation of the guy in this video but I do not know what to think of it because I do not live any more in England and I would like to have your opinion on this brexit ..merci

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfRK9e7PwQk

jimjams
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: brexit

Post by jimjams » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Some of his points are good I suppose, but basically he works for a site that is pretty extreme in its right-wing opinions. It's very anti-Muslim for example. If it's the only thing you are watching, you won't have a very balanced understanding of what is happening.
In my opinion, the Remain people haven't made a case for overturning the vote, but they have every right to try (even if some of them are idiots). They might be whining, but I think Leave would whine just as much if they had lost. Perhaps more.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:53 pm

jimjams wrote:Some of his points are good I suppose, but basically he works for a site that is pretty extreme in its right-wing opinions. It's very anti-Muslim for example. If it's the only thing you are watching, you won't have a very balanced understanding of what is happening.
In my opinion, the Remain people haven't made a case for overturning the vote, but they have every right to try (even if some of them are idiots). They might be whining, but I think Leave would whine just as much if they had lost. Perhaps more.
There's no sane reason for a re-run. It'd either be the same result or a u-turn by enough previous leave voters (or an better turn-out by Remain voters) which would just cause more grief and economic uncertainty.

Out is out and everyone will have to live with it.

The news tonight reported on a survey they had that said 52% of those asked said they wanted the UK to retain access to the single market while 70+% (of the same group) said they wanted total control over our own borders. And there we have it --- ignorance in action.

It'll be an interesting couple of years (or couple of years and a few months) and then it will get even more interesting. But then where's the point in living a boring life? Although I might up-sticks and move to Europe (or a European protectorate) if it all gets too negatively interesting --- or the idea of becoming an exploited US slave state where only the rich count gets too impending.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

RNB

Post by RNB » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:25 pm

The leavers won - full stop - thats democracy in action.
the remoaners can go on about it as much as they want...UK are leaving - the only ridiculous statements being made at the moment, are that the UK can stay in the trade market deal with as many pro's as they had, had they stayed in the EU....cloud cuckoo land folks - sorry...

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 pm

well, I am still sorry to see UK leave EU, cos in my opinion a strong Europe would have been able to face better the other blocks,
US, China and Russia. I think that the points that led to the victory of the Leave could have been discussed and changed in Bruxelles,
considering that the EU was born many years ago and so many countries have joined since then the most of the rules should have been reconsidered entirely.

That said, decision taken, I guess that UK has more to lose than to gain leaving but only the future will tell us what is really happening.
For the moment I have got a good advantage in the £ falling from 0.72 to 0.89 to the €, allowing me to save plenty of money when
I pay the expenses for my two sons, both studying at University in UK....plus the Season Ticket at QPR...!!! :D :D