pathetic personal abuse drivel

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:10 am

The irony of those who were relentless in their criticism of Redknapp for two years (despite haranguing anyone who dared to complain during the Hughes era) and who crossed the line between criticism of the football being played and quite nasty personal vitriol giving out to people who are expressing unhappiness now is not lost on many I suspect. It has long been clear that some posters have no time for the views of people they don't agree with, aren't prepared to engage in reasoned debate and prefer to dismiss or abuse instead.

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:20 am

willo wrote:The irony of those who were relentless in their criticism of Redknapp for two years (despite haranguing anyone who dared to complain during the Hughes era) and who crossed the line between criticism of the football being played and quite nasty personal vitriol giving out to people who are expressing unhappiness now is not lost on many I suspect. It has long been clear that some posters have no time for the views of people they don't agree with, aren't prepared to engage in reasoned debate and prefer to dismiss or abuse instead.
nailonhead :like
Locum meum praecepta mea

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:29 am

willo wrote:The irony of those who were relentless in their criticism of Redknapp for two years (despite haranguing anyone who dared to complain during the Hughes era) and who crossed the line between criticism of the football being played and quite nasty personal vitriol giving out to people who are expressing unhappiness now is not lost on many I suspect. It has long been clear that some posters have no time for the views of people they don't agree with, aren't prepared to engage in reasoned debate and prefer to dismiss or abuse instead.
I'm sure you are used to it.
I get a bit pissed off with looking at match threads where the same 3 culprits never vary from pithy sarcasm and scathing remarks about the team. I strongly suspect that those same people rarely if ever go to watch the games so their value as "supporters" is greatly in question. If QPR is such a burden to them mentally then you have to ask why would anyone punish themselves in such a manner. Either that or, as Frodders suggested, they encompass the "misery begets misery" ethic a lot more than normal people.
In a debating style; Hughes didn't do well but has proved to be a capable manager, he may have needed a stronger hand at the helm than TF to rein in his scattergun approach and we may have been doing alright under him even now. There is enough anecdotal and re-searchable evidence available to reliably demonstrate that 'onest 'arry should never have been allowed anywhere near the club. Once again, a stronger hand than TF at the helm at the time and it may never have happened.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:06 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
I get a bit pissed off with looking at match threads where the same 3 culprits never vary from pithy sarcasm and scathing remarks about the team. I strongly suspect that those same people rarely if ever go to watch the games so their value as "supporters" is greatly in question. If QPR is such a burden to them mentally then you have to ask why would anyone punish themselves in such a manner. Either that or, as Frodders suggested, they encompass the "misery begets misery" ethic a lot more than normal people.
In a debating style; Hughes didn't do well but has proved to be a capable manager, he may have needed a stronger hand at the helm than TF to rein in his scattergun approach and we may have been doing alright under him even now. There is enough anecdotal and re-searchable evidence available to reliably demonstrate that 'onest 'arry should never have been allowed anywhere near the club. Once again, a stronger hand than TF at the helm at the time and it may never have happened.
I often ask myself that question... :twisted:
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:19 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:Mark, don't dignify Esox (Stalin) with an answer, by the way I will continue to criticize as it's relevant in our position.

I am positive about the future of the team but at the moment I have to point out the obvious flaws in the team - simples!
But you also wrote "On the pitch it's as p!ss poor as I have ever seen at the Bush - has been so for 4 years now!" which is, unless you've not been paying attention, complete nonsense. In the last 40 years we have have seen far far worse --- and in lower/easier divisions. And that kind of then reflects badly on any other points you make.

Obviously you came in at a time when we were "doing well" so were a glory-hunter of sorts and are also likely to be at an age now where, physically and mentally, you are noticing the effects of ageing (which can be depressing and lead to general negativity). Some might even suggest it's "modern times" that don't suit you?

I could suggest counselling? Or less alcohol?? Or one of those bright lights that helps with SAD???

All of which leaves you with the chance to tell me to mind my own business --- though if you're going to say I'm wrong, maybe we could let others comment on that.

of course you may just have evolved into the kind of person who enjoys moaning and whinging --- how do you feel about immigration, the NHS, modern music, current clothing fashion, young people etc? That might provide you with some clues. eangel
Why do you balk at the idea of criticism?
Criticism is fine. it's a great way to learn.

But haven't you said somewhere in this thread that what we post has absolutely no effect --- or somesuch?

So your criticism is completely pointless and can thus only be described as self-indulgent whining --- or even a form of trolling?
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Hughes has indeed proved himself to be capable but it was apparent that it wasn't working for him at QPR. In fact, it was clear it was working very badly indeed and that he signed players who had little or no interest in QPR which was evident in their performances. I agree that Redknapp had to go (and for many of the same reasons as Hughes did). However, I didn't like the nature of some of the criticism. I thought it went too far. I do agree that TF is culpable in both these situations.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:27 pm

There's a start then. :D
I don't even think that all Hughes' players were rotten apples, there was just too much other stuff going on in the dressing room with the other players that had been promoted and I believe they fell victims of that as much as anything. Bad times for the club.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:There's a start then. :D
I don't even think that all Hughes' players were rotten apples, there was just too much other stuff going on in the dressing room with the other players that had been promoted and I believe they fell victims of that as much as anything. Bad times for the club.
Definitely not all bad but he has said himself that he was not hands on enough with the players to deal with the schisms. His learning has unfortunately benefited Stoke rather than us.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:15 pm

willo wrote:
Definitely not all bad but he has said himself that he was not hands on enough with the players to deal with the schisms. His learning has unfortunately benefited Stoke rather than us.
Which, in retrospect is a shame but no use worrying about what if now. Go with what we have and get behind them.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
willo wrote:
Which, in retrospect is a shame but no use worrying about what if now. Go with what we have and get behind them.
Totally behind Ramsey. Let's hope for a great atmosphere and a great result tomorrow.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:45 pm

DAVEf wrote:
Andy_N19 wrote:
DAVEf wrote: But you also wrote "On the pitch it's as p!ss poor as I have ever seen at the Bush - has been so for 4 years now!" which is, unless you've not been paying attention, complete nonsense. In the last 40 years we have have seen far far worse --- and in lower/easier divisions. And that kind of then reflects badly on any other points you make.

Obviously you came in at a time when we were "doing well" so were a glory-hunter of sorts and are also likely to be at an age now where, physically and mentally, you are noticing the effects of ageing (which can be depressing and lead to general negativity). Some might even suggest it's "modern times" that don't suit you?

I could suggest counselling? Or less alcohol?? Or one of those bright lights that helps with SAD???

All of which leaves you with the chance to tell me to mind my own business --- though if you're going to say I'm wrong, maybe we could let others comment on that.

of course you may just have evolved into the kind of person who enjoys moaning and whinging --- how do you feel about immigration, the NHS, modern music, current clothing fashion, young people etc? That might provide you with some clues. eangel
Why do you balk at the idea of criticism?
Criticism is fine. it's a great way to learn.

But haven't you said somewhere in this thread that what we post has absolutely no effect --- or somesuch?

So your criticism is completely pointless and can thus only be described as self-indulgent whining --- or even a form of trolling?
I wouldn't write anything like that - I criticise as a way of learning, we've made the same mistakes too often at Loftus Road and only now is there a chink of light. The other Rangers had new owners today, that decision bourne out of much criticism from most of their supporter groups.

Having travelled extensively and having dealt with a couple of the worlds nasty dictatorships I certainly value the exercise in criticism.
Staff Benda Bilili

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Agreed, the abuse was nasty and I'll continue to criticise if I feel like it!
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Shame, I was hoping you'd gone. I expect you'll be all over the match thread tomorrow if we lose.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:59 am

do we all have to be positive again now then just because your 3 years of negativity are over?
next year, we'll be champions..

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:34 pm

Stan wrote:do we all have to be positive again now then just because your 3 years of negativity are over?
You don't have to invent reasons to be negative about a team that is showing a bit of spirit at last for a start off.