GeoEngineering

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

User avatar
GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

GeoEngineering

Post by GaryT » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 pm

Please feel free to point me in the direction of anything in this that can be proven false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3_ymVSqRg
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12267
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Post by dm » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:34 pm

I only watched a small part of the film and then wanted to know if they believe climate change is caused by intentional geo-engineering and not carbon emissions over the past 200 years. I quickly scanned the GeoengineeringWatch website for an answer but couldn't find one. Do you know what their position would be?

User avatar
GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

Post by GaryT » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:58 pm

Your question seems very specific and I'm not sure I can do it justice but from what I can gather...climate change is being caused by many factors and geo engineering is not helping. It's possible that the powers that be are trying to repair the damage done to the ozone layer but the consequences of these chemicals in the atmosphere and on the ground are having a disastrous effect on the ecosystem.

I know it's not the answer you were looking for but if you can find the time, see it through to the end as he throws up document after document of convincing argument.
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015

User avatar
GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

Post by GaryT » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 am

Silly me, why would The Powers That Be (Corporations) do anything for the benefit of mankind? edoh As we know, the only objective for corporations is to make money, lots of money, as much money as is humanly possible... at ALL costs. And as a corporation behaves like a psychpath, it's quite easy to join the dots to see that weather control has huge financial benefits for those that can profit from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUg8uLoZNY

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90iE4nr4Kfk

And if the first thought that enters your head after hearing the word Chemtrails is "conspiracy theory!" stop and have a good think why that is. Where has the instinct to slavishly follow the official line come from? The power to question is the basis of all human progress. It is not the answer that enlightens but the question and the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Peace brothers.
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015

User avatar
rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 13296
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: london

Post by rblockells » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:00 pm

US sea level north of New York City 'jumped by 128mm' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31604953

Could these unusual patterns be linked to the above ?
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

User avatar
GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

Post by GaryT » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:29 pm

rblockells wrote:US sea level north of New York City 'jumped by 128mm' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31604953

Could these unusual patterns be linked to the above ?
Quite possibly, look at the map in the first link at 29.03
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015

User avatar
1 Bobby Hazell
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2947
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:05 pm

Re: GeoEngineering

Post by 1 Bobby Hazell » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:07 pm

GaryT wrote:Please feel free to point me in the direction of anything in this that can be proven false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3_ymVSqRg
That is an excellent talk.

My sister lectures on Global Warming. We have some interesting 'discussions'. She, obviously, thinks I'm mad.
"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

User avatar
rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 13296
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: london

Post by rblockells » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:32 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/13/us/st ... .html?_r=2

Pacific Ocean .... strange happenings...is this all linked?
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

User avatar
GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

Post by GaryT » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:13 pm

The link between GeoEngineering and Global Warming is a murky one but I'm pretty sure this falls into the GW camp. The link between rising sea temperatures and the knock on effect to plankton/fish/sea lions etc has been pretty well documented for over a decade now so I'm not sure if you're just pulling my leg but for those that don't know....

http://russgeorge.net/2015/03/10/starvi ... ing-ocean/ and http://www.global-greenhouse-warming.co ... ature.html are pretty self explanatory.

I'm not sure I buy the dust theory in the first link which is why I've added the 2nd link as rising sea temperatures is the more obvious reason for the declining plankton blooms (even the tiniest temperature change will effect the plankton which have had millions of years to acclimatise themselves to their...well, climate).

For as long as I can remember there have been sceptics poo pooing the idea of climate change and have taken the "I'll believe it when I see it" stance. If beach loads of dead fish/birds and sea lions isn't seeing it with your own eyes, what is?

I have a feeling that those in the know, know more than they are letting on. Having watched the video about the melting Arctic ice and another one called "Chasing Ice" they both detail changes up to 2009. The guys who did the Chasing Ice film shot footage from 2006 to 2009 which showed time lapse evidence of disappearing ice sheets/glaciers. They still have cameras in place yet for some reason, there hasn't been an update or any mention of how things have changed in the last 6 years. Maybe it's just my conspiracy theory mind working overtime but if things have gone past the tipping point, is there much point in terrifying the public by telling them "we're doomed!" :?: (or have they been advised it would not be in their best interest to continue their research? OK! now I'm going deeper down the conspiracy rabbit hole)

Chasing Ice isn't wildly available but it's out there if you know where to look.
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015

User avatar
rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 13296
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: london

Post by rblockells » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:13 pm

GaryT wrote:The link between GeoEngineering and Global Warming is a murky one but I'm pretty sure this falls into the GW camp. The link between rising sea temperatures and the knock on effect to plankton/fish/sea lions etc has been pretty well documented for over a decade now so I'm not sure if you're just pulling my leg but for those that don't know....

http://russgeorge.net/2015/03/10/starvi ... ing-ocean/ and http://www.global-greenhouse-warming.co ... ature.html are pretty self explanatory.

I'm not sure I buy the dust theory in the first link which is why I've added the 2nd link as rising sea temperatures is the more obvious reason for the declining plankton blooms (even the tiniest temperature change will effect the plankton which have had millions of years to acclimatise themselves to their...well, climate).

For as long as I can remember there have been sceptics poo pooing the idea of climate change and have taken the "I'll believe it when I see it" stance. If beach loads of dead fish/birds and sea lions isn't seeing it with your own eyes, what is?

I have a feeling that those in the know, know more than they are letting on. Having watched the video about the melting Arctic ice and another one called "Chasing Ice" they both detail changes up to 2009. The guys who did the Chasing Ice film shot footage from 2006 to 2009 which showed time lapse evidence of disappearing ice sheets/glaciers. They still have cameras in place yet for some reason, there hasn't been an update or any mention of how things have changed in the last 6 years. Maybe it's just my conspiracy theory mind working overtime but if things have gone past the tipping point, is there much point in terrifying the public by telling them "we're doomed!" :?: (or have they been advised it would not be in their best interest to continue their research? OK! now I'm going deeper down the conspiracy rabbit hole)

Chasing Ice isn't wildly available but it's out there if you know where to look.
Definitely not...I have found these posts and links to be very informative.

I would love to watch Chasing Ice..if you know of a decent link to it..please let us know.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

User avatar
GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am

Post by GaryT » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:22 pm

rblockells wrote:
GaryT wrote:The link between GeoEngineering and Global Warming is a murky one but I'm pretty sure this falls into the GW camp. The link between rising sea temperatures and the knock on effect to plankton/fish/sea lions etc has been pretty well documented for over a decade now so I'm not sure if you're just pulling my leg but for those that don't know....

http://russgeorge.net/2015/03/10/starvi ... ing-ocean/ and http://www.global-greenhouse-warming.co ... ature.html are pretty self explanatory.

I'm not sure I buy the dust theory in the first link which is why I've added the 2nd link as rising sea temperatures is the more obvious reason for the declining plankton blooms (even the tiniest temperature change will effect the plankton which have had millions of years to acclimatise themselves to their...well, climate).

For as long as I can remember there have been sceptics poo pooing the idea of climate change and have taken the "I'll believe it when I see it" stance. If beach loads of dead fish/birds and sea lions isn't seeing it with your own eyes, what is?

I have a feeling that those in the know, know more than they are letting on. Having watched the video about the melting Arctic ice and another one called "Chasing Ice" they both detail changes up to 2009. The guys who did the Chasing Ice film shot footage from 2006 to 2009 which showed time lapse evidence of disappearing ice sheets/glaciers. They still have cameras in place yet for some reason, there hasn't been an update or any mention of how things have changed in the last 6 years. Maybe it's just my conspiracy theory mind working overtime but if things have gone past the tipping point, is there much point in terrifying the public by telling them "we're doomed!" :?: (or have they been advised it would not be in their best interest to continue their research? OK! now I'm going deeper down the conspiracy rabbit hole)

Chasing Ice isn't wildly available but it's out there if you know where to look.
Definitely not...I have found these posts and links to be very informative.

I would love to watch Chasing Ice..if you know of a decent link to it..please let us know.
Fair enough. I just did a quick search of some of the better known torrent sites and it is readily available from reputable up-loaders so you shouldn't have a problem finding it.

If you are interested, here is a link to GeoEngineering in a different form. The HIV+ link to AIDS scandal House of Numbers
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015

User avatar
rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 13296
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: london

Post by rblockells » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:41 am

http://enenews.com/experts-food-web-cra ... ast-videos

What is going on with the fish shortages in the Pacific Ocean?
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

User avatar
ramrod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 324
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by ramrod » Sun May 17, 2015 12:11 pm

rblockells wrote:http://enenews.com/experts-food-web-cra ... ast-videos

What is going on with the fish shortages in the Pacific Ocean?
The ring of fire might have something to do with it.
Not so bad living in the Shadows.

User avatar
wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor
Posts: 4591
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:35 pm
Location: St Albans

Re: GeoEngineering

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sun May 17, 2015 12:21 pm

1 Bobby Hazell wrote:
GaryT wrote:Please feel free to point me in the direction of anything in this that can be proven false.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W3_ymVSqRg
That is an excellent talk.

My sister lectures on Global Warming. We have some interesting 'discussions'. She, obviously, thinks I'm mad.
For or against ?
Image

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 12267
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Post by dm » Sun May 17, 2015 3:42 pm

rblockells wrote:Definitely not...I have found these posts and links to be very informative.

I would love to watch Chasing Ice..if you know of a decent link to it..please let us know.
Chasing Ice is available to rent on Love Film. An excellent film.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests