vape?

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

SPQR

vape?

Post by SPQR » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:10 pm

A lot less harmful than fags. True. Cheaper? Hmmm.

Tanks and coils and vg and pg and a zillion flavours. Lots of juice most of which is shit. Best one I have found is raspberry which is just wrong with a pint. Any other vapers?

super_hooper
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by super_hooper » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:44 pm

Have stopped smoking ciggies but will have a blast on a vapouriser for the novelty...

Biscuit/biscotti flavour was lovely with a coffee!

GeorgeCaplin
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by GeorgeCaplin » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:45 pm

Used to smoke years ago, but last year I found myself having a cheeky fag when drunk out with mates or at the odd wedding.
Always loved shisha in the past and went for a random boredom work google and investigated in the whole vaping thing.
Found it quite cheap, I went for the EGO CE4 style tank thingy. I am not sure about the terminology.
I have found it pretty cheap for something I will do off the cuff. Spent about 20-30 quid on it overall and won't really need to spend anymore for a good while.
So far I tried, strawberry, orange, vanilla, coconut, apple all with happy results.
The only one I have a love hate with so far is Lemon and Lime flavour, one puff tastes refreshing the next tastes horrid. These are all nicotine free.
If anyone is interested in this stuff I had a few mates asking about it (all smokers, all looking to cut down) and sent them an e-mail with links to all the parts they need and a few links to randoms on youtube that show how to fix, clean and review the stuff. I can always bung it up on here.

SPQR

Re: vape?

Post by SPQR » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:52 pm

So following lobbying by big pharma companies, EU talking about taxing vape stuff at same rate as tobacco. WTF is that all about. people will just carry on smoking. Anyone would think that governments want people to carry on smoking for the tax revenues. Fcuking hell I hate politicians.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:24 am

SPQR wrote:So following lobbying by big pharma companies, EU talking about taxing vape stuff at same rate as tobacco. WTF is that all about. people will just carry on smoking. Anyone would think that governments want people to carry on smoking for the tax revenues. Fcuking hell I hate politicians.
Successive UK governments have taken in pretty much the same amount of revenue on tobacco products in pretty well every one of the last 40 years (maybe more). Yup --- No decline in revenue. The numbers are all out there and available to be checked.

Measures to stop people smoking have helped big business (much cheaper cleaning bills), airlines (aircraft use their air scrubbers at much lower --- some say dangerously lower --- efficiency rates, lowering fuel consumption) while obviously saving the NHS money. And Public transport has benefitted immensely.

Cut the numbers of smokers and raise the taxes accordingly. Fiendishly simple.

The fact that anyone else profitting from the sale of drugs proven to be not only dangerous to health but almost certainly deadly (and certainly certain to shorten life-expectancy) would be locked up forever appears immaterial. Governments have claimed that smokers must have the right to choose --- A right they seem intent on forever denying users of other (non-taxed) drugs.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Highness1295

Post by Highness1295 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Does this vape contain also nicotine just like cigarette?

Highness1295

Post by Highness1295 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:03 pm

or maybe this is the version of cigarette in this new era?

ramrod
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ramrod » Mon May 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Highness1295 wrote:Does this vape contain also nicotine just like cigarette?

Nicotine is optional. I gave up smoking 40 a day a few years ago. Been vaping since.

Vaping will never be the same as a fag, but it satisfies the nicotine receptors in my body that say feed me.
Not so bad living in the Shadows.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 pm

Taxing something that is not (apparently) harmful and seems actually to be beneficial to the nation's health would surely be a new low in desperate government fund-raising.

Restaurants et al banning vaping seems a ridiculous over-reaction (though likely driven by ridiculous over-reaction from other customers and offence-taking from others who have no involvement --- though that's not unusual nowadays).

My personal opinion is that anybody indulging just looks very silly and that they pay for it is even sillier. But there you go, I'll stick with thr]e (mostly) live and let live brigade.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

SPQR

Post by SPQR » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:11 pm

speaking of tax. gave a mate of mine a few quid. he lives and trades currency in the far east. my few quid is now a few quid more and I want it back so I can buy a nice vape juice and cane 8 pints of spesh down the park. My question, for yes is there is one....do I need to tell HMRC? I think currency trading is exempt from tax but dont know. Searches via the interweb arent helping. Any of you Billionaire RAOIS readers have any thoughts?

Esox Lucius
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:14 pm

DAVEf wrote:Taxing something that is not (apparently) harmful and seems actually to be beneficial to the nation's health would surely be a new low in desperate government fund-raising.

Restaurants et al banning vaping seems a ridiculous over-reaction (though likely driven by ridiculous over-reaction from other customers and offence-taking from others who have no involvement --- though that's not unusual nowadays).

My personal opinion is that anybody indulging just looks very silly and that they pay for it is even sillier. But there you go, I'll stick with thr]e (mostly) live and let live brigade.
It's been proved that it causes cervical cancer in men who vape. 8)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:44 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
DAVEf wrote:Taxing something that is not (apparently) harmful and seems actually to be beneficial to the nation's health would surely be a new low in desperate government fund-raising.

It's been proved that it causes cervical cancer in men who vape. 8)
Is there no "wonder" food that can protect cervicals?

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:51 am

Legalising cannabis for medicinal use is back on the agenda.

good idea?
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:24 pm

rblockells wrote:Legalising cannabis for medicinal use is back on the agenda.

good idea?
Depends if you are a drug company, a religious (or any other superstiton) lobby group, a government lead by concerns about being loved by those two groups or a normal person who knows that booze, chips and unplanned sexual relations undertaken on a whim could well be bad for you but thinks "f*** it, we only live once, so long as I'm not hurting anybody else, leave me alone to do it the way I choose".

Obviously.

William
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by William » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Highness1295 wrote:Does this vape contain also nicotine just like cigarette?
Nicotine yes, the advantage and health thing is, no tar....................