Yet another boring repetitive Adel thread hijack

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20457
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:29 am

UxbridgeR wrote:Let's not forget the players also voted Kenny their player of the year. But I suppose they know pribbling idle-headed giglet all too.

And how did we get from "Brawl at the Christmas Party" to yet another thread about he who must be adored ?
As I said, hubris.
All roads lead to Marrakesh. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:07 pm
Location: N3

Post by Stan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:30 am

Micky wrote:
Systemsguy wrote:and surprisingly Paddy Kenny was voted player of the year by the fans in 2010/2011....
Can't really blame Taarabt for wanting to leave after that snub from some of the fans...
if only any other club wanted him...
next year, we'll be champions..

User avatar
DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 27507
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:38 pm

Post by DAVEf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:42 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:Adel is like a Stradivarius, only the best can extract everything out of it. We have a manager who is happy with a collection of Firenzes.
Or maybe Adel is like a good quality Audi. Able to look good in a stock-car race. Moved up to Grand prix level even Shumacher couldn't get him anywhere near a podium finish.
No, your analogy is way off the mark. Better people than you or I have deemed him one of the technically best and most gifted players of our time. We just need a quality orchestra conductor to realise the benefits.
I loved watching (most of) what he did for us in the Championship and he is undoubtably technically good and gifted in many ways.

Just not, apparently, in ways that allow him to deliver enough at the highest level according to the judgement of various managers of Morocco, Spurs, QPR, Fulham and AC Milan. And the many other unnamed managers who could have taken him but haven't bothered.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5131
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:17 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Micky wrote:
Systemsguy wrote:and surprisingly Paddy Kenny was voted player of the year by the fans in 2010/2011....
Can't really blame Taarabt for wanting to leave after that snub from some of the fans...
That was a disgrace... and embarassing.
Absolutely....

The way he flounced off after Paddy was given the prize like some sort of diva at the awards.... :wink:
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
LP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1471
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 am
Contact:

Post by LP » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:43 pm

DAVEf wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:Adel is like a Stradivarius, only the best can extract everything out of it. We have a manager who is happy with a collection of Firenzes.
Or maybe Adel is like a good quality Audi. Able to look good in a stock-car race. Moved up to Grand prix level even Shumacher couldn't get him anywhere near a podium finish.
Excellent analogy, he does have a knack of moving without indicating. Just ask Joe Allen.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 9672
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:04 pm

In the 4 years since that nutmeg, Allen was rated highly enough for Liverpool to spend £15M on him, and is now an established PL player. Meanwhile AT has spent most of his time sitting on various benches.

It seems pretty clear who's made the most of their talent.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
NuttyRanger
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:57 pm
Location: Waterford, Ireland

Post by NuttyRanger » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:11 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:Let's not forget the players also voted Kenny their player of the year. But I suppose they know pribbling idle-headed giglet all too.

And how did we get from "Brawl at the Christmas Party" to yet another thread about he who must be adored ?
As I said, hubris.
All roads lead to Marrakesh. :D
If you take the one from Agadir over the Atlas Mountains you'll see goats in trees. I kid you not......!! :)
Abide with me

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20457
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:48 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:In the 4 years since that nutmeg, Allen was rated highly enough for Liverpool to spend £15M on him, and is now an established PL player. Meanwhile AT has spent most of his time sitting on various benches.

It seems pretty clear who's made the most of their talent.
The one who had a manager that believed in him?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_Dan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by QPR_Dan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:In the 4 years since that nutmeg, Allen was rated highly enough for Liverpool to spend £15M on him, and is now an established PL player. Meanwhile AT has spent most of his time sitting on various benches.

It seems pretty clear who's made the most of their talent.
The one who had a manager that believed in him?
What like Martin Jol did?

“Taarabt is a Maradona type of talent,” said the Dutchman. “He’s a one off. You only see three or four players in Europe like him.

“He’s one of the most gifted players you will ever see on the pitch".


In 6 months at Fulham he started 7 league games and didn't score a single goal. I am not sure that was down to Jol's lack of belief in him.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 20457
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:08 pm

So the best thing is to forget it and waste the talent? The very few occasions he has played this season he has been our best player by a distance, that doesn't sound like someone sulking and refusing to play does it?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
loonee
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1952
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by loonee » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:11 pm

QPR_Dan wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:In the 4 years since that nutmeg, Allen was rated highly enough for Liverpool to spend £15M on him, and is now an established PL player. Meanwhile AT has spent most of his time sitting on various benches.

It seems pretty clear who's made the most of their talent.
The one who had a manager that believed in him?
What like Martin Jol did?

“Taarabt is a Maradona type of talent,” said the Dutchman. “He’s a one off. You only see three or four players in Europe like him.

“He’s one of the most gifted players you will ever see on the pitch".


In 6 months at Fulham he started 7 league games and didn't score a single goal. I am not sure that was down to Jol's lack of belief in him.
Unfortunately it wouldn't really matter how many managers didn't pick Taarabt, it wouldn't be AT's fault in Esox's eyes. The fact that we happen to have a manager that he has an extraordinary dislike for, just makes it more obvious.

QPR_Dan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by QPR_Dan » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:So the best thing is to forget it and waste the talent? The very few occasions he has played this season he has been our best player by a distance, that doesn't sound like someone sulking and refusing to play does it?
The problem is not when he is on the pitch. Never has been. It is getting him fit enough to compete on the pitch for 90 minutes that is the problem. Every week he doesn't play is a total waste of an amazing talent.

He gives his all when he plays and I am sure he loves the club but the fact is he thinks he should be playing Champions league football. Fulham wasn't a big enough club for him and nor is QPR. Until he is playing for one of Europe's top clubs he will not put the effort in off the pitch.

Warnock managed to get the best out of him by letting him get away with what he wanted in the Championship because he was head and shoulders above every player he came up against whether he was fully fit or not.

That is not the case in the premier league. He has admitted himself that he didn't bother with pre-season as he though he was going to Italy. He is the one after the West Ham game who said he had had an ankle injury since the start of the season. He is the one who said he didn't put effort in to the practice match before the Liverpool game as he wanted to protect himself.

Warnock saw him when he was on the bench for Fulham at Sheff United in the cup a couple of years ago and said to him “Can you remember what I said to you, ‘You’ll never play for another manager like me – no one else would let you get away with things like I did’? Taarabt replied "Yes you were right gaffer." That sums it all up.

Every week I hope his name is on the teamsheet but there is no surprise when it isn't. As far as I am concerned he is the only one who can change that and he doesn't appear to be that bothered as he is just treading water till January.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5131
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:53 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:So the best thing is to forget it and waste the talent? The very few occasions he has played this season he has been our best player by a distance, that doesn't sound like someone sulking and refusing to play does it?
I tend to blame his advisors and hanger ons who stroke his ego with the fantasies of a "big club" waiting on the sidelines for him....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5131
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:04 pm

QPR_Dan wrote:Warnock saw him when he was on the bench for Fulham at Sheff United in the cup a couple of years ago and said to him “Can you remember what I said to you, ‘You’ll never play for another manager like me – no one else would let you get away with things like I did’? Taarabt replied "Yes you were right gaffer." That sums it all up.
Warnock was grooming him...

Nailed on in January.... his sort always end up at Pal....

Can already see Colin stroking his ego telling him how a "big club" will be after him in the summer if he would just put in the performances hes capable of and help them escape relegation....
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Micky
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 8101
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by Micky » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:12 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
QPR_Dan wrote:Warnock saw him when he was on the bench for Fulham at Sheff United in the cup a couple of years ago and said to him “Can you remember what I said to you, ‘You’ll never play for another manager like me – no one else would let you get away with things like I did’? Taarabt replied "Yes you were right gaffer." That sums it all up.
Warnock was grooming him...

Nailed on in January.... his sort always end up at Pal....

Can already see Colin stroking his ego telling him how a "big club" will be after him in the summer if he would just put in the performances hes capable of and help them escape relegation....
Can't help but think that you may be right and it could end up being the difference between staying up or not...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests