Split from Discussion forum

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:00 pm

If you've got an actual argument to make on the subject at hand, please do so.

Your continual attempts to belittle anyone who doesn't share your point of view only betray your own insecurities.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:08 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:If you've got an actual argument to make on the subject at hand, please do so.

Your continual attempts to belittle anyone who doesn't share your point of view only betray your own insecurities.

If that's aimed at me it's a very amateurish trolling effort. :roll:
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

C F Extremadura
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by C F Extremadura » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Me? Dave? I was making a point without belittling, I think..Dave's response was reasonable, incorrect, but reasonable :)

I believe that the difference in income between us and man utd for example, is mainly in sponsorships, overseas rights, merchandise etc etc....so much so that the different numbers of seats don't really amount to much.

There is a good market for a smaller stadium, you still get beyonce inthere and you charge more for the tickets...

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:30 pm

DAVEf wrote:
UxbridgeR wrote:If you've got an actual argument to make on the subject at hand, please do so.

It was, but admittedly I'm not prepared to put in the hard work and man hours involved in being a professional troll like yourself.

Keep up the good work.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

It was, but admittedly I'm not prepared to put in the hard work and man hours involved in being a professional troll like yourself.

Keep up the good work.
Or being good for anything on here?

That's belittling.

But if we take it back a bit ----

Stadia sizes are not nearly as important as they used to be, what wiv the internet and stuff.

To which I replied:

They are if you want them to be multi-purpose and provide a west London alternative to Wembley and/or the O2 --- with the football (and possibly/probably Rugby) providing long-term economic security.

Which belittles no-one in any way I can see.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

DW
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by DW » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

Keep up the good work.
You must have a very mundane life Uxbridge. Nothing wrong in people making financial calculations and speculating and nothing wrong in DaveF's reply, trouble is if anyone dares go against your thought process then they are put down. Open your eyes and enjoy life a bit, you never know, you might be in for a surprise.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:31 am

DAVEf wrote:[Which belittles no-one in any way I can see.
Try this
DAVEf wrote:Or you might just be the naysaying type who can't handle disappointment so has to prepare themselves for it regardless.
You do it all the time. If anyone thinks differently to you it must be due to some character flaw or deficiency on their part. I'm hardly the first to have noticed it or pointed it out.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:38 am

DW wrote:You must have a very mundane life Uxbridge. Nothing wrong in people making financial calculations and speculating and nothing wrong in DaveF's reply, trouble is if anyone dares go against your thought process then they are put down. Open your eyes and enjoy life a bit, you never know, you might be in for a surprise.
This from a bloke who has variously called me a troll, a cretin, a sad apologist, a boring bastard, told me I talk utter shite and now imagines he has some insight into my life.

I questioned your calculation,and offered some suggestion as to why.

I didn't make it personal.

DW
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by DW » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:01 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
DW wrote:You must have a very mundane life Uxbridge. Nothing wrong in people making financial calculations and speculating and nothing wrong in DaveF's reply, trouble is if anyone dares go against your thought process then they are put down. Open your eyes and enjoy life a bit, you never know, you might be in for a surprise.
This from a bloke who has variously called me a troll, a cretin, a sad apologist, a boring bastard, told me I talk utter shite and now imagines he has some insight into my life.

I questioned your calculation,and offered some suggestion as to why.

I didn't make it personal.
Look forward to you digging all of those aforementioned names from my quotes, as certainly most do not form part of my vocabulary, but now you mention them....................................

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
DAVEf wrote:[Which belittles no-one in any way I can see.
Try this
DAVEf wrote:Or you might just be the naysaying type who can't handle disappointment so has to prepare themselves for it regardless.
You do it all the time. If anyone thinks differently to you it must be due to some character flaw or deficiency on their part. I'm hardly the first to have noticed it or pointed it out.
Playground (and/or nowadays, Facebook) stuff.

"it's not just me, I don't like you and loads of others (unnamed) feel the same way". Blah, blah. :roll:

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:39 am

F#*k me! I thought I had accidentally logged into the unmonitored CeeBeebies forum. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:F#*k me! I thought I had accidentally logged into the unmonitored CeeBeebies forum. :D
maybe you did.
"it's not just me, I don't like you and loads of others (unnamed) feel the same way". Blah, blah

DW
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by DW » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:F#*k me! I thought I had accidentally logged into the unmonitored CeeBeebies forum. :D
F**k off you caaant! :lol:

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:07 pm

Being prolonged unnecessarily by someone who hasn't learned the first law -

:troll

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:11 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
Being prolonged unnecessarily by someone who hasn't learned the first law -

:troll
The droll humour overcame my natural instincts. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.