Freedom of speech.

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Freedom of speech.

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Interested to see how this turns out.
http://samedifference1.com/2014/07/10/u ... ch-battle/
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:54 pm

We'd like to think he'll win.

But it's more likely some minor civil servant will be sent to see him with a reasonably well stuffed brown envelope --- and a non-disclosure form to sign.

If he does win though, it'll surely only be a matter of time before some schoolkid takes the same path for beng told to shut up in class.

And libraries would have to shut down for good.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:50 am

Mr Stone’s case has yet to be tested in evidence before a judge.

All a bit premature?

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:34 am

wrinklyhoop wrote:Mr Stone’s case has yet to be tested in evidence before a judge.

All a bit premature?
Who's been spreading rumours :shock:
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

GaryT
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by GaryT » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:08 am

For Cameron's legal advisor's to pursue this would suggest the email contained more than a forthright condemnation of the "Help to Work" Scheme. Also, if it wasn't Cameron, would everyone be so up in arms about it? The Malicious Communications Act 1988 sounds like something that could have its uses and there's probably a few on here that could have been tempted to thrust it in the face of the trolls that stalk these hallways.

Anyone hanging out in IS will know that Freedom of Speech comes with quite a few strings attached but what is more shocking is 'in voles', wow! I know it's way off topic and I feel slightly embarrassed highlighting it but still, wow! :oops:
I am (mostly) a kind, considerate, caring, understanding, generous and liberal sort of bloke. Except when it comes to football. And I have no wish or will to change that at all. ©DAVEf 06/03/2015