Bongo Bongo Land

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Bongo Bongo Land

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:33 pm

The UKIP arse who gave that speech (don't remind me of his name, I don't want to know) has now offered the explanation that there is an antelope called Bongo someplace in Africa and that's what he was referring to.
Creep, he's what the word creep means.
At least Hitler was outspoken in his racism.
QPR shit but local

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 pm

The bloke was an idiot and an embarrassment to his party.

However,when we dig a little deeper below the surface,there is something in the argument about corrupt leaders siphoning off money that should be going help the needy.

It all gets muddied in the waters when racism is mentioned,and everyone becomes terrified of saying the wrong thing.

The fact remains that there are some seriously corrupt leaders who are enriching themselves at the expense of their populations.

There are high-earning African professionals in this country who resent their tax going back to their countries of birth because they know from first hand experience the levels of corruption that are still rife.

The challenge for our government and for charities is how to tackle the corruption.
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

Spiritof76
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Spiritof76 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:01 am

They won't tackle it (in this country at least) because as soon as anyone mentions corruption the 'R' word is shouted hysterically from every rooftop. Now the UKIP bloke is just an old Colonel Blimp type character, and does the argument a disservice as everyone can laugh at him and his outbursts! Using the term 'Bongo Bongo Land' in the first place was a crass mistake and shot himself in the foot from the off.

That all said, there is a valid point to be made, and it is a disgrace if aid money doesn't get to where it is needed - for the people on the ground. However, there are no doubt issues as to where your money goes when you give to a charity in this country, but that's an argument for another day?

Finally, as we discuss this issue, I saw Mugabe on the news last night waltz back into government again with barely a whimper of protest from the west. God help the opposition in that country over the next few months!
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”