An Insane World

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

An Insane World

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:33 am

U.S. centric, long article but worth the read...

http://www.zerohedge.com/node/476758

This paragraph probably sums it up...

Facts are treasonous and dangerous in an empire of lies, fraud and propaganda. It is maddening to watch the country spiral downward, driven to ruin by a psychotic predator class, while the plebs choose to remain willfully ignorant of reality and distracted by their lust for cheap Chinese crap and addicted to the cult of techno-narcissism. We are a country running on heaping doses of cognitive dissonance and normalcy bias, an irrational belief in our national exceptionalism, an absurd trust in the same banking class that destroyed the finances of the country, and a delusionary belief that with just another trillion dollars of debt we’ll be back on the exponential growth track. The American empire has been built on a foundation of cheap easily accessible oil, cheap easily accessible credit, the most powerful military machine in human history, and the purposeful transformation of citizens into consumers through the use of relentless media propaganda and a persistent decades long dumbing down of the masses through the government education system
Question everything.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:50 pm

Brilliant !!!

well worth reading all the way through.

aniclap
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:25 am

So who really honestly wants to break away from this insanity?

Corporate control. Money. Pensions. Schools. Salaries. Benefits.

Would you risk your marriage, your children's education, the house you've been paying for for twenty odd years, your pension, your family health insurance, your life savings and all the "trimmings" that come with this life style? And all you had to do was shut up and play the game?

That's the control they have. The promises of promotions if you just do what we tell you to do. Your job is to do what we tell you to do.

That's control.

The threat of taking all of that away and worse, much worse.

That's control.

That's the world we live in.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:33 am

that's the history of the world though isn't it? Nothing new or only relevant to the modern world. Keep your head down & provide for your family.
next year, we'll be champions..

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:42 am

Stan wrote:that's the history of the world though isn't it? Nothing new or only relevant to the modern world. Keep your head down & provide for your family.
yes Stan,of course....but do you honestly believe that most people are conscious of that?

i don't know,maybe i am doing "most people"an injustice,but i doubt it...as long as they have their favourite TV shows,and the fripperies of modern living,then they go about blissfully unaware of the erosion of their freedoms.

in just the past week we have seen proposals to increase police powers to forcefully prevent gatherings,and further plans to snoop on individuals' internet use.

the old arguments will be trotted out about"if you have nothing to hide , then you have nothing to be afraid of"...but it all adds up to more state control.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm

My point was its not "the modern world". It's the world since time began. To your next point, I believe most people don't care because their entire world is basically a 10 mile radius from where they live. They'll have many more important things to care about infront of some law that doesn't effect their daily lives 1 bit. That's reality I'm afraid.
next year, we'll be champions..

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Forty years ago the mass populace, in the words of John Lennon were 'Doped on religion, Sex and TV. In the intervening time the instruments of doping may have changed (thanks to bountiful credit, i-trinkets, celebrity worship etc.) but the landscape has remained pretty much the same. However, in recent years there has been a very real and extremely dangerous step change in the behaviour of the ruling kleptocracy. They now act with absolute impunity and utter disregard to the rest of us. History suggests that when the masses finally shake off their normalcy bias it will result in a backlash, the likes of which we probably can't begin to envisage given our own limited generational experience.
Question everything.

BushBoy

Post by BushBoy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 pm

up untill 1066 we all owned a piece of our fair land to farm and live on and since that fateful dayl when the Normans came over and took the land we havent had the same rights.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:54 am

Yep, it's been a feudal system, in one shape or another, ever since.
Question everything.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:51 pm

And don't you peasants forget it!
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 pm

Hasn't modern capitalism massively increased so many freedoms?

Increased freedom from disease; Increased freedom to travel (and in the ways of travelling); Increased choice of foods; Increased opportunities for education and Increased entertainments (quantity and quality).

Unless anyone wants to claim that living in pre-capitalism days was better? eangel
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:36 am

I'm not sure that the primary objective of pharmaceutical companies, airlines, hotel chains, supermarket chains, governments (ergo their bank paymasters), media empires, Rupert Murdoch, Ticketmaster etc. is to expand our 'freedoms'. :wink:

I don't disagree with the fundamental point you are making (even if it is rather first World centric) but it needs to be taken within a much wider context.

The pursuit of profit, monopoly status, market control and political influence are some of the main driving forces behind these 'freedoms'. It all comes at a price...antibiotic resistance, global warming, student/personal/taxpayer debt, a less than free press and a dumbing down of society.
Question everything.

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:12 pm

DAVEf wrote:Hasn't modern capitalism massively increased so many freedoms?

Increased freedom from disease; Increased freedom to travel (and in the ways of travelling); Increased choice of foods; Increased opportunities for education and Increased entertainments (quantity and quality).

Unless anyone wants to claim that living in pre-capitalism days was better? eangel
Davef, what are you on? Come on here and start spouting off about reality. Seriously, we won't stand for it.

I, for one, feel the need to conform.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Stan wrote:that's the history of the world though isn't it? Nothing new or only relevant to the modern world. Keep your head down & provide for your family.
Bleak.
QPR shit but local

Hunter S Thompson
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Hunter S Thompson » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:28 pm

In the middle ages the peasant farmers worked on average three days a week.
I grew up on a farm. The working week was decided by the time of year, the livestock and the weather.There were days when there was little to do or little that could be done. In good weather, at harvest time, we worked eighteen hours a day. A certain cure for insomnia and picky eating. More freedom or less ? I don't know.
QPR shit but local