Gold

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:20 pm

http://www.technologyreview.com/news/52 ... -backlash/

they won't go down without a fight.....too many vested interests..

the hypocrisy is staggering...politicians and big banks "worried"that criminals could be using bitcoin.....okay then how many billions times more dollars are used for drugs,arms etc etc.....
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

Steiner
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Steiner » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:06 pm

rblockells wrote:
Don wrote:Why do I get the feeling that some people here would actuially enjoy seeing our whole economy going nipples north?
If it is replaced with something new that works for the majority rather than the just the few...then surely that would be a good thing?
Key word.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:15 pm

They have threatened "dire consequences" if the USA defaults. Now think of who the bankers are and where they originate from & also who owns the media. They DEMAND that governments stay on their path of never ending debt & continue paying illegal usury fees. It is how they keep control of our politicians & government. It's financial terrorism.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:22 pm

rblockells wrote:
Don wrote:Why do I get the feeling that some people here would actuially enjoy seeing our whole economy going nipples north?
If it is replaced with something new that works for the majority rather than the just the few...then surely that would be a good thing?
Chances are we will be worse off. Stuff that.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Don wrote:
rblockells wrote:
Chances are we will be worse off. Stuff that.
hmmm...not so sure about that Don. :?

Anyway it's all hypothetical as it looks like they are close to a deal on the debt ceiling.

As one wag said on the radio..."The Americans will make the right decision....once they have exhausted all of the other possibilities" :D

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:39 am

As you implied, Arbie, it was all political brinkmanship.

Actually, like most people, I would like a fairer world. But to paraphrase St Augustine: "Please God, make me good, but not just yet".
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Don wrote:As you implied, Arbie, it was all political brinkmanship.

Actually, like most people, I would like a fairer world. But to paraphrase St Augustine: "Please God, make me good, but not just yet".
99% of the people.....but it's the 1% who have all the power and money...for now 8)

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:01 am

[quote="rblockells"]They have threatened "dire consequences" if the USA defaults. Now think of who the bankers are and where they originate from & also who owns the media. They DEMAND that governments stay on their path of never ending debt & continue paying illegal usury fees. It is how they keep control of our politicians & government. It's financial terrorism.[/quote]

aniclap Precisely!
Question everything.

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:59 am

WA Hoop wrote:See previous comment DSH...on the basis that the ratio of paper certificates claiming ownership of gold to that of actual physical gold is estimated to be 130:1, I reckon you're right, that would be the smart option. Still, when the hammer does eventually fall, you can't eat gold bars.
what about the coins on my xmas tree?
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:46 am

deepseahoop wrote:
WA Hoop wrote:See previous comment DSH...on the basis that the ratio of paper certificates claiming ownership of gold to that of actual physical gold is estimated to be 130:1, I reckon you're right, that would be the smart option. Still, when the hammer does eventually fall, you can't eat gold bars.
:lol: Damn, O.K. go on then, just remember to remove the 'gold' foil first.
Question everything.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:13 am

WA Hoop wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
:lol: Damn, O.K. go on then, just remember to remove the 'gold' foil first.

...please don't tell me that you actually do have your Christmas tree up in November.
Question everything.

JH
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by JH » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 am

80% of the world's gold is traded in London with the remainder roughly divided equally between Zurich and NYC. Seemingly on Friday, 12 April last year, 400 metric tonnes of the stuff was put up for sale in one hit which is something like 10 times the average daily trade for gold!

However, there is more to it as this huge amount went on sale at around 4.30pm NYC time when of course, Swiss and London traders were, shall we say, out of the picture. With no reserve price, there was a drop in price which triggers all the automatic sell reserves and suddenly, the price dropped dramatically as huge lumps of the stuff were being hoovered up as the price continued to fall.

Speculation as to who might have been behind this abounds, but getting the price to drop was definitely in the interests of the US in view of some nations wanting their gold reserves held in Fort Knox actually back in their own central banks! Always assuming the Yanks could print the money quick enough to buy the stuff.

Basically, the plot is a thickenin' the end of the game is still not completed.

JH
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by JH » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 am

rblockells wrote: 99% of the people.....but it's the 1% who have all the power and money...for now 8)
Was it ever thus? The Guardian reported in 2012 that 10% of UK households own 40% of the UK wealth http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/d ... wealth-ons

However, that figure is positively utopian compared to the distribution of wealth here in the Philippines. Last year I read an article that said 76% of this nations wealth was contained in the hands of what percentage?

Have a guess and I bet you don't even come close to the figure. Click on this link for the answer is in the fifth paragraph!!

http://news.ph.msn.com/regional/philipp ... new-wealth

It's more fun in the Philippines!