Cyprus

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Cait
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Cyprus

Post by Cait » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:39 am

How is what they are doing legal over there? I am baffled.

1 Bobby Hazell
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 1 Bobby Hazell » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Legal or ethical doesn't even start to come into it where the avarice of the banks is concerned.

This is, unfortunately, only the beginning. We are all going to pay the price. I have been advising people to turn their money into something real for a long time now. In fact I have even been mocked for it on here but rest assured the people of Cyprus won't be the last to be treated this way.

The financial system is an illusionary house of cards based on the 'confidence' of our belief in it, those at the top know that our realisation of the truth is dawning and will grab all they can until then.

Iceland.
"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 am

This is tangible proof that the current Western financial system is bust.

The debts (which are not made of REAL money) which are "owed" by Western governments to the wealthy power elite are simply unsustainable.

Iceland had the right idea.

Why should innocent people be penalised by a discredited and corrupt system?
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:12 pm

I agree. Daylight robbery. The banks should never have been baled out in the first place.
next year, we'll be champions..

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:32 am

Stan wrote:I agree. Daylight robbery. The banks should never have been baled out in the first place.
That welsh chimp really is making a name for himself. :wink:

A London cabbie's take on it all...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-03-1 ... -much-more
Question everything.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 am

Alternatively, try the late American stand up comic / satirist Gerorge Carlin's take on where we find ourselves...

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice . . . you don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying . . . lobbying, to get what they want . . .
Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want . . . they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that . . . that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting f**ked by a system that threw them overboard 30 f**kin' years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers . . .
Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your f**kin' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it . . . they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this f**kin' place.
It’s a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in The big club. By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people . . . white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people
continue, these are people of modest means . . . continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a f**k about you. They don’t give a f**k about you . . . they don’t give a f**k about you.
They don’t care about you at all . . . at all . . . at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream cause you have to be asleep to believe it . . .”

-George Carlin – “It’s a big club and you ain’t in it.”
Question everything.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 am

1 Bobby Hazell
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 1 Bobby Hazell » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:56 am

WA Hoop wrote:Alternatively, try the late American stand up comic / satirist Gerorge Carlin's take on where we find ourselves...

"Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice . . . you don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own, and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying . . . lobbying, to get what they want . . .
Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I’ll tell you what they don’t want . . . they don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that . . . that doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. That’s right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting f**ked by a system that threw them overboard 30 f**kin' years ago. They don’t want that. You know what they want? They want obedient workers . . .
Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your f**kin' retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it . . . they’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this f**kin' place.
It’s a big club and you ain't in it. You and I are not in The big club. By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. Good honest hard-working people . . . white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people
continue, these are people of modest means . . . continue to elect these rich cocksuckers who don’t give a f**k about you. They don’t give a f**k about you . . . they don’t give a f**k about you.
They don’t care about you at all . . . at all . . . at all, and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That’s what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that’s being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. It’s called the American Dream cause you have to be asleep to believe it . . .”

-George Carlin – “It’s a big club and you ain’t in it.”

Worth seeing the man himself deliver.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI5EY5kqiBU
"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

qprgentina
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by qprgentina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:44 pm

1 Bobby Hazell wrote:This is, unfortunately, only the beginning. We are all going to pay the price. I have been advising people to turn their money into something real for a long time now. In fact I have even been mocked for it on here but rest assured the people of Cyprus won't be the last to be treated this way.
Just out of curiosity 1BH what "real" things have you been recomending?

Down here they laugh at the use of the word "crisis" to describe what's going on in Europe at the moment and when you have had all your savings frozen from one day to the next and then had the funds effectively devalued by approximately 66% as recently as 11 years ago, you can see their point. Nobody leaves their money in banks here even though you can presently get 12%pa on a 1 month notice account! They either invest in property of cars (cars at the very worst hold their value on a yearly basis!) or keep the cash in their house which is one of the reasons why they have bars on every window here.

And with inflation running at 30% down here now and many other financial issues not being dealt with by CFK it's only a matter of time before the 10 year "crisis" cycle repeats itself...
If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

1 Bobby Hazell
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by 1 Bobby Hazell » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:17 am

qprgentina wrote:
1 Bobby Hazell wrote:This is, unfortunately, only the beginning. We are all going to pay the price. I have been advising people to turn their money into something real for a long time now. In fact I have even been mocked for it on here but rest assured the people of Cyprus won't be the last to be treated this way.
Just out of curiosity 1BH what "real" things have you been recomending?

Down here they laugh at the use of the word "crisis" to describe what's going on in Europe at the moment and when you have had all your savings frozen from one day to the next and then had the funds effectively devalued by approximately 66% as recently as 11 years ago, you can see their point. Nobody leaves their money in banks here even though you can presently get 12%pa on a 1 month notice account! They either invest in property of cars (cars at the very worst hold their value on a yearly basis!) or keep the cash in their house which is one of the reasons why they have bars on every window here.

And with inflation running at 30% down here now and many other financial issues not being dealt with by CFK it's only a matter of time before the 10 year "crisis" cycle repeats itself...
Property, extensions and land in the main.

Solar panels, as I mentioned in a thread once my in-laws cover all their power needs plus have excess to sell to the national grid.

A good allotment, a grow your own food course/book and a lot of tins of beans!!!

Anything real with any value to you. Our 'savings' don't exist, if we all went to take them out today we'd be refused. The govt here have taken to running radio adverts advising us that they will personally guarantee our savings up to 70 grand. Fu**ing hilarious!! A govt that is over a trillion pound in debt is going to guarantee all our savings! What with? Buttons!!!!

Why would the govt take out an advert just to advise us of one of their policies? Because they desperately want to stop people trying to withdraw their illusionary non existent savings. Money that does not exist, numbers made up on the screen, plucked literally out of thin air.

If the so called money remains as numbers on a screen it can moved from one computer to another a la Cyprus, theft masquerading as a bailout. What will the bailout involve? Putting lots of numbers back on the screens on the banks it was taken from in the first place but with EVEN MORE interest to pay. The cycle will only increase.

It is a total illusion, we will be forced to pay more to them whilst having our society decimated by cuts in funding to all the vital areas of social support, activity and creative projects that we should be able to provide ourselves with, particularly those which support the most vulnerable members of our society.

Proppa wrong'un.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:19 am

It was great to see the Cypriot politicians reject this draconian "tax" which amounts to theft.

Stand-up to these Eurocrats and put the rights of the people first.

good on ya....

Spiritof76
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Spiritof76 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 pm

rblockells wrote:It was great to see the Cypriot politicians reject this draconian "tax" which amounts to theft.

Stand-up to these Eurocrats and put the rights of the people first.

good on ya....
Yeah it was great, then they went and spoiled it all by sending a delegation with a begging bowl to the Kremlin! :evil:
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

QPR 1
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by QPR 1 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:29 am

Should I be worried about my €2 Leaky bank current account balance :oops: