Come Bilderberging with me...

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 pm

rblockells wrote:
Parks Queen wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
This is happening worldwide.

There has been an increase in people wanting to find out more about ancient indigenous beliefs.

In the US there are numerous groups studying the beliefs of Native Americans;in Australia,the same applies with Aborigines.

Could it be that there is a growing disillusionment with modern life and a searching for something more meaningful?

I don't know...a cursory look at the growth of "new-age"philosophy,would suggest there may be something in this.

(Although "new age" seems oddly named,when a lot of the beliefs surrounding it are ancient)
...............................................................................................................
Scientology is "new age" and it's supposedly the fastest growing "religion" in the western world. But there are plenty of cults/sects/religions that have begun within the last 200 years. Maybe because that's when the exclusivity of conning "gullible poor sods" got taken out of the hands of established churches and anyone could have a go.

Still, though, vastly more people see being famous, designer clothing, new cars, giant TVs, whirlpool baths etc etc (or jobs or freedom or just power or gold) as keys to their happy existence.

The middle classes provide the seekers-after-truth. Because they are generally the intellectually and emotionally most dissatisfied. Probably because they are in the middle.

If, in the near future, Humanity as a whole starts (without outside intervention) to swing away from corporate-fed consumerism and biologically-led greed and ambition and towards a "new way", I'll let my wibble clods be tickled by anyone with even a hint of a striped clueby. And that is a promise.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

Parks Queen
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Parks Queen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:33 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:Rather than reply in piecemeal fashion to both Dave & PQ may I respectfully suggest you both read at your leisure a book entitled "Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" by Dee Brown. A truly sobering catalogue of broken promises and betrayal. Due to their inherently tribal nature they were in part responsible for their own downfall but this was an element that was strongly played upon by the burgeoning American government and it's military arm.
I own that on DVD except I have yet to watch it. Long story.

I also own an allegedly comprehensive (skeptical here) compilation of everything and anything written or spoken by the tribes and nations. Makes you weep. Such eloquence.

I also recommend Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States, especially its opening bits. I also love some pretentious academic coming up to me, whenever I am caught with this primer, to caution me that I should be careful reading it, because ... you know ... I am of a primitive mind. It has nothing earthshattering that those paying attention in High School and early College missed, but I like the approach. Not a huge fan of his writing style, not because he is particularly unreadable, but because I expect more elegance and fluidity from historians, who are usually excellent in this regard. Any foreigners trying to learn English, choose to read historians, not New York Times or Newsweek or even Time -- which have all gone south style and mechanics wise.

-- PQ
Right behind you, Joeybaby. Lace the rainbow, sweet Charlie!
LAS MARIPOSAS! 25 November #16days #orangeurworld #EndVAW @SayNO_UNiTE
“Nearly 1/2 all sexual assaults worldwide against girls aged 15 yrs & younger”
-- Ciaran Donnelly of @theirc

Parks Queen
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Parks Queen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Popping back in to make a quick note that it could come off as chumming to the style-police, which wasn't intended (but if it works out that way, it is a plus). Whatever. Fleadom of Expression. And reciprocity, I suppose, if one swings that way. I tend not to, unless in a mood to. And I've been in a funk. YES, IT'S ALL ABOUT MEEEEE AGAIN. QPR was born to be matronized by me and created to help me deal with my issues with whatever under the sun. Owners, Managers, and Players ... ? They're merely extras. But the results ... yes, the results ... only serve as pretext to go on a whinging pityfest.

-- knows everythink!
Right behind you, Joeybaby. Lace the rainbow, sweet Charlie!
LAS MARIPOSAS! 25 November #16days #orangeurworld #EndVAW @SayNO_UNiTE
“Nearly 1/2 all sexual assaults worldwide against girls aged 15 yrs & younger”
-- Ciaran Donnelly of @theirc

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:33 am

Parks Queen wrote:Popping back in to make a quick note that it could come off as chumming to the style-police, which wasn't intended (but if it works out that way, it is a plus). Whatever. Fleadom of Expression. And reciprocity, I suppose, if one swings that way. I tend not to, unless in a mood to. And I've been in a funk. YES, IT'S ALL ABOUT MEEEEE AGAIN. QPR was born to be matronized by me and created to help me deal with my issues with whatever under the sun. Owners, Managers, and Players ... ? They're merely extras. But the results ... yes, the results ... only serve as pretext to go on a whinging pityfest.

-- knows everythink!
big clue there :wink:
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:24 pm

rblockells wrote:
Parks Queen wrote:Popping back in to make a quick note that it could come off as chumming to the style-police, which wasn't intended (but if it works out that way, it is a plus). Whatever. Fleadom of Expression. And reciprocity, I suppose, if one swings that way. I tend not to, unless in a mood to. And I've been in a funk. YES, IT'S ALL ABOUT MEEEEE AGAIN. QPR was born to be matronized by me and created to help me deal with my issues with whatever under the sun. Owners, Managers, and Players ... ? They're merely extras. But the results ... yes, the results ... only serve as pretext to go on a whinging pityfest.

-- knows everythink!
big clue there :wink:
Yet he's denied it more than once.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:39 am

Yes Donaldo,twice I believe

If he denies it a third time, then we KNOW it's him.

waynes tash
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by waynes tash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 am

Some interesting and thought provoking comments in this thread. However, may I remind you that this is the IS section of dotorg and to lower your standards immediately to the levels previously seen. Snide remarks, personal attacks etc. Thank you.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:25 pm

waynes tash wrote:Some interesting and thought provoking comments in this thread. However, may I remind you that this is the IS section of dotorg and to lower your standards immediately to the levels previously seen. Snide remarks, personal attacks etc. Thank you.
why don't you fark off and support Chelsea :wink:

waynes tash
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by waynes tash » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm

why don't you fark off and support Chelsea :wink:[/quote]

I did. But they are more fecked up than we are so I'm back again.

This Battenberg thing that you are talking about. Do you think Paladini is behind it. Or Tommy Nintendo? There's one for you older dotorgers!

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm

waynes tash wrote:why don't you fark off and support Chelsea :wink:

This Battenberg thing that you are talking about. Do you think Paladini is behind it. Or Tommy Nintendo? There's one for you older dotorgers![/quote]

Blimey. The freaky Tommy Nintendo. Even freakier to find out who it actually was.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
waynes tash wrote:why don't you fark off and support Chelsea :wink:

This Battenberg thing that you are talking about. Do you think Paladini is behind it. Or Tommy Nintendo? There's one for you older dotorgers!
Blimey. The freaky Tommy Nintendo. Even freakier to find out who it actually was.[/quote]
The King of Clubs? 8)
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Last edited by rblockells on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

rblockells wrote:global ID cards??

no thanks :?

http://www.secretsofthefed.com/global-p ... l-id-card/

Where in the World does a person not need ID cards?

Just asking.
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

DAVEf wrote:

Just asking.
off the top of my head...the UK ?

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 pm

rblockells wrote:
DAVEf wrote:

Just asking.
off the top of my head...the UK ?
OK. So no credit cards, no debit cards, no passport, no driving licence. Etc.

See where I'm going?