Come Bilderberging with me...

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Come Bilderberging with me...

Post by rblockells » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:30 pm

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoner ... 50911.html

Mandy and Clarky setting our agenda...
Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not.Both ideas are overwhelming.

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 am

Powerful people will always try to wield influence. If I was in their shoes, I would. Good luck to them.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Don wrote:Powerful people will always try to wield influence. If I was in their shoes, I would. Good luck to them.
Yeah powerful they may be,but they were not put in those in those positions of power by you,me or any of the electorate.

It cannot be right that a bunch of unelected Eurocrats and various banksters and heads of large corporations have these behind closed doors meetings to decide what happens to the rest of us,without us having any say in the matter.

Can it?

Or is democracy an illusion?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

rblockells wrote:
Don wrote:Powerful people will always try to wield influence. If I was in their shoes, I would. Good luck to them.
Yeah powerful they may be,but they were not put in those in those positions of power by you,me or any of the electorate.

It cannot be right that a bunch of unelected Eurocrats and various banksters and heads of large corporations have these behind closed doors meetings to decide what happens to the rest of us,without us having any say in the matter.

Can it?

nailonhead
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

So Don,your esteemed opinion would be valued on this issue.

The EU question has once again been thrusted into the spotlight.

As far as i can understand ,call me Dave has spelt out VERY CLEARLY,the following.

There will be a referendum on in/out of the EU,providing that...

The Tories win the next election..

The negotiations which are ongoing regarding reform of the EU go in the way that he hopes.

the wording of the referendum(if it goes ahead) will be decided at a later date,possibly by errr.referendum.

or something.

#nonethebloodywiser

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

rblockells wrote:

Can it?

We have a certain amount of democracy --- but even if we had complete democracy that wouldn't equate to freedom of choice over others who would also have complete democracy plus more money and better connections.

And our form of democracy is not one man one vote on every issue it's a vote to elect those who will rule over us in the way they deem best.

And if there's an illusion, it's "freedom". Though it could maybe be obtained by moving to somewhere civilisation has never touched (and no-one say Luton because they do have kebab shops --- not that I'd ever dare eat any of their produce) and living free without all the infernal restrictions imposed on us by a civilised existence might not all that much fun?
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 am

DAVEf wrote:
rblockells wrote:

Can it?

We have a certain amount of democracy --- but even if we had complete democracy that wouldn't equate to freedom of choice over others who would also have complete democracy plus more money and better connections.

And our form of democracy is not one man one vote on every issue it's a vote to elect those who will rule over us in the way they deem best.

And if there's an illusion, it's "freedom". Though it could maybe be obtained by moving to somewhere civilisation has never touched (and no-one say Luton because they do have kebab shops --- not that I'd ever dare eat any of their produce) and living free without all the infernal restrictions imposed on us by a civilised existence might not all that much fun?
hmmm...interesting..so you are saying that we should just accept the status quo and accept that we have limited freedom,because that's just the way it is and always has been?

it must be wrong that groups such as the Bilderburg group(yes,they do exist-just google it)should have infinitely more power and influence than everyone else.

freedom fighters over thousands of years died in vain if your premise is true.

by the way ,i am not your pie in the sky idealist,goody-goody dreamer,and like to think i have a fairly good grip on reality,but it seems that we are losing the freedoms that have been fought for over generations,and losing them by the day.

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:15 pm

rblockells wrote:
DAVEf wrote:
rblockells wrote: hmmm...interesting..so you are saying that we should just accept the status quo and accept that we have limited freedom,because that's just the way it is and always has been?

Not exactly. I'm more saying we are pack animals who have always existed in hierarchical communities. So while we might like to think that what we have has been fought and battled for it is (though there is some truth in that premise) a truth that our social stuctures are more a product of evolution (maybe shined up a bit) than intellectual idealism/wishful thinking/foot-stamping jealousy.

And I'm also suggesting that with having people running things who have information and skills to do so might be a bit annoying but having our society(ies) run by general consensus or whatever might not be as successful, secure or happy (and perhaps the Jeremy Kyle show gives us clues for that? :wink: ) as we might wishfully hope.

So maybe it's a "beware what you wish for in case you get it" type of thing :P
"My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind".

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Depresssingly Darwinian Dave.

Survival of the fittest is indeed how the animal kingdom has evolved and continues to evolve.

As thinking,empathetic beings,should we not be striving to move beyond that?

Yes,the world is run and owned by a strong and powerful few,and the great majority strive merely to survive.

There are plenty of resources on this planet to go round,whatever the mainstream media scare stories may tell us.

Why should the "elite" be setting their own self-seeking agenda at the expense of everyone else?

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:50 pm

[quote="rblockells"]Depresssingly Darwinian Dave.

Survival of the fittest is indeed how the animal kingdom has evolved and continues to evolve.

As thinking,empathetic beings,should we not be striving to move beyond that?

Yes,the world is run and owned by a strong and powerful few,and the great majority strive merely to survive.

There are plenty of resources on this planet to go round,whatever the mainstream media scare stories may tell us.

Why should the "elite" be setting their own self-seeking agenda at the expense of everyone else?[/quote]

Because empathy doesn't mean giving your cash away!
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 am

It's not "depressing" for me.

We are what we are and have come a long way in a short time. That is surely something to be proud of? However, to ignore what we are so often causes pain and emotional distress to folk who so want to be not what they are and are disappointed (in themselves and others) when they get "let down". No doubt (if we survive as a race) we'll continue to evolve and "better" ourselves but just now we only have a thin veneer of what some might describe as civilisation and most of what we do is driven by instinct (however much we might try to cover that up).

And I'm not just referring to our behaviour in football stadiums :D

rblockells
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by rblockells » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:15 am

:lol: at the football stadium comment.I know that I regress/devolve when watching the R's from the R Block,but a lot of that can be blamed on deepseahoop.

If by "come a long way in a short time" you mean start pointless wars,have tyrannical governments that enslave their people,pollute the planet in search of profit,destroy other species,and have a Laissez faire attitude to all of the above,because it's just the way things are,then we are not evolving,we are standing still,or worse,regressing.

Spiritof76
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Spiritof76 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:12 am

DAVEf wrote:It's not "depressing" for me.

We are what we are and have come a long way in a short time. That is surely something to be proud of? However, to ignore what we are so often causes pain and emotional distress to folk who so want to be not what they are and are disappointed (in themselves and others) when they get "let down". No doubt (if we survive as a race) we'll continue to evolve and "better" ourselves but just now we only have a thin veneer of what some might describe as civilisation and most of what we do is driven by instinct (however much we might try to cover that up).

What, a bit like Australia?
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 am

Spiritof76 wrote:
DAVEf wrote:It's not "depressing" for me.

What, a bit like Australia?
And even that thin veneer will evaporate tomorrow, what with it being Australia Day! :wink:
Question everything.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 pm

rblockells wrote:There are plenty of resources on this planet to go round,whatever the mainstream media scare stories may tell us.
That's a big statement that none of us are in a position to know, so I hope you're not regurgitating something that came from the like of Alex Jones. What we do know is that the population of the world is ever on the increase while natural resources and farmable land are decreasing.

Now while it may or may not be true, but in order for the worlds resources to actually go around it will almost certainly mean a lot of levelling going on where the "have's" become the "have less" and the "have nots" of the world become "have's" like the rich 10% of the world.

We are currently the "have's", and the reason we have is because we are (and always have been) lead by the greedy "elite". Maybe this Bilderburg group really is running the world, the fact is they aren't the only ones benefitting, we all are, and at the great expense of the unfortunate others.

F*ck this Bilderburg bollocks. We are the greedy elite of this world and the question you should ask yourself is what are you prepared to sacrifice (in fact, do you truely understand what you must sacrifice) to put it right?