Linda Norgrove 'incident'

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Exile
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Exile » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 pm

To compare W13 to the likes of Wikileaks and a journalist is frankly laughable.

Yes there are a lot of people out there who will search for the truth, but he isn't one of them.

I appreciate that you think Lee was ott, but if you go through the whole history of our esteemed eejit I think you'll find he was being rather fair.
Apols to Jake Burns

Gimme a Rangers that's got back the Great
a race of winners not left in a State
And only the helpless get left at the gate
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

Cos, I'm all right, I'm all right
QPR, fly the flag

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:00 pm

Exile wrote:To compare W13 to the likes of Wikileaks and a journalist is frankly laughable.

Yes there are a lot of people out there who will search for the truth, but he isn't one of them.

I appreciate that you think Lee was ott, but if you go through the whole history of our esteemed eejit I think you'll find he was being rather fair.
I didn't and in this case I thought Lee was off-target with his rant, that's all.

willo
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by willo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Lee Gib wrote:You are turning this message board into a f****** laughing stock. Please just give it a rest.
Who is laughing at the board? As useful as it is to us it is not a major world platform for debate. And why is asking a perfectly legitimate question that many are asking an issue?

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:14 pm

thanks for your comments Droop Street

Lee - As much as you may dislike my posts or disagree with my opinions being abusive and name calling is a pretty childish and pointless response.

Despite disagreeing with many different members on here about a whole range of different topics I do not think I have resorted to low level abuse.

This is a message board full of very different people and all sorts of different opinions and I think that is something that is a positive for all our members and not an embarrassment.

gblockpete
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by gblockpete » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I think I recall Jeremy Paxman asking the very same questions on Newsnight.

I suppose he's a c*nt as well?

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Droop, what like W13 is our very own super sleuth or something, relentless in his pursuit to expose war time corruption from the dangerous front lines ....of his basement? Do me a favour. Whatever you do, do not place keyboard warriors like W13 in the same category as journalists or whistle blowers, people who may actually be interested in the truth. W13 has not “helped to unravel some nasty shit”. At all. Ever. He’s stirred a fair bit, talked lots of it however he’s never quite unraveled any. Corruption busting is difficult to do if the only place you look is Google.

gblock, did Jeremy Paxman say "You know them soldiers that risked their lives to save her, they're not heroes, they're just killers"? I'm sure he didn't as he's not that arrogant. But in answer to your question, if he did then yes, that's exactly what he is (which if you read it properly, is exactly why W13 got that response).

W13, which comments are you thanking Droopstreet for exactly, calling you a nutter, a shit stirrer or a keyboard warrior? You have some extreme views, you should expect an extreme response every now and then. This kind of vitriolic reaction has been coming and if it hadn't been me it would have been someone else. Stan deserves some credit for showing restraint after 60 pages of your goading. You've been acting like a kid on here for months, so now don't expect to be treated like an adult.

For those of you who appear to be offended by my use of a naughty word for whom it was not intended, or who seem to be getting offended on W13's behalf, then I am genuinely sorry. W13, get over it. If, in the need of free speech, you're prepared to piss people off that much then you should prepare yourself to be sworn at by some pissed off people.

gblockpete
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by gblockpete » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:04 pm

I ain't offended by the c word.

I just don't think he deserves it.

He's obviously touched a nerve with you though.

Shame.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:27 pm

Lee Gib wrote:Stan deserves some credit for showing restraint after 60 pages of your goading.
well you know what they say, give 'em enough rope & they'll hang themselves :)
next year, we'll be champions..

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Lee its not me that's needs getting over anything , perhaps you should ask yourself why you managed to get yourself so worked up and felt the need to swear and be abusive towards me. Did it have the desired effect? Make yourself feel better?

And to commend Stan for 'showing restraint' - poor choice.