Linda Norgrove 'incident'

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Linda Norgrove 'incident'

Post by W13hoop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Well well well our trusty allies may have killed Linda with a Grenade and not by a suicide vest of one of the captors as was the original story peddled by the authorities.

This raises a number of questions.

Why was this not a sole SAS operation as Linda was a British citizen?

What are the circumstances that lead to a grenade being used?

Why were we told that she was killed by her captors? and what has caused the sudden and dramatic turnaround in story?

Hague has a rather large egg on his face not what he needed after his recent room sharing affair.

War is ugly we know that but this death surely could have been avoided.

The would be heroes appear to be the would be killers - I feel for the poor woman's family , what on earth must they be thinking now.

RIP

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:07 pm

Have you read Aesop's fables?
Locum meum praecepta mea

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:10 pm

You are turning this message board into a flipping laughing stock. Please just give it a rest.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Linda Norgrove 'incident'

Post by Stan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:14 pm

I suppose we need a full & independent public inquiry over this.
next year, we'll be champions..

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:07 pm

W13hoop wrote:Well well well our trusty allies may have killed Linda with a Grenade and not by a suicide vest of one of the captors as was the original story peddled by the authorities.

This raises a number of questions.

Why were we told that she was killed by her captors? and what has caused the sudden and dramatic turnaround in story?

Hague has a rather large egg on his face not what he needed after his recent room sharing affair.

The would be heroes appear to be the would be killers - I feel for the poor woman's family , what on earth must they be thinking now.

RIP
Here’s a few questions it ‘raises’:

1. What the feck do you know about these kidnappers?
2. What do you know about hostage negotiations?
3. What do you know about Special Forces?
4. What do you know about the circumstances in this case (e.g. the location, layout of the building/area)?
5. How do you know if this death could have been avoided?

Just a few for starters, but don’t worry. I already know the answers.

I don’t know what is your problem, but why has everything got to be some kind of hidden, dark and dirty conspiracy with you?

“The would be heroes appear to be the would be killers”?? Did you really say that you pathetic little c*nt? Do you have any idea what those men went through, what they risked to save the life of this innocent woman? Or in fact what these men and women go through everyday in these conflicts doing what they believe is the right thing for people like you? Of course you don’t because you are a sad pathetic keyboard warrior with no concept of real life banging the drum of righteousness from the comfort of your armchair. For people like you the real world exists only on you tube.

Have you seen what happens to the victims of kidnapping at the hands of Islamic fundies? I’m sure you have, you spend enough time on the web watching videos. I can just imagine you whinging now if she’d been executed and Hague had not given the order. You’d have probably blamed the allies for being there in the first place. ‘Egg on his face..’ ? For fack sake he gave authorisation in an attempt to save her life. Easy to criticise after the event from the keyboard isn’t it.

You ask questions, but you don’t really want answers. You have no idea how these things work so the answers will be lost on you, and besides all you’ll do is scour your conspiracy sites for a rebuttal. No, you just ask because you’re just a troll and a shit stirrer and you need to grow up.

Apologies DG

AndyB
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by AndyB » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap aniclap

DG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DG » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Absolutely no apology required Lee.
Locum meum praecepta mea

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Lose the aggression Lee its not a good look.

Have I offended you in some way? are you in the military? If so maybe you could enlighten us as to what this situation may have been like.

The use of a grenade to me seems likes lunacy but as you said what do I know about these type of operations im just a civilian.

I guess unless you have been there seen it done it you shouldn't be allowed to even speak about these things.

Don't you find it a little troubling that our government can be made to look like complete idiots because of the lies of our US allies?

Don't you think the family of Linda Norgrove deserve a little better ?

The reason I said Hague has egg on his face is because incase you didn't notice he was telling the world 2 days ago that she was killed by her captors and now 2 days later it would seem that is not the case - its a bit of a turn around.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:33 pm

it's all about one up manship to you. How you can dare pretend you give a shit about Linda Norgrove or her parents is shocking. You're only interested in making the Americans & William Hague look bad.
next year, we'll be champions..

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:36 pm

I do feel for her and her family but I would not expect you to understand how that is possible.

Its called empathy Stan - something you have none of.

Micky
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Micky » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Its called empathy
Really?

AndyB
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by AndyB » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 pm

So what's your beef with this one then W13?

Leaving aside the emotional situation (which I'm sure is easy for you despite what you say) - are you just querying a possible botched rescue attempt or that there is something else about the whole thing, possibly unrelated to the girl that died?

Smiler
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Smiler » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:59 am

The reason I said Hague has egg on his face is because incase you didn't notice he was telling the world 2 days ago that she was killed by her captors and now 2 days later it would seem that is not the case - its a bit of a turn around.[/quote]

Can you not take something away from the fact that yes they did release the wrong information..... But when the Government found out what actually happened, they held a press confrence explaining?

It would have been much easier to blame the Islamic militants.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:06 pm

Offended me? No, you’ve just pushed a button. It is so obvious that you have no idea of what went on here (which can be said about most of your threads) but you just can’t help yourself. You have to just blurt out the first pile of shite that pops into your head without thinking. None of us can know what it’s like to be in such a situation, but the rest of us aren’t standing on our soap box pretending we do.

Hague is a politician. I’m sure he would not have made any decision without some advisement. Unless Hague donned his combats and led the operation he’s probably only relaying the information he was supplied by US forces. These things can be messy. The wrong information was released but was corrected within a day. That is called transparency, you know, that thing you’ve spent the last few months on here moaning about the lack of. I don’t see a problem there but then again I’m not looking for one...

Why has our government been made to look like idiots? This took place in an American area of operation. Do you not think that perhaps they might have known the area better and had more solid intelligence than the Brits?

Do I “think the family of Linda Norgrove deserve a little better”. The men who carried out this operation were Americans and they risked their own lives to save her. Her family will be upset right now, but they will be honoured that such sacrifice took place for their loved one. Mind you, I’m sure they’d love to know that her death is being used by a conspiracy theorist for a bit of cheap point scoring on a football message board, so please don’t pretend that you care about her or her family. Yeah, she really does deserve better....

It was an operation that went wrong, end of. There’s no hidden agenda, unfortunately it’s just the way it goes sometimes. These men f*cking deserve medals, not ridicule from arseholes like you. Perhaps you should appreciate that such brave men and women have existed throughout our history protecting your right to come on here and call them murderers. Oh the irony.

For your next topic, try putting yourself in the position of the people you’re slagging off and THINK before typing.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Lee Gib wrote:

Here’s a few questions it ‘raises’:

1. What the feck do you know about these kidnappers?
2. What do you know about hostage negotiations?
3. What do you know about Special Forces?
4. What do you know about the circumstances in this case (e.g. the location, layout of the building/area)?
5. How do you know if this death could have been avoided?

Just a few for starters, but don’t worry. I already know the answers.

I don’t know what is your problem, but why has everything got to be some kind of hidden, dark and dirty conspiracy with you?

“The would be heroes appear to be the would be killers”?? Did you really say that you pathetic little c*nt? Do you have any idea what those men went through, what they risked to save the life of this innocent woman? Or in fact what these men and women go through everyday in these conflicts doing what they believe is the right thing for people like you? Of course you don’t because you are a sad pathetic keyboard warrior with no concept of real life banging the drum of righteousness from the comfort of your armchair. For people like you the real world exists only on you tube.

Have you seen what happens to the victims of kidnapping at the hands of Islamic fundies? I’m sure you have, you spend enough time on the web watching videos. I can just imagine you whinging now if she’d been executed and Hague had not given the order. You’d have probably blamed the allies for being there in the first place. ‘Egg on his face..’ ? For fack sake he gave authorisation in an attempt to save her life. Easy to criticise after the event from the keyboard isn’t it.

You ask questions, but you don’t really want answers. You have no idea how these things work so the answers will be lost on you, and besides all you’ll do is scour your conspiracy sites for a rebuttal. No, you just ask because you’re just a troll and a shit stirrer and you need to grow up.

Apologies DG
It certainly does raise some questions Lee. Was the initial report a mistake or a botched cover-up? They've lied before (Pat Tillman)why is it so hard to think they might have again? W13 may be a bit of a nutter, but you've no more idea how "these things work" than he does.

nor do I agree that "what these men and women go through everyday in these conflicts believing it is the right thing to" many don't (Tillman certainly didn't) and they are there because their governments sent them there. It isn't beyond doubt that these very same heroes could have lied - yes, you've guessed it they have before

After initially claiming that two pregnant women and a teenage girl killed in a US Special Forces raid on an Afghan home in Khataba in February had been discovered by the Americans bound and slain, the US military has admitted that they were actually shot and killed by those US troops - who then tried to cover up their "mistake" by carving the bullets out of the bodies with knives, removing other incriminating bullets from the compound's walls and then washing away the bloody evidence with alcohol.
http://www.truth-out.org/obamas-war-dea ... llers58391

In this new, grisly version of the story issued from the US command in Afghanistan, it was a case of the Special Forces Unit lying to superiors about what had transpired in their botched raid, which also killed an Afghan police commander and a government prosecutor.

As for w13 being a shit stirrer, well somebody has to or else the shit just settles and none of us get to see what's underneath.

Pat Tillman's mother:
Mary responded, "The documentary in part is to try to present Pat as a human being and not this caricature that was created. But the biggest reason for this documentary is to point out the horrible way that he was used. His death was lied about by the military, by the government. But he's not an isolated incident. This happens on a regular basis. It's a systemic problem. It's not isolated to the Bush Administration. It's happened for years. And it's tolerated."

She continued, "Troops (are) being killed and the military lies to the family about what really happened."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/ ... 7262.shtml

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... lties.html

I could do a W13 and find a host of other examples showing where "keyboard warriors" or journalists, feeders of wikileaks etc have helped to unravel some nasty shit, but then if people really want answers I guess they'd do the research themselves, or at least refrain from calling people c*unts until they know what they are talking about.

apologies DG