Israel/Palestine poll

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Given your view of what you know about the subject, are you:

Pro Israel
11%
Pro Palestine
46%
Think they are as bad as each other
22%
Don't know enough to choose
11%
Don't care
9%

Total votes: 54

Exile
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Exile » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Majority don't give a flying f**k, but then like most things you choose to ignore that.
Apols to Jake Burns

Gimme a Rangers that's got back the Great
a race of winners not left in a State
And only the helpless get left at the gate
Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme

Cos, I'm all right, I'm all right
QPR, fly the flag

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Maths not your forte then Exile !? :shock:

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:32 pm

Or...only 40% in support of Palestine. Not exactly devastating.

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:58 pm

10 in support of Palestine

2 in support of Israel

= 5 x more support for Palestine.

Its not that difficult.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:07 pm

You're seeing what you want to see and sidestepping what you don't. You defined in a nutshell methinks :lol:

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:27 pm

no Lee when comparing support for the two sides its a pretty simple equation.

If you and Exile cant see that then you should go get the calculator out.

Or perhaps you don't want to see what this little poll actually shows ?

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm

W13hoop wrote:Or perhaps you don't want to see what this little poll actually shows ?
I'll tell you what it shows me.

A poll was started in relation to an topic that you think is the critical issue standing in the way of world peace. Twenty five people responded. Just 25. I'd guess that's about 1% of the hundreds of members of this board (pure guess but I reckon it won't be far off). Only 25 people could be arsed to open the page and click a mouse button, and out of those 25 that could be arsed some actually clicked to say they can't be arsed. :lol:

When you say:
good to see the good people of dot org showing support in the poll for Palestine.
...you're talking about 10 people and when you consider I was one of them (being one who could never agree with you and your anti Israeli rhetoric), it puts it into perspective considering the hundreds of members of this forum. If you think this poll has somehow legitimised your extreme anti Israeli stance, you're delusional. Unfortunately, your biased perspective will only allow you to see the what you want to see here and ignore everything else, a constant in all your arguments.

This poll shows me that 99.9% of all dotorgers don't give a toss. :lol:

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:02 pm

W13hoop wrote:no Lee when comparing support for the two sides its a pretty simple equation.

If you and Exile cant see that then you should go get the calculator out.

Or perhaps you don't want to see what this little poll actually shows ?
I'll forward this poll to Bibi. He's bound to change govt policy immediately :lol: :lol:
next year, we'll be champions..

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:29 am

What the poll shows is that only 27 people (assuming no-one has voted more than once) are arrogant enough to think they know enough to vote --- or care enough to bother voting.

Why not have a poll on who'd be man enough to go over and pick up a gun to support the side they believe is in the right? eangel

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 am

DAVEf wrote:What the poll shows is that only 27 people (assuming no-one has voted more than once) are arrogant enough to think they know enough to vote --- or care enough to bother voting.

Why not have a poll on who'd be man enough to go over and pick up a gun to support the side they believe is in the right? eangel
A bit strong don't you think? After all these things are usually called 'Opinion' Polls which invariably precludes the need for an informed position of any kind! :wink:
Question everything.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 am

DAVEf wrote:What the poll shows is that only 27 people (assuming no-one has voted more than once) are arrogant enough to think they know enough to vote --- or care enough to bother voting.

Aw that's a bit harsh Dave. After all, plenty of us were "arrogant enough to think we knew enough" to have our say in that thread, you included I recall. :wink:

Remember though, this is the IS forum. Knowledge is irrelevant. :lol:

DAVEf
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by DAVEf » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Lee Gib wrote:

Aw that's a bit harsh Dave. After all, plenty of us were "arrogant enough to think we knew enough" to have our say in that thread, you included I recall. :wink:

Remember though, this is the IS forum. Knowledge is irrelevant. :lol:
"Harsh" is a bit ---- harsh? :P

I just thought it'd be interesting to compare the all-talk, no-do generation with, say those who rushed to join both sides in the Spanish civil war.

And for absolutely no sensible reason which is surely, as you say, perfectly acceptable in this BS forum. eangel

Fraggy
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Fraggy » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 pm

Is there a possibility that this thread may be linked to another forum to support one persons views as being correct or another being incorrect?

Just wondering before I decided on my vote as I wouldn't want to be accused on some other forum of supporting or not supporting a cause that needs supporting or not supporting.

Maybe a poll just to clarify this predicament could be set up.... DG?
Lovely Day, Lovely Day, lov, lov lov Lov Lovely DayyyyyyyyyyImage

W13hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by W13hoop » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Lee I don't need a message board to 'legitimise' my stance as you put it.
In fact my opinion is something that is mine, it doesn't need legitimising just like your doesn't.

You say you could never agree with my 'anti israel rhetoric' - can I ask why that is ?

You and Stan might call me Biased but don't you see I and many others on here think exactly the same about you.

Israel and its supporters are friendless.

Dave since when was it arrogant to voice an opinion ? :roll:

This is not about picking up weapons for one side or the other , its about occupation vs resistance.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:37 pm

W13hoop wrote:

Israel and its supporters are friendless.
like fvck we are. To start with most of the largest religion on earth are four square behind us. Now what ever your opinion on religion is is irelevant. The influence of christianity is huge & indisputable.

Second off, America in general is four square behind us. Earlier on this year the American publics support for Israel reached an all time high.

Thirdly, India & the Hindus are foursquare behind us. India is the largest democracy in the world. It has easily as much influence as Europe now, & in the years to come it's influence will dwarf that of Europes.

The Europeans are split on the issue, but Europe & her opinions mean didly squat in today's world.

Admittedly the Brits are generally anti, but who gives a shit about what Britain thinks nowadays? Nobody in particular. I say that without trying to cause offence.

Let's look at the amount of people visiting Israel this year. If Israel was friendless, you would have thought that not many people would visit her. Well it's been a record year for tourism, 3 million plus visitors so far & if you think that's only Jews visiting Israel, you're crazy.

On a different note. According to you "Ashkenazi Jews" (that's European Jews for those of you who dont know) are an "evil tribe" according to you. Your own words. That's tantamount to saying something like "all Muslims are terrorists" or "all Blacks are muggers". It's the language of a racist.
W13hoop wrote:
no other word but evil can best describe this tribe.
Your opinion is built on hate. Not fairness, or a sense of right or wrong. Just hate. The Palestinians are your current weapon of choice. How else can branding a whole race, or religion, as "evil" be construed as anything else.
next year, we'll be champions..