Israel/Palestine poll

For stuff that can only sensibly reside here. You have been warned. HERE LIVETH TROLLS!

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Given your view of what you know about the subject, are you:

Pro Israel
11%
Pro Palestine
46%
Think they are as bad as each other
22%
Don't know enough to choose
11%
Don't care
9%

Total votes: 54

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 pm

There's a minority of Israelis who believe their country is wrong in how it treats Palestinians.

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 pm

avigar wrote:
deepseahoop wrote:
avigar wrote:Last point:

"Middle East will at last be peaceful without foreign interference"...

Are you serious?

Israel isn't involved in Iraq, Syria etc and there are daily massacres, suicides bombings and violent outbreaks. ISIS beheading journalists, sex slaves, rape and killings happening every day.
One of you singing there's only one of you singing!
Ooh suddenly your point of view seems to be increasingly the minority one and this will increase until finally after all these years something is done about this nastily little regime you support. If Israel had just kept quiet and not tried to grow at the expense of Its neighbours and openly installed a racist apartheid system the world may have accepted the mistake and we could have all got along. Alas not, oh no Zionism wouldn't allow that so who knows what will happen next, major economic cutbacks in support or even a full on war with IS amassing American weapons not that far away at a faster rate than Israel. If you think they'll get away with this you

My view has always been that of a minority and most probably will always be. Rather than just reiterate this ludicrous analogy the pro-Hamas PR machine continually repeat again and again why don't you go to Israel and see for yourself. You say that its "a nastily little regime and a racist apartheid system". Ironically, I just came back from touring the Middle East and I failed to see any sort of racial segregation. What I did notice was that I spent time in Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and in the Dead Sea where alongside jewish people there were Arabs, Christians and Druze all treated the same way with the same rights.

Israel is the only liberal democracy and an open society in the middle east where all ethnic and racial groups share equal rights and are actively participating in the political process. The list of reasons explaining how Israel isn't an apartheid state is endless and I have no intentions in going through them.
Yep you and Stan are in the minority, you didn't perhaps used to be but the world has woken up to this nasty little puppet state and the momentum is with stopping Israel from its relentless abuse. Democracy, open society! The worlds opinion is a polar opposite and they have no one to blame but themselves.
Crying won't help you praying won't do you no good

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 pm

Interesting that the US and UK are so intent on engaging IS, is this because they now realise they are the second largest armed force after Israel in the area and that there will be one inevitable holy flipping war soon.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:59 am

Anyone fancy defending this latest Israeli land grab? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29008045

An absolutley despicable act. Israel has no shame.

deepseahoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deepseahoop » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Inviting Netanyahu to the show on unity last week cheapened it and also made it seem anti Muslim not anti terrorist, he's the flipping terrorist.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:41 pm

& I suppose that tin pot dictator who's term expired years ago & has journalists imprisoned on a regular basis & celebrates murderers by naming streets & squares after them was a welcome addition to the show of unity. Ha.
next year, we'll be champions..