Lyndon Dykes watch

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Re: Lyndon Dykes watch

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:08 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:06 am
dm wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm
Ivan Toney is just one of a number of good strikers Peterborough United have sold on in recent years such as Dwight Gayle and Britt Assombalonga. This season they've got Jonson Clarke-Harris who is the Division 1 leading scorer.

How come we ended up with Conor Washington?
One of the great imponderables. Would we have seen a different Conor if he had been coached and played in the present team?
Maybe, though I think he is probably at his level now in Division one. He has never been prolific at any point in his career, so probably not.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:40 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:08 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:06 am
dm wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:26 pm
Ivan Toney is just one of a number of good strikers Peterborough United have sold on in recent years such as Dwight Gayle and Britt Assombalonga. This season they've got Jonson Clarke-Harris who is the Division 1 leading scorer.

How come we ended up with Conor Washington?
One of the great imponderables. Would we have seen a different Conor if he had been coached and played in the present team?
Maybe, though I think he is probably at his level now in Division one. He has never been prolific at any point in his career, so probably not.
Its an interesting debate. I saw pretty much all of Washington's home games for us and there were two vital ingredients which were just lacking. 1. Electric pace over the first 10m and 2. Natural finishing. Interestingly Charlie Austin doesn't have 1. but he has 2. And it sets him apart.

How do people see Dykes, Bonne and Kelman developing in the above two ways next season ?
Come on you Sooopa ........

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:00 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:40 pm
1. Electric pace over the first 10m and 2. Natural finishing. Interestingly Charlie Austin doesn't have 1. but he has 2. And it sets him apart.

How do people see Dykes, Bonne and Kelman developing in the above two ways next season ?
Dykes - on point 1 he has no pace over 10m and is not a natural finisher. @25 he's not gonna improve either
Bonne - on point 1 he has a little pace but is also not a natural goalscorer Again at 25 he's not going to improve massively
Kelman - does have pace over 10 metres; we simply haven't seen enough of the young man to form any real assessment

On my way to getting my jab on Saturday I randomly ran into another R en-route to the surgery. A well informed and educated
supporter who agreed with me on my points above. He's less hostile about Dykes but still sees no future for him at Loftus Road
Staff Benda Bilili