Todd Kane

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Todd Kane

Post by old pauline » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:22 pm

Surely he will get some stick from his team mates for this
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:52 am

This really is not helpful.

Todd Kane is not the most popular player among QPR fans (scroll back through this board to see evidence of that), and this little spat will do nothing to improve his standing. In recent years QPR have had a lot of disharmony in the dressing room (think back to the Joey Barton years) and yet, there have been signs in recent weeks of a growing bond among the players - just look at the goal celebrations. Todd Kane might just have set that back a few steps.

I would add that Kane's comments might come back to haunt him. If Osman Kakay needed any additional motivation to force his way into a the starting eleven, he has just been handed it on a plate. If Kakay starts, then almost certainly Kane does not.

The team selection against Coventry on Good Friday will be very interesting.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:53 am

It was a stupid comment from an average footballer.

The fact that the interview has been pulled can only have came on instruction from the club. I doubt they’ll be impressed with him.

What a contrast to Charlie Austin and some of the other good pros we have around the place...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm

He's a prick like a lot of modern footballers unfortunately...but I prefer him in the team to Kakay at the moment.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Damien wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm
...but I prefer him in the team to Kakay at the moment.
Really? Kakay isn't perfect by a long chalk but I feel he makes fewer mistakes and produces better crosses than Kane.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:38 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:18 pm
Damien wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm
...but I prefer him in the team to Kakay at the moment.
Really? Kakay isn't perfect by a long chalk but I feel he makes fewer mistakes and produces better crosses than Kane.
I think Kakay is probably better going forward, but suspect on defence. Kane's the better of the two imo (given his experience he should be), but neither strike me with much confidence.