Todd Kane

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Todd Kane

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:56 pm

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Todd Kane

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Seems a real bright spark doesn't he ? That said, I guess it's what footballers do on the pitch that concerns us.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:57 pm

I was trying to work out what he was saying at the start.
"So for example, I've got Ozzie (Kakay) in front of me; Like, I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him."
What's the actual context here or was it just Kane being salty?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:52 pm

Have a look on LFW, Clive has the full text on there.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:01 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:57 pm
"So for example, I've got Ozzie (Kakay) in front of me; Like, I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him."
Apparently, this is what Kane said: "Of course, you always need competition because someone's always gonna be there to take your shirt. Say, for example, I've got Ozzy in front of me. I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him. With my experience, the way I can play... alright last season might not have been great but I have my reasons why. Everybody saying "he's better than Toddy Kane blah blah blah" I take it on the chin, it is what it is, but realistically I aint getting a club putting in a £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd for nothing. You know what I mean? When somebody is playing in the Scottish second league. No disrespect to him, but it puts a bit of fire in my belly."

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:41 pm

Sheffield United must be desperate for a player who can hit the first defender with virtually every attempt at a cross
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:24 pm

He might know the game inside out but he hasn't worked himself and his inferiority complex out yet.
Come on you Sooopa ........

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:14 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:01 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Apparently, this is what Kane said: "Of course, you always need competition because someone's always gonna be there to take your shirt. Say, for example, I've got Ozzy in front of me. I'm 27, I know the game inside out, I know that, no disrespect, I'm a better player than him. With my experience, the way I can play... alright last season might not have been great but I have my reasons why. Everybody saying "he's better than Toddy Kane blah blah blah" I take it on the chin, it is what it is, but realistically I aint getting a club putting in a £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd for nothing. You know what I mean? When somebody is playing in the Scottish second league. No disrespect to him, but it puts a bit of fire in my belly."
Cheers DM.

What's all this business about £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd then?
EDIT: Just seen. He was talking about how he was linked with them once upon a time - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... 1614465613

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:26 am

“It is better to keep one’s mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:28 am

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:14 pm
dm wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:01 pm
deadendjob wrote:

Cheers DM.

What's all this business about £13m bid to go to Sheff Utd then?
EDIT: Just seen. He was talking about how he was linked with them once upon a time - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... 1614465613
That still makes no sense to me. Sheff Utd would only have had that kind of money to spend after promotion to the Premier League two years ago. Is he seriously suggesting that anyone offered £13M for him based on his performances over that period ? Or that Chelsea or QPR wouldn't have bitten the hand off any club daft enough to have done so ?

That's some next level delusion there.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:42 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:28 am
That still makes no sense to me. Sheff Utd would only have had that kind of money to spend after promotion to the Premier League two years ago. Is he seriously suggesting that anyone offered £13M for him based on his performances over that period ? Or that Chelsea or QPR wouldn't have bitten the hand off any club daft enough to have done so ?

That's some next level delusion there.
Kane's ludicrous claim has caused a great deal of mirth and puzzlement. Given there's a fair amount of social media chatter about this interview, the other question is whether the club will want to address what Kane's said about a team colleague and what they might do. A player shouldn't be making public statements about a fellow player as he's done.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am

old pauline wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:24 pm
He might know the game inside out
No he doesn't
Staff Benda Bilili

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:34 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am
old pauline wrote:
No he doesn't
Correct. No one does at 27. It is a stupid thing to say. The annoying thing is, he has been far better this season than last (from what I've seen of him). Whether he's better than Kakay is not his call and it won't do much for team cohesion. But we all know that most footballers are not the sharpest tacks in the box so let's cut him some slack. Who of us hasn't said the odd stupid thing now and then? The trouble for him is that he broadcast it.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:43 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:12 am
old pauline wrote:
No he doesn't

He should be more worried about getting turned inside out. He's been better in recent weeks but he's been pretty poor for most of his time here. I don't think the club should do anything, Kakay should tell him he's a prick and hopefully, it spurs him on to win his place back, i know who i'd prefer to see turn out for the club.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:34 pm

I think Kane has chewed more than he can bite off.