Oodersfield match thead

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Wegerle » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:56 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Huddersfield playing a bit like Barnsley. We find it difficult playing against energetic, pressing teams.
Surely a lesson in there somewhere
I think there is. We find it easier playing against high flying, technically better teams than against mid-table teams that bustle us around for 90.minutes. We need a plan B for playing these teams.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10924
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:08 pm

We are struggling at home since the Lock-down at LR(not the only ones either).We look a better outfit on the road TBH. Not enough goals in the team to worry the top half of the table I'm sorry to say. But we have enough to keep ourselves out of danger...and that is all we can really hope for.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10924
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:04 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:56 pm
Wegerle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Huddersfield playing a bit like Barnsley. We find it difficult playing against energetic, pressing teams.
Surely a lesson in there somewhere
I think there is. We find it easier playing against high flying, technically better teams than against mid-table teams that bustle us around for 90.minutes. We need a plan B for playing these teams.
Agree.It's a pattern the supporters can see - why can't MW?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10924
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm
rtastic wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm
We are not the most clinical but easy on the eye !!! Really ?
Playing far too deep not direct enough not pacey enough ,It's alright playing pretty football but you need To make the keeper work one shot the whole game so far not good enough
Take a leaf out of Barnsley's book
Yes, really. Some of the moves in the first half were lovely. The interplay between Willock and Chair, the passing. By 'at the moment', I meant that passage of play. We're clearly a work in progress and I enjoyed watching that very much. But as I said, we're also not clinical. But yes, let's abandon the style of football we've been playing, largely effectively, since January because Barnsley are the team of the moment.
I prefer effective, winning football to pretty triangles going nowhere pesonally. A happy mixture of both is what we need to be aiming for. We looked tired today and they didn't... having had a longer rest between games. This was probably a factor too on today's poor second half performance.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5592
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:15 pm

First half we were nice on the eye but they had more chances than us ....

Shame Kane put the ball in the only place where the keeper could have saved it...

Second half we were really poor and they were worth their 3 points, we were lucky it wasn't 2 or 3 - 0 instead...

Still some kind results gives us a bit of a buffer from the relegation zone...

Onwards....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5890
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Rbee » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:16 pm

Although it's great to field an unchanged/almost unchanged team game after game you have to look at your opposition before the game and adjust as the game unfolds.

Before the game I looked at the team and was concerned that our midfield would struggle. Johansen and Field supported by the floating Chair and Willock didn't seem enough. Until recently Cameron and Ball were both playing.

We certainly struggled to get hold of the game in the first half and when Huddersfield noticed that we made no alterations at half time they acted quickly making a double substitution six minutes in to the second half to press home their advantage. Our changes came much later.

Personally I would have brought on Ball pretty sharpish, bolster our midfield, get back in the game and take it from there but in reality we changed little and paid the price.

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm
Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm
rtastic wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm
We are not the most clinical but easy on the eye !!! Really ?
Playing far too deep not direct enough not pacey enough ,It's alright playing pretty football but you need To make the keeper work one shot the whole game so far not good enough
Take a leaf out of Barnsley's book
Yes, really. Some of the moves in the first half were lovely. The interplay between Willock and Chair, the passing. By 'at the moment', I meant that passage of play. We're clearly a work in progress and I enjoyed watching that very much. But as I said, we're also not clinical. But yes, let's abandon the style of football we've been playing, largely effectively, since January because Barnsley are the team of the moment.
I prefer effective, winning football to pretty triangles going nowhere pesonally. A happy mixture of both is what we need to be aiming for. We looked tired today and they didn't... having had a longer rest between games. This was probably a factor too on today's poor second half performance.
Don't disagree that we need a plan B and to be able to mix it up. I guess I'm just trying to be realistic - we're probably doing better than we should be given our finances and the personnel change. Those pretty triangles, as I said, have actually been pretty effective in other games. I want us to win as well, obviously. But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5371
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by 222gers » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Very disappointing. When our passing game isn't bearing fruit we need someone who can take opponents on and create chances for themselves.
Charlie's touch wasn't there today.
Never mind, bring on the Wall on Wednesday.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5890
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Rbee » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm
Those pretty triangles, as I said, have actually been pretty effective in other games.
Mainly away from home when the onus is on the home team to attack

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by nic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:40 pm

Funny to say it, but I thought we missed Ball today.

He would have given us more control in midfield and perhaps caught the run that led to the goal.

It was not a bad starting line up but I don’t understand why we didn’t make changes 15 mins earlier to put more pressure on their back 4.

Poor management today.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by nic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Yes. But playing two up front takes a bit of the pressure off Charlie. Willock and Chair is exciting but a forested up with Charlie will lead to more goals ...

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1741
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by QPR-NI » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:46 pm

The good results are down to the manager, so we can’t turn on him when we don’t perform.

However, we obviously lack physicality when playing larger stronger though not technically as good teams. Our quality of players are such that this won’t change.

Being 5’2” has its disadvantages when teams have strong direct players.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5890
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Rbee » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:48 pm

Ball on, Kakay off I think would of worked giving Chair and Willock more time to create for Charlie.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10924
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:15 pm
First half we were nice on the eye but they had more chances than us ....

Shame Kane put the ball in the only place where the keeper could have saved it...

Second half we were really poor and they were worth their 3 points, we were lucky it wasn't 2 or 3 - 0 instead...

Still some kind results gives us a bit of a buffer from the relegation zone...

Onwards....
Yep. Nothing much has changed down the bottom. Be nice to get level with Millwall again...but it will be tough as well.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10924
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:28 pm

QPR-NI wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:46 pm
The good results are down to the manager, so we can’t turn on him when we don’t perform.

However, we obviously lack physicality when playing larger stronger though not technically as good teams. Our quality of players are such that this won’t change.

Being 5’2” has its disadvantages when teams have strong direct players.
Are we really "technically better" than those around us in the bottom half? I'm not so sure. You need to earn the right to play in this LeagueAgree about the physical aspect of some of our players though.

Post Reply