Oodersfield match thead

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:19 pm

Good goal from them, I'd like us to do more shooting from say 15-20 yards out too
Staff Benda Bilili

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by nic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:23 pm

They are so deep. We either need genuine width, which means pushing Kane and Wallace higher up the pitch and trust the three at the back.

Or we take off a centre back, go four at the back and put Macca on so we have more forwards in the box and push them back.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by carrotstick » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:24 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:17 pm
I have no idea how we're losing this.
It might have something to do with not having any shots on target

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:35 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:24 pm
Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:17 pm
I have no idea how we're losing this.
It might have something to do with not having any shots on target
One actually. But yes, nowhere near clinical enough.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1394
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:34 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by carrotstick » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:35 pm
carrotstick wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:24 pm
Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:17 pm
I have no idea how we're losing this.
It might have something to do with not having any shots on target
One actually. But yes, nowhere near clinical enough.
That wasn’t a shot, it was a back pass.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by nic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Charlie’s finishing is great. But his all round game ... I think that is eight misplaced passes today. It’s hard to build attacks when your forward is doing such a bad job of holding the ball up.

User avatar
rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 206
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by rtastic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm

We are not the most clinical but easy on the eye !!! Really ?
Playing far too deep not direct enough not pacey enough ,It's alright playing pretty football but you need To make the keeper work one shot the whole game so far not good enough
Take a leaf out of Barnsley's book

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:41 pm

Where were all these miserable bastards last weekend?

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Looking like a carbon copy of the Barnsley game... :roll:
Staff Benda Bilili

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm
Location: Sheffield

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm

rtastic wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm
We are not the most clinical but easy on the eye !!! Really ?
Playing far too deep not direct enough not pacey enough ,It's alright playing pretty football but you need To make the keeper work one shot the whole game so far not good enough
Take a leaf out of Barnsley's book
Yes, really. Some of the moves in the first half were lovely. The interplay between Willock and Chair, the passing. By 'at the moment', I meant that passage of play. We're clearly a work in progress and I enjoyed watching that very much. But as I said, we're also not clinical. But yes, let's abandon the style of football we've been playing, largely effectively, since January because Barnsley are the team of the moment.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4860
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Wegerle » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Huddersfield playing a bit like Barnsley. We find it difficult playing against energetic, pressing teams.

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by nic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm
rtastic wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:40 pm
We are not the most clinical but easy on the eye !!! Really ?
Playing far too deep not direct enough not pacey enough ,It's alright playing pretty football but you need To make the keeper work one shot the whole game so far not good enough
Take a leaf out of Barnsley's book
Yes, really. Some of the moves in the first half were lovely. The interplay between Willock and Chair, the passing. By 'at the moment', I meant that passage of play. We're clearly a work in progress and I enjoyed watching that very much. But as I said, we're also not clinical. But yes, let's abandon the style of football we've been playing, largely effectively, since January because Barnsley are the team of the moment.
Fully agree

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:45 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by nic » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:51 pm

We are 1-0 down. 5 mins left. Does anyone understand taking Austin off and leaving all the defenders on?

Madness

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:56 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:50 pm
Huddersfield playing a bit like Barnsley. We find it difficult playing against energetic, pressing teams.
Surely a lesson in there somewhere
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10924
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:03 pm

nic wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:39 pm
Charlie’s finishing is great. But his all round game ... I think that is eight misplaced passes today. It’s hard to build attacks when your forward is doing such a bad job of holding the ball up.
I doubt Dykes did any better when he came on. We don't create enough chances for Chaz...and that is the problem.

Post Reply