Oodersfield match thead

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: Oodersfield match thead

Post by Damien » Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:14 pm
Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Yes, really. Some of the moves in the first half were lovely. The interplay between Willock and Chair, the passing. By 'at the moment', I meant that passage of play. We're clearly a work in progress and I enjoyed watching that very much. But as I said, we're also not clinical. But yes, let's abandon the style of football we've been playing, largely effectively, since January because Barnsley are the team of the moment.
I prefer effective, winning football to pretty triangles going nowhere pesonally. A happy mixture of both is what we need to be aiming for. We looked tired today and they didn't... having had a longer rest between games. This was probably a factor too on today's poor second half performance.
Don't disagree that we need a plan B and to be able to mix it up. I guess I'm just trying to be realistic - we're probably doing better than we should be given our finances and the personnel change. Those pretty triangles, as I said, have actually been pretty effective in other games. I want us to win as well, obviously. But let's not throw out the baby with the bath water.
No argument with that. Think some may have started to look up too soon - we are a "work in progress" for sure. We do need to address the striker situation, and get it right this summer if we are to progress further. Onwards and upwards 8)

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:01 am

I like the 3421 formation but in the last few games, and particularly yesterday, Austin played much of the time behind Willock and Chair. This may work with those two having the energy to press high when we're without the ball, but the obvious negative is not getting Austin into the box soon enough when we're in attacking possession.

It doesn't work. We must surely be maximising Austin's opportunities in front of goal.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Purely hindsight but might have been a game to start Charlie and Johansen from the bench - maybe Chair too. Brought in Dom Ball and Bettache in midfield with Sam Field and played Willcock off Dykes.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:16 pm

What has Bonne done wrong? He has five goals from open play, and all from a lot less game time than Dykes, who of course has four penalties in his total of five goals.

If it were down to me ... I'd be starting Bonne and Charlie and seeing if they can build a partnership. At the moment I'd only use Dykes as a late sub.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Nothing wrong to be fair - in addition to the goals, seems to find good goalscoring positions, even if not the actual finish. Maybe more effective as part of a two up front?

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:51 pm
Purely hindsight but might have been a game to start Charlie and Johansen from the bench - maybe Chair too. Brought in Dom Ball and Bettache in midfield with Sam Field and played Willcock off Dykes.
Quite a lot of hindsight going on there to be honest but let's see what happens against Wall. One thing I'm slightly puzzled about is why he changed the back three. It seems to me that they are up to playing every game (Barbet and Dickie certainly do) so I would have liked to have seen de Wjis or Cameron in there. I would like to see that on Wednesday.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:39 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:51 pm
Devonranger wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:51 pm
Quite a lot of hindsight going on there to be honest but let's see what happens against Wall. One thing I'm slightly puzzled about is why he changed the back three. It seems to me that they are up to playing every game (Barbet and Dickie certainly do) so I would have liked to have seen de Wjis or Cameron in there. I would like to see that on Wednesday.
Warburton explained he brought Kakay in to specifically pick up Campbell. He felt he did that well as Campbell didn't trouble us at all.