A technician who can mix it up

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: A technician who can mix it up

Post by Satch » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:35 pm
Satch wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:53 pm
old pauline wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:29 pm
I thought Holloway played Scowen exactly right and got great service out of him. It was McClaren who he went to pot under.
Early on when Scowen played the defensive roll under Holloway he was good, he then gave him more freedom which he wasn't suited to, when Mclaren tried to revert his role toys were allegedly dispatched from pram. He certainly wasn't good enough to be a box to box player. He got a hard time from fans that wasn't called for but i don't think his attitude was the best towards the end, his discipline went to pot and whilst he scored the odd screamer i won't forget the number of moves that broke down when we were chasing games late on thanks to him shanking it.
Always thought him and Luongo were over- rated TBH.
Yeah, you tend to say that every time his name comes up and i roll my eyes pretty much the same way and remember to disregard what you say about midfielders in the future :)

Luongo was far better than you gave him credit for but not a patch on Faurlin, i really struggle to see what there isn't to rate, one of the classiest players we've had on and off the pitch in the best part of 25 years.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: A technician who can mix it up

Post by Damien » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:58 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:25 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:35 pm
Satch wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Early on when Scowen played the defensive roll under Holloway he was good, he then gave him more freedom which he wasn't suited to, when Mclaren tried to revert his role toys were allegedly dispatched from pram. He certainly wasn't good enough to be a box to box player. He got a hard time from fans that wasn't called for but i don't think his attitude was the best towards the end, his discipline went to pot and whilst he scored the odd screamer i won't forget the number of moves that broke down when we were chasing games late on thanks to him shanking it.
Always thought him and Luongo were over- rated TBH.
Yeah, you tend to say that every time his name comes up and i roll my eyes pretty much the same way and remember to disregard what you say about midfielders in the future :)

Luongo was far better than you gave him credit for but not a patch on Faurlin, i really struggle to see what there isn't to rate, one of the classiest players we've had on and off the pitch in the best part of 25 years.
Opinions. Hardly setting the world alight at Weds is he?