Kane's celebration?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Kane's celebration?

Post by guyrob07 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:18 pm

Looked pretty keen to clear the path for his celebration, anyone know the motive?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Kane's celebration?

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:05 pm

A metaphorical two fingers to all those who've been saying he's shit ever since he arrived at the club ?

Or possibly those who are still laughing at his middle names being Arthur Lucien.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:48 pm

Yes, clearly a message to his detractors of which there seem to be many.

Well, in the absence of spectators, said detractors must be online. I've always wondered if the players read message boards such as this one or if it's the dreaded Twitter.

Some of the comments on these platforms can be pretty scathing. Look at the remarks about Kane, Dykes, Lumley et al. Not very pleasant.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 pm

So long as a player give 100% they will always have my support,

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:24 pm

patrickqpr wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 pm
So long as a player give 100% they will always have my support,
Totally agree 100%. Your comment was about the best post I've ever read, and I'm not being condescending at all.
Players do frustrate us as fans, but as you say as long as they put a shift in, then they have my total backing.

Well done sir.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:45 pm

Exactly why I'm a big Dom Ball fan!

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:12 am

Didn't take long for the fans to turn on Kane again :roll:
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:40 pm

I'm a Kane critic. He is one of the worse crossers I've ever seen in a hooped shirt. I'd say more than 90% of his balls into the box last night were of no use whatsoever. This has more or less been the case all season.

As far as I can see he's not improving and at 27 is unlikely to at his age. The FB/WB position is such a critical one in modern football. He's simply not good enough.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:53 pm

dm wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:40 pm
I'm a Kane critic. He is one of the worse crossers I've ever seen in a hooped shirt. I'd say more than 90% of his balls into the box last night were of no use whatsoever. This has more or less been the case all season.

As far as I can see he's not improving and at 27 is unlikely to at his age. The FB/WB position is such a critical one in modern football. He's simply not good enough.
My post on Loft for Words
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ge:17/#430
which read:

'With regard to Todd Kane, crosses are a lottery, even for the very best teams. Getting the ball into the box at speed, when the potential recipients of it are moving (and so are the defenders) is hardly precise. Just getting the ball from the wing into a dangerous area is good. How threatening that cross turns out to be is just as much down to the strikers as it is to the winger or wing back making the cross. In seconds (split seconds?) they (strikers) have to assess what the player crossing the ball - usually with a full back challenging him - will try to do or is able to do. The precise and 'perfect' cross is rare.
Let's keep putting those crosses in and when they get past the first defender, a percentage will cause problems and our strikers will get goals.'
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:03 pm

kernowhoop wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:53 pm
dm wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:40 pm

My post on Loft for Words
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ge:17/#430
which read:

'With regard to Todd Kane, crosses are a lottery, even for the very best teams. Getting the ball into the box at speed, when the potential recipients of it are moving (and so are the defenders) is hardly precise. Just getting the ball from the wing into a dangerous area is good. How threatening that cross turns out to be is just as much down to the strikers as it is to the winger or wing back making the cross. In seconds (split seconds?) they (strikers) have to assess what the player crossing the ball - usually with a full back challenging him - will try to do or is able to do. The precise and 'perfect' cross is rare.
Let's keep putting those crosses in and when they get past the first defender, a percentage will cause problems and our strikers will get goals.'
Your comment is fair and I'd broadly agree. However, your observation that getting the ball into a dangerous area is 'good' is judgment enough on Kane's crossing. He rarely achieves that and is therefore not good. I'd go as far as saying he's bad at it.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:19 pm

It seems to me that at least half of Kane's attempted crosses hit the defender that is 2 yards from him and therefore get blocked. I guess this is because Kane is a defender with very little skill to get past the opposing defender to make the space for a clear chance at a cross. He seems to be getting in the position often enough, in the end if decent crosses don't come in, the Striker stops making the runs, perhaps a more skilful winger/player playing this position would be better suited?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:19 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:19 pm
perhaps a more skilful winger/player playing this position would be better suited?
Nail on the head line there. Half the team could be criticized along similar lines to Kane,
more money would bring in better players, we haven't got those funds.

That's the main reason why I congratulate the manager on operating with limited resources
in all ways; Warburton is doing a very good job.

Kane has his faults and I'd like to see Kakay come in for the next game but I've no real beef
with him, other players perhaps so.
Staff Benda Bilili

JC
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by JC » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:24 pm

I'd really love to see one of the strikers make a run to the near post more often - It takes defenders away, can allow a flick on or even get a shot away.