Results today

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Results today

Post by old pauline » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:19 pm

Some good results today. Hudds, Brum and Coventry are now well and truly in it. We might be able to count on one of them being in the bottom three come the end of the season. Derby are annoyingly pulling it around.

The fixtures seem to be working out OK for us. Although Rotherham away today would have been better than on a wet and cold Tuesday evening.

If we keep up the good defensive side there's even a chance of a point from our next home game, against Brentford.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Re: Results today

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:34 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:19 pm
Some good results today. Hudds, Brum and Coventry are now well and truly in it. We might be able to count on one of them being in the bottom three come the end of the season. Derby are annoyingly pulling it around.

The fixtures seem to be working out OK for us. Although Rotherham away today would have been better than on a wet and cold Tuesday evening.

If we keep up the good defensive side there's even a chance of a point from our next home game, against Brentford.
As things stand the earliest opportunity to fit in the Rotherham game will be 12/13 April. That's assuming we don't try to squeeze in a game Easter week. We have Forest away on Easter Monday and Sheffield Wednesday the following Saturday. So, the week after that for the Rotherham game?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:07 pm

Brentfords unbeaten run comes to an end at home versus Barnsley

Hope we can make it back-to-back defeats on Wednesday

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 am

Thought we gave them a game at their place and they got a touch lucky not bing down to ten men for most of the match.

Change of system for us and Charlie and Stefano Johansen in our ranks now but missing Bright.

Looking forward to the match difficult game but seem to have a bit more about us as a team now.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:10 am

Forgot we have Jordy De Wijs too - or maybe too soon fitness wise?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:15 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:07 pm
Brentfords unbeaten run comes to an end at home versus Barnsley

Hope we can make it back-to-back defeats on Wednesday
Wasn't it Barnslaaa that beat them on the last day of last season, denying them promotion even though we opened the door for them at WBA? I hope we win this one. Anyone else sick of these smugstards?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:34 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 am

Change of system for us and Charlie and Stefano Johansen in our ranks now but missing Bright.
Missing Bright?

I don't remember him pulling up trees and winning games for us when he was part of the team, we've won 3 out of 4 since he last played....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:13 am

Agreed, don't think he got much change out of Rico Henry in these games. "Missing" was more for the change of personnel than impact definition.

Hoping we are more wise to some of their tactics in these games - Canos and Mbuemo have shown on more than a few occasions their ability to drop on minimal or no contact. Can see them targeting our wing backs - Kane saw red last match so maybe worth ensuring we have Kakay and Niko ready to goon the bench just to manage the game. Maybe coincidence but Barnsley seemed to sub off their carded players on Sunday.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:54 am

Team news indicating Sam Field will be in the matchday squad but De Wijs just not quite there yet.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:07 pm

Bright had been largely dull this season and I expect him to be a turkey in Turkey. Boom! Boom! :D Play offs here we come! :wink:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:54 am
Team news indicating Sam Field will be in the matchday squad but De Wijs just not quite there yet.
He signed on loan nearly five weeks ago and is still not fit enough to even make the squad ? I expect he'll need time to get match fit after that too. Shrewd signing there.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:58 pm

Fortunately not impacted on us too greatly - hoping he gives us another decent option at the back

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:00 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 pm
Devonranger wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:54 am
He signed on loan nearly five weeks ago and is still not fit enough to even make the squad ? I expect he'll need time to get match fit after that too. Shrewd signing there.
He's had a calf problem since before coming to us but is apparently expected to be available on Saturday.