Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Queens Park Rangers vs Blackburn Rovers

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Noticed the break to the next fixture. As you say, Rotherham have to play midweek, as do Brentford, who we play on the following Wednesday - they play Reading this Wednesday, Barnsley at home on Sunday and then us on Wednesday.

Hopefully, we can make use of our slightly larger squad - interested to see Field - think he can give us an option with Dom Ball.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:49 pm
Noticed the break to the next fixture. As you say, Rotherham have to play midweek, as do Brentford, who we play on the following Wednesday - they play Reading this Wednesday, Barnsley at home on Sunday and then us on Wednesday.

Hopefully, we can make use of our slightly larger squad - interested to see Field - think he can give us an option with Dom Ball.
Yes,the added preparation time does seem to make a difference. Rotherham will be difficult but the fact that we matched Blackburn for physicality is very encouraging. I agree about Field but we seem to have hit upon a winning formula starting with Ball and Johansen so I wouldn't displace either of them yet.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Dom Ball worries me. He seems to give away a lot of needless free kicks in dangerous areas, and has a penchant for pulling his opponents shirt. He is undoubtedly committed to the cause, but would in my opinion benefit from a quiet word in his ear from the coaching staff.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:40 pm

Just seen that Blackburn signed Armstrong for £1.71million - very good bit of business.

Hoping that the likes of Austin and Johansenncan have a good impact on our younger players - Ball is still relatively young - still learning and seems committed to the cause.

No coincidence that perhaps a bit more energy in the middle and Cameron providing something extra in the back three has coincided with the upturn in results (and yes the subtle addition of Charlie A has contributed in some way too 😉).

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:41 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:18 pm
I was thinking before the game that a result would be more important than playing well and it turned out that way.

We played it long more than any other time during Warburton's tenure. It was rarely 'pass and possess the ball' but it worked.

Had we lost today we'd be 19th in the table and just 2 points above the relegation zone.

It's good to see that Warburton can be pragmatic and that he does have a plan B.
Fair comment...
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:32 am

Satch wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:40 pm
Rotherham won again.... Gaps gone up to five but more teams are getting sucked in...

I love it when a plan comes together....

Chair is seen as a real threat and noticed he was targeted at the start, Travis is a twunt doing a Romario when Charlie pushed him, deserved a card...

Dieng and Dickie finds of the season, Wallace and Barbet most improved...
Rivaldo?
I think your right..... 2002 World Cup....

Romario was 1994 if memory serves me right
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:29 pm

dm wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:18 pm
I was thinking before the game that a result would be more important than playing well and it turned out that way.

We played it long more than any other time during Warburton's tenure. It was rarely 'pass and possess the ball' but it worked.

Had we lost today we'd be 19th in the table and just 2 points above the relegation zone.

It's good to see that Warburton can be pragmatic and that he does have a plan B.
Agree - results are all that matter now. Don't think 50 points will be enough this year. What do others think?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:30 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:11 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:30 pm
222gers wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:58 pm
Decent first half but Blackburn looking stronger as the half progressed. Not a great deal for Dykes and Austen to feed on. We've seen this so many times this season - failure to score early on and the other team getting on to it.
The second half subs may well decide this one. Come on Rs let's win this.
Love your avatar 8)
Thanks Damien. The Rangers have a 100% record since I changed my avatar !
" How jolly splendid" 8)