Match thread: Watford - Q.P.R.

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match thread: Watford - Q.P.R.

Post by old pauline » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 pm

Damien wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:48 pm
old pauline wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:42 pm
Fantastic win but let's not get beside ourselves. Plenty to be learned from that game in terms of starting line-up, tactics and substitutions. I hope Warbs reflects on it.
All about results in our position Pauline. I just wish we could play like that at LR. It's a while since we've had supporters on the the scoresheet...and I'm gonna savour that :D Plus Twatford are a club I really dislike :twisted:
I totally agree. 100%. But let's not deny that until 16 minutes to go it looked like we'd got the starting XI and style wrong. Credit to the team though. They got there in the end. And like you say, its over 95 minutes that it counts.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:57 pm

Got caught for the clearance which led to the penalty but thought Wallace did ok up against Sarr - thought the wing back role worked OK for him. Kane had a good game the other side contributed going forwards and defensively.

Thought the number of individual errors was reduced, despite the concede for the penalty.

We do play a decent style of football and its surprising how many other championship sides play versions of hoof ball - Watford relied on alot of quick ball to the front for Sarr and co.

Really pleased for the players and management team - much deserved.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Great performance all around.

Well done team and manager.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 pm

What a result.

Kane MOTM, he looks like a completely different player in recent games. Wallace surprised me, considering how little he’s played did very well and showed good energy. George Thomas also showed a glimpse of what he can offer great cameo. The back 3 apart from the silly penalty have looked really solid, Barbet in particular. Willock assist was class and Uncle pulled that ball out of know where. Great start to the week, really lifted my lockdown mood!!!

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:06 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:52 pm
Damien wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:48 pm
old pauline wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:42 pm
Fantastic win but let's not get beside ourselves. Plenty to be learned from that game in terms of starting line-up, tactics and substitutions. I hope Warbs reflects on it.
All about results in our position Pauline. I just wish we could play like that at LR. It's a while since we've had supporters on the the scoresheet...and I'm gonna savour that :D Plus Twatford are a club I really dislike :twisted:
I totally agree. 100%. But let's not deny that until 16 minutes to go it looked like we'd got the starting XI and style wrong. Credit to the team though. They got there in the end. And like you say, its over 95 minutes that it counts.
Yep. There is always room for improvement, but I'm starting to come round to the idea that MW is learning from his mistakes. We really need at least a point and some goals at LR... not to undo the great work on the road. When did we last win away three times on the trot?

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:08 pm

guyrob07 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:02 pm
What a result.

Kane MOTM, he looks like a completely different player in recent games. Wallace surprised me, considering how little he’s played did very well and showed good energy. George Thomas also showed a glimpse of what he can offer great cameo. The back 3 apart from the silly penalty have looked really solid, Barbet in particular. Willock assist was class and Uncle pulled that ball out of know where. Great start to the week, really lifted my lockdown mood!!!
Nice warm feeling... isn't it? Come on U R'ssssssss 8) mi

bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:30 pm

Six games on the trot unbeaten cannot be too bad!
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:39 pm

We’re a different animal with Austin upfront.

What a result.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:58 pm

Well done Rangers. Lovely to win there especially in the last minute.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 pm

40-55 + years ago I've been at Vicarage Road with my mates, always tough as in those days we could get a regular stuffing.

High points of note were :

Venables ; " I thought we did well despite the slope" - Watty mates: "what slope ? ( well to be fair there was a large hump along the goal line when it reached the goal, but yes, hardly a slope as we know it.

Stan: commentator after game ( Tony Gubba I suspect ) " that's was a lovely double shuffle that Glen used to move the ball out to you Stan"

Stan: " yes, there's only 2 people in the world that know how to do that move and I taught Glen...." magical stuff.

So with all that luggage, getting stuffed, Watford beating us at Loftus Road under Taylor by some margin, all that, then yes, a rich rich win

suck it up.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:31 am

So excited last night I forgot to post!

Debated whether to watch or not as our record on sky is fairly abysmal, but the optimist in me won out and I’m so glad it did.

Been quite a while that the Rs had me punching the air, and I’d forgotten what a tonic football can be.

Delighted for manager and team, we do look a different beast with Charlie in the team. I was nervous but excited about his return; we all loved him first time around and I didn’t want that tarnished. What I hadn’t allowed for was the feel good factor he’d bring, which I think has been transformational. Apparently TF had a large part to play in his return, if so thank you Tony.

Some really good subs coming on today who’ll be pushing for starting slots. We look more dangerous with Willock on the pitch, can he start regularly please?!!

Kane excellent, Dickie will be on a few shopping lists this summer.

Come on my team, come on you Rsss!!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:33 am

Will the big lesson of the season be that experience is vital when you've got a squad packed with young players?

The introduction of Austin has transformed the team and last night we had Johansen and Wallace in the starting 11 who, although didn't shine as such, added their know-how to the performance. I think it's that experience that's been missing up to now.

Getting the mix of experience and youth right will be of huge importance as the club continues its player development strategy.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 am

Honorable mention to Dieng

The combination of the back three and Seny seems to be very solid

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:26 am

dm wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:33 am
Will the big lesson of the season be that experience is vital when you've got a squad packed with young players?

The introduction of Austin has transformed the team and last night we had Johansen and Wallace in the starting 11 who, although didn't shine as such, added their know-how to the performance. I think it's that experience that's been missing up to now.

Getting the mix of experience and youth right will be of huge importance as the club continues its player development strategy.
I think this is right - there will be games where we can play more youngsters but experience wise, the likes of Ball, Bonne, Dykes, Dieng, Dickie still are newbies at this level.

Thought Johansen was quietly effectively and his positioning gave Dom Ball more space to play in - Johansen's closing of first their defender and then their keeper at the start of the first half also set a good tone for the team. Think Johansen could be really effective in coming games.

I am thinking that Sarr would have bullied Niko in that game and Lee Wallace did a good job in the left wing back position - caught in possession for the penalty but Watford were upping their closing play.

Have to say that we played the better football and still looked in it at 1-0 down - credit to the players for sticking at it.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:00 pm

The victory even sweeter now it’s emerging what Deeney said to Dieng after the penalty.