Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by dm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:07 pm


jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 732
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by jimjams » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:35 am

Next subject on the board: "Same old, same old" :lol:

I thought this was a prank when I saw it, but his Twitter account shared it, so I guess it's kosher.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Rbee » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:47 am

37 years old and according to Wiki has not officially retired

🤔

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by deadendjob » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:24 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:47 am
37 years old and according to Wiki has not officially retired

🤔
Worth a shot 🤔
Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21572
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:33 am

I am sure that there will be plenty of shots fired at the club ranging from Evil Les' old pals act to positive discrimination etc. but this is actually getting in someone who was a world class defender, understands the modern game and has played under the best managers in the world. He seems to have kept his head down throughout his career and not attracted any unwelcome attention, other than the racist chanting, so I would be more than delighted if he were to join the QPR coaching staff. He is still registered as a player so... :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3718
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by old pauline » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am

I'm just praying we don't forget his birthday.

He was a midfielder by the way. Kolo Toure was a defender.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5807
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Rbee » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:02 pm

Yeah Mike get your facts right, midfielder and Cakegate caused a massive uproar :lol:

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4003
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:33 am
I am sure that there will be plenty of shots fired at the club ranging from Evil Les' old pals act to positive discrimination etc. but this is actually getting in someone who was a world class defender, understands the modern game and has played under the best managers in the world. He seems to have kept his head down throughout his career and not attracted any unwelcome attention, other than the racist chanting, so I would be more than delighted if he were to join the QPR coaching staff. He is still registered as a player so... :D
:like
Staff Benda Bilili

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 pm

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:17 pm

Congrats to the club. Quality player who should help the youngsters.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21572
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:52 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am
I'm just praying we don't forget his birthday.

He was a midfielder by the way. Kolo Toure was a defender.
Beg pardon, I got the two mixed up. Point still stands and yes, remember his birthday :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 am
Location: Holland

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Wegerle » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm

With Charlie up front and Toure in mid-field I wonder if Paul Parker is available for defensive duties?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by dm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:33 am
I am sure that there will be plenty of shots fired at the club ranging from Evil Les' old pals act to positive discrimination etc. but this is actually getting in someone who was a world class defender, understands the modern game and has played under the best managers in the world. He seems to have kept his head down throughout his career and not attracted any unwelcome attention, other than the racist chanting, so I would be more than delighted if he were to join the QPR coaching staff. He is still registered as a player so... :D
Esox, he has joined the QPR coaching staff but will work with the juniors as he's at the start of his coaching career.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4917
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Giorgio » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:08 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:21 pm
With Charlie up front and Toure in mid-field I wonder if Paul Parker is available for defensive duties?
...surely he could teach our defenders how to get into position and defend properly....
remember how good he was in defending though he was not a big man

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21572
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:29 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:33 am
I am sure that there will be plenty of shots fired at the club ranging from Evil Les' old pals act to positive discrimination etc. but this is actually getting in someone who was a world class defender, understands the modern game and has played under the best managers in the world. He seems to have kept his head down throughout his career and not attracted any unwelcome attention, other than the racist chanting, so I would be more than delighted if he were to join the QPR coaching staff. He is still registered as a player so... :D
Esox, he has joined the QPR coaching staff but will work with the juniors as he's at the start of his coaching career.
That was what I understood too. My hope would be that he gets all his badgers with us and progresses through the ranks to eventually become a manager with us. I believe that that is the type of continuity the club needs to become a sustainable force without jeopardising our financial future, a continuity where we are managed by people who know the club inside out and understand the ethos of the club whilst maintaining the highest standards we can afford.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13778
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: Yaya Toure joins QPR coaching team

Post by dm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:19 pm
My hope would be that he gets all his badgers with us and progresses through the ranks...
Do you think he might be mates with Brian May?

Post Reply