Sums it all up

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Sums it all up

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:31 pm

2 cracking chances which were absolutely squandered, Kane totally unable to make a cross and Timo H not close enough to a scorer. We need a striker who has some idea. Dykes at least otherwise played well but Bonne really is useless. We all criticise MW but who bought these players?

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Sums it all up

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm

I stand by my view that Dykes and Bonne are scandalous signings.
The recruitment at Rangers has to be a concern.
Staff Benda Bilili

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm
At least they play. Adomah is the signing that worries me. Why?

Barbet, Dickie, Kane & Carroll are all decent signings. So it's not all scandalous.

Kelman looks like he'll be a decent player too.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:24 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:03 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:45 pm
At least they play. Adomah is the signing that worries me. Why?

Barbet, Dickie, Kane & Carroll are all decent signings. So it's not all scandalous.

Kelman looks like he'll be a decent player too.
I'm grumpy from yet another hard QPR watch so forgive me if I come across as disagreeable but I have to say Kane is a woeful fullback. He can't pass or cross, is lightweight in defence and his decision making when on the ball is usually poor. I honestly think he's the worst RB since Bob Malcolm played a game in that position. I'd much rather have Kakay at RB and he's nowhere near the finished article.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:54 pm

Lots of folk having a pop at the potential loan signing of Charlie Austin, but today showed why we need him. Bonne and Dykes had glorious chances and spunked them. Charlie, I think would have at least hit the target, and the Bonne header would have been in rather than straight at the keeper.

I thought Dykes played well and had a good game apart from his glaring miss. I don't see him as a 'scandalous signing' but rather someone who we need to play to his strengths. I think he would really benefit from working with an experienced striker like Charlie Austin too.

Bonne, had a day to forget - he could have been the hero.

We once again gave away silly free kicks, and Nicolas Hamalainen wants shooting for his foul and booking. Everything about that said Sunday League.

Overall, today was one that got away, but as it went in to extra time I think most of us saw that the script was written. We had to do it in 90 minutes, and had three or four really good chances to do so in those 90 minutes.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:55 pm

I think Kane went missing for the first goal - Ball covering his position and Kane just wandering back in. Not a great fan of Hamaleinen either - doesn't seem to get the pace of the game.

Nice sight of Bettache - looks very comfortable on the ball and seems to pick the right pass - didn't track Reif for their first though.

Not giving up on Dykes and Bonne just yet - hoping arrival of Chaz will help both along.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm

I really hope Charlie starts on Tuesday night. Thought we played okay in normal time but our atrocious finishing and Warburton's usual abysmal substitutions handed them the game. If we're playing wing backs then they need to be able to cross the ball - fine while BOS was on the pitch but not with the other two. He needs at least four points from the next two matches.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:33 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:52 pm
I really hope Charlie starts on Tuesday night. Thought we played okay in normal time but our atrocious finishing and Warburton's usual abysmal substitutions handed them the game. If we're playing wing backs then they need to be able to cross the ball - fine while BOS was on the pitch but not with the other two. He needs at least four points from the next two matches.
I'll settle for a win in one of them, rather than the likely two draws. We have to get scoring and winning again. Both will be very tough.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 am

Since Wycombe have got Ikpeazu on the pitch, it has coincided with an upturn in results and attacking capability for them. Will be an interesting match up with Rob Dickie and Co.

If Charlie is fit enough to start, I think we should integrate him with Dykes or Bonne - just his runs and movement off the ball may open a few things up for us.

Perhaps a no brainedr of a signing but maybe a shrewd one in terms of also helping develop the lads we have.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:04 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:19 am
Since Wycombe have got Ikpeazu on the pitch, it has coincided with an upturn in results and attacking capability for them. Will be an interesting match up with Rob Dickie and Co.

If Charlie is fit enough to start, I think we should integrate him with Dykes or Bonne - just his runs and movement off the ball may open a few things up for us.

Perhaps a no brainedr of a signing but maybe a shrewd one in terms of also helping develop the lads we have.
Did he not play 45 minutes against Arsenal last week.

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Damien wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:33 am
I'll settle for a win in one of them, rather than the likely two draws. We have to get scoring and winning again. Both will be very tough.
I think he'll be gone if we lose to Luton. Similarly, if we can't beat Wycombe. Bit more confident now we've re-signed Charlie but it really does show how poorly the club has been run for the last five years when the most excited the fanbase has been is for his return. The DoF has failed to find a decent replacement for him and we're now relying on an older, less fit Charlie to do the business for us five years' on. Shocking.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:12 pm

n22hoop wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:03 pm
I said Bonne and Dykes are scandalous signings and I stick by that, have you seen the 3 gilt edged
chances that were fluffed yesterday? Dykes looked like a pub player with his miss.

As others have pointed out also Kane isn't up to scratch either. Dickie is obviously a success as can be
Kelman but Hamalainen is beginning to raise concern about his lack of form too.

Where is Willock? Is he injured? Not match fit? other issues behind the scenes?
The team are in crisis hence these questions.
Staff Benda Bilili