Charlie Austin on loan

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Charlie Austin on loan

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:54 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:24 am
It appears that most have forgotten just how poor he has looked on the pitch these last 2 seasons
Sounds like a perfect fit then.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:14 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
It appears that most have forgotten just how poor he has looked on the pitch these last 2 seasons
...well, Esox, if that can be give some hope....in the past I heard similar words said about two players that many considered finished...gone..
and I am talking about a certain Roberto Baggio (nobody was giving him a place in the squad in the 1998) and Giuseppe Signori...a great striker with Lazio but who became lost after moving to Sampdoria who released him for free...they both came to Bologna and woowww.... they showed what champions they STILL were, playing and scoring....and taking Bologna FC in Europe - and Baggio getting the call for World Cup in France.

Sometimes players needs the right "environment" to perform at their level....so hopefully Charly back at LR might find his form....he is
31 yrs old, not that old...and he is surely aware that this is probably his last chance at a certain level of pro football....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:24 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:10 pm
Damien wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:53 pm
I suppose the club has to do something as we are "staring down the barrel". It does smack of desperation though.

Aren’t we desperate at this stage.

We couldn’t score in a brothel.
Of course we are. It's a desperate move for a desperate situation is all I'm saying. I just don't want my memories of Charlie ruined if it goes tits up like it usually does with QPR. Welcome back anyway Chaz.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 am

Hoping this is a slightly different model to having Wells and Hugill in - thinking more helping the development and support of Dykes and Bonne, which I think would be a good move.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:24 am
Hoping this is a slightly different model to having Wells and Hugill in - thinking more helping the development and support of Dykes and Bonne, which I think would be a good move.
Just hope it is different. Wells and Hugill going nowhere, come to us, show what they an do in the championship and the rest is history. I believe Austin has a one year extension on his contract which if he does well for us WBA may well action.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:06 pm

A good few seem to think Austin will help our existing strikers. Seeing him train and play close up may well help them but it needs to be said that, as a professional footballer, he's here to play, not to coach. He'll be competing with Dykes, Bonne and Kelman for a starting place and will want to do well to extend his playing career at the highest possible level.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:16 pm

To be honest, we have absolutely nothing to lose. Our current team are incapable of scoring and we are sliding down the table. Charlie is a gamble but one I"m willing to take.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:38 pm

...honestly I find funny that people around are criticizing the signing of Charlie....
well I would tell these guys...have a look at what we have at the moment up front.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:06 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
It appears that most have forgotten just how poor he has looked on the pitch these last 2 seasons and unless it is sum commensurate with what we are paying Dykes and Bonne then I am out. If we were getting the CA that we had for a couple of seasons then I would be in the vanguard clamouring for his return but, coupled with his injury record, this looks like a bad choice for the club. As mentioned above, get someone popular in to shut the fans up as they can't see further than the end of their noses.
I've read a lot of West Brom fans saying he's well passed it and they were happy to offset some wages.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:05 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:06 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
It appears that most have forgotten just how poor he has looked on the pitch these last 2 seasons and unless it is sum commensurate with what we are paying Dykes and Bonne then I am out. If we were getting the CA that we had for a couple of seasons then I would be in the vanguard clamouring for his return but, coupled with his injury record, this looks like a bad choice for the club. As mentioned above, get someone popular in to shut the fans up as they can't see further than the end of their noses.
I've read a lot of West Brom fans saying he's well passed it and they were happy to offset some wages.
Yep, this is definitely a loan that I will be deliriously happy to eat my words over.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.