Sherwood

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Sherwood

Post by Rbee » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:00 pm

According to The Sun

QPR are ready to ask Tim Sherwood to become their boss if Mark Warburton fails to turn round results. Sherwood is a close friend of club supremo Les Ferdinand.

The former Tottenham and Aston Villa manager is working as a TV pundit and has turned down other chances to go back into the dugout.

Sherwood has been out of football since a season at Swindon, where he was director of football but left when they were relegated. But he showed his potential at Spurs, famously giving Harry Kane his big break and also talking old pal Ferdinand into joining his team.

Sherwood had a bitter-sweet spell at Villa, which ended after he took them to the FA Cup final. Since then he has been on the fringes of the game but friends say he would take up a challenge if it was right and he could trust his bosses.

A major stumbling block could be his £1million-a-year pay demands, though. Sherwood is pals with Chris Ramsey and could form part of a new management team if Ferdinand can fund it. Rangers have had a flat season under Warburton and are just above the relegation zone in the Championship.

They are also trying to do a deal for Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes. He is a free agent in the summer and could leave this month. Ferdinand will free up funds for a goalscorer and Rhodes has a proven record at the level. Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri stopped him leaving before by asking for a big fee. But with his contract running out, that will be impossible this time.

Markybabar
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: Sherwood

Post by Markybabar » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:15 pm

Please don’t let this be true.

I’ll be a good boy this year, I promise.

Please God No.
I KNOW IAM, I'M SURE I AM, I'M RANGERS 'TILL I DIE!

whittonhoop
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by whittonhoop » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:25 pm

If the word “bosses” were changed for something else, then at least it would be more transparent

However, I would be happy to see Jordan Rhodes join

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:27 am

I think that most probably this is entirely speculation pulled out of the writer's arse.

That said:
-I think LF would try to go for Sherwood if we changed managers again
-Sherwood would probably be a good option in the short-term to get us out of trouble.
-He seems like an idiot, and full of himself, but his managerial record isn't particularly bad
-I doubt we would pay him a million a year (and very much hope we don't)
-Not sure about Rhodes, is a proven option against our three mostly unproven ones, but there must be others in for him, so he might be out of range for us.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:07 am

This is just your standard slow day at the office for some poor excuse for a journalist. If we were going to ever get Sherwood, we'd have done so by now.

This is from The Sun ffs.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:13 pm

If its true then its a great bit of PR by the club. They know we don't want Sherwood so it might be a "careful what you wish for " ploy to get the fans backing Warburton.

Although naturally disappointed with the results and lack of goals l personally think Warburton is doing an ok job considering the financial restrictions and all the big players he lost from last season. We've had enough chances to win most games and Dykes, Bonne, Wilcock and Adomah have all shown with other clubs they can find the back of the net. Our bench is so young and inexperienced i don't think many other managers could do a much better job. So personally I'd stick and see what happens in the transfer window.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:24 pm

beaglebum wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:13 pm
If its true then its a great bit of PR by the club. They know we don't want Sherwood so it might be a "careful what you wish for " ploy to get the fans backing Warburton.

Although naturally disappointed with the results and lack of goals l personally think Warburton is doing an ok job considering the financial restrictions and all the big players he lost from last season. We've had enough chances to win most games and Dykes, Bonne, Wilcock and Adomah have all shown with other clubs they can find the back of the net. Our bench is so young and inexperienced i don't think many other managers could do a much better job. So personally I'd stick and see what happens in the transfer window.
I do have my criticisms of MW - for example, slavishly persisting with Cameron when he cannot get up and down, his choices at full back and reluctance to take risks with this substitutions but in fairness if he can get performances like that against Norwich with the players that he has at his disposal then I think we should stick with him
Come on you Sooopa ........