Currently 20th

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Re: Currently 20th

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:00 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 pm
The ground is already owned in a separate company and has been for years. If the club went under the ground would be uneffected and subject to planning could be sold for £40m or so. Savills do valuations fairly regularly but am not sure of latest figures. The club does not have the asset of its own ground is the main point.
There was a covenant on the land, in that it could only be used for sporting or leisure pursuits. If that's still in place, then that will prevent houses being built on the site, making it practically worthless. Hence my suggestion elsewhere that we offer the athletics club (currently at the Linford Christie stadium) Loftus Road in a part exchange deal.

Of course, the covenant may have been lifted, but it was certainly in place at some time in the past.

Linford Christie is hemorrhaging money for the Council, so they do need to get rid of it. Offering the Loftus Road site in any deal would go some way to overcoming the Council's view that we (the club's owners) are a bunch of mercenary businessmen just out to rip off the Council.

The Loftus Road site could by removing the Ellerslie Road stand and one of the end stands be turned into an excellent new home for the athetics and running club.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:48 pm

I may be wrong but i think the covenant was in favour of the council. If so in these hard times it could be bought out or as you say there could be some kind of trade off with LC stadium .

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:00 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:27 pm
..... unless our strikers starts finding the back of the net, it’s going to be us
And what clearly shows where our problems are is comparing last season with this after 22 games

Last season Played 22 won 9 drew 4 lost 9 for 35 against 42
This season. 22 4 9 9 20 30

So we have lost the same number of games as last season. But clearly it is goals we are missing while the defence has somewhat improved.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:00 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:00 pm
Danish Ranger wrote:
..... unless our strikers starts finding the back of the net, it’s going to be us
And what clearly shows where our problems are is comparing last season with this after 22 games

So we have lost the same number of games as last season. But clearly it is goals we are missing while the defence has somewhat improved.
Thats an interesting stat actually as the difference is 5 games which we've drawn and not won. Thinking of the recent Norwich and Wycombe games we could've won both so thats 4 pts dropped. Plus other games a mistake has cost us to drop points. So we're not far off where we were last season IF ONLY we could find the back of the net so that the mistakes don't cost us dearly. Have faith. U R'ssss

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 pm

I remember an interview with Alf Ramsey years ago in which he mused “missin' chances is one o' life's mysteries”.
Quite so.

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:19 am

beaglebum wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:00 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:00 pm
Danish Ranger wrote:

Thats an interesting stat actually as the difference is 5 games which we've drawn and not won. Thinking of the recent Norwich and Wycombe games we could've won both so thats 4 pts dropped. Plus other games a mistake has cost us to drop points. So we're not far off where we were last season IF ONLY we could find the back of the net so that the mistakes don't cost us dearly. Have faith. U R'ssss
Except that last season there were also games where we nearly picked up points but didn’t, so you’re not comparing like with like

New players in January and we’re in with a chance

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:56 am

222gers wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:35 pm
I remember an interview with Alf Ramsey years ago in which he mused “missin' chances is one o' life's mysteries”.
Quite so.
On the other hand, his long lost son Gordon mused "for f**k's sake, finish it. What the f**k's wrong with you"

It's less philosphical, but I can certainly relate to it.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?