Currently 20th

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Currently 20th

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:35 pm

Forest are winning so we drop another place...

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Currently 20th

Post by old pauline » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:57 pm

Forest will get out of it with their squad. We need Wycombe, Rotherham and one other to struggle to get any results.
Come on you Sooopa ........

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:01 pm

We are the “other”

W12Allstars
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by W12Allstars » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:13 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:01 pm
We are the “other”
I was just about to say that too.

People need to wake up and have a reality check.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, than to dwell in the twighlight that knows neither victory nor defeat - T Roosevelt

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 pm

My guess Birmingham, Milwall or us. Will depend on who makes some good signings in January. With our history .....

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:27 pm

..... unless our strikers starts finding the back of the net, it’s going to be us

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:52 pm

Two points above a team who started on -6 and five points behind Coventry who were in League 2 a couple of years ago, it's not looking good. Wycombe is an absolute must-win - no excuses.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 pm

Get rid of MW now, it gives Eustace or a new manager 2 weeks to work on the training ground. I assume the FA Cup tie next week will be postponed. Any players brought in need to be the new managers buys. No doubt we are heading into the relegation zone and will be in it sooner rather than later. It’s gonna end in tears with MW, if he isn’t sacked now he will be soon, so let’s get it done while there is plenty of time.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:09 am

I really hoped that this was just a poor run of form and MW and the players would turn things around but it does now feel a bit more serious. Some plucky draws against Bournemouth, Watford & Norwich don't make up for not taking maximum points from games against lesser opposition. MW's apparent inflexibility is clearly part of the problem but so are some of the personnel recruited and the loss of Luke Amos didn't help matters. I'm a great believer in looking at the season 10 games at a time, so in our first 10 games we accumulated 13 points, second 10 games delivered 7 points and 2 games into the next set of 10 we have 1 point. Pretty poor by anyone's standards. Looking at January & February fixtures, Wycombe & Derby at home and Rotherham & Birmingham away look to be fairly critical. Beating bloody Brentford has to be a must! Is MW the man to oversee the rest of the season and turn things around...answers on a postcard please!
Question everything.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 pm

carrotstick wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:22 pm
Get rid of MW now, it gives Eustace or a new manager 2 weeks to work on the training ground. I assume the FA Cup tie next week will be postponed. Any players brought in need to be the new managers buys. No doubt we are heading into the relegation zone and will be in it sooner rather than later. It’s gonna end in tears with MW, if he isn’t sacked now he will be soon, so let’s get it done while there is plenty of time.
Any reason that you think changing the manager will have any benefit? It certainly hasn't before. It also lumbers the club with paying off MW and anyone else who has to leave, pay someone for a new contract, along with "his" people and any signings he wants. We are close to another FFP breach this season and need to grit our teeth stick with what we have got even if it means doing it in another league. The main thing is to still have a club when life (hopefully) returns to normal, some fans won't.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:07 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:14 pm
carrotstick wrote:
Any reason that you think changing the manager will have any benefit? It certainly hasn't before. It also lumbers the club with paying off MW and anyone else who has to leave, pay someone for a new contract, along with "his" people and any signings he wants. We are close to another FFP breach this season and need to grit our teeth stick with what we have got even if it means doing it in another league. The main thing is to still have a club when life (hopefully) returns to normal, some fans won't.
Nope..... changing manager doesn’t seem to work for us, but you never know it might do. I’ve had enough of the repetitive post match interviews, the poor results, having 1 shot on target per game and heading the wrong way in the table. Some people you can warm to and some you can’t, I just don’t like this guy. I would imagine financially it would be a disaster if we keep MW and go down, so I would gamble, pay him off and get in someone new. Don’t ask me who, I don’t care, I’ve just had enough of MW.

beaglebum
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by beaglebum » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:19 pm

I can never understand when its suggested to sack the manager and let the no 2 take control (ie Eustace or Ramsey). Surely they both talk to MW on the training pitch and put forward their ideas? If they do, then they will make no difference. If they dont then why are they on the managerial team?

wrinklyhoop
2010/11 Sponsor
2010/11 Sponsor

Post by wrinklyhoop » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
carrotstick wrote:
Seriously Mike? Can they continue with it in the current situation?

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:09 pm

wrinklyhoop wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
carrotstick wrote:
Seriously Mike? Can they continue with it in the current situation?
Time for the board to sell the ground to themselves, that seems to be the way to go.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:14 pm

The ground is already owned in a separate company and has been for years. If the club went under the ground would be uneffected and subject to planning could be sold for £40m or so. Savills do valuations fairly regularly but am not sure of latest figures. The club does not have the asset of its own ground is the main point.